Forums
Posted By: Gibbo A tyre place to take off locking wheel nuts - 15th Jul 2013 12:12pm
I need to get rid of the awful locking wheel nuts on my car, the lock adapter is useless and won't grip the nut because some airgun moron has obviously used a gun to put them on.

Turnip kindly told me about a Sealey SX200 Locking Wheel Nut Removal Set, but the instructions say they need putting on with an air impact wrench.

So, can anyone recommend a garage or tyre place that will have a go and maybe already have them in? Please don't recommend anywhere unless you know they'll do the job. Last time someone recommended a place and they didn't do the work I needed.

Thank you.
I would have thought most tyre places are equipped to remove locking nuts as I am sure they get it all the time, give a few tyre places a ring and see if they can.
Posted By: Mark Re: A tyre place to take off locking wheel nuts - 15th Jul 2013 2:56pm
Lock Nut + Grinder = off.

You will need new nuts to replace those removed.
Posted By: Jake_ Re: A tyre place to take off locking wheel nuts - 18th Jul 2013 12:58am
Tyres direct on dock road do it, they snapped my locking nut adapter and removed the locked nuts easy.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: A tyre place to take off locking wheel nuts - 18th Jul 2013 7:53am
Your best doing what I have done many times. knock a socket on it to remove it. You wont get a grinder anywhere near it without damaging the wheel.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: A tyre place to take off locking wheel nuts - 18th Jul 2013 11:18am
All sorted, thanks to Callows at New ferry.

We did it by parking up alongside a kerb, putting on a wheel wrench with a proper 90' right angle, not the angled ones you normally get.

Then we got a very thick piece of timber, put it between the tyre and kerb and pressed it right in against the wheel wrench, which was on full extension and very, very slowly turned.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral