Forums
Posted By: dannysayer A few problems that need looking at. - 5th Jun 2013 7:14pm
I have a Ford Focus YR58BXD and need a few problems looking at:-

1. Vibration when idle and also when turning engine off whole car shakes. Been told its most likely a engine mount need replacing.

2. When on motorway a vibration through whole car floor. Not sure if its related to problem 1.

3. Had 3 sets and pads replaced on car over a period of a year and half. They all seem to warp and the brakes don't feel right. When I brake hard steering wheel pulls to left/right so something wrong with brakes.

4. When I accelerate sometimes car pulls to left or right.

5. Replace Fuel Filter.

I have replaced all 4 alloys and tyres with new ones that are balanced aswell so they are not the vibration problem.

How much would I be looking at to investigate these problems.

Anyone recommend where the best place to go.

Thanks.

Posted By: Willo_ Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 5th Jun 2013 8:09pm
Originally Posted by dannysayer
I have a Ford Focus YR58BXD and need a few problems looking at:-

1. Vibration when idle and also when turning engine off whole car shakes. Been told its most likely a engine mount need replacing.

2. When on motorway a vibration through whole car floor. Not sure if its related to problem 1.

3. Had 3 sets and pads replaced on car over a period of a year and half. They all seem to warp and the brakes don't feel right. When I brake hard steering wheel pulls to left/right so something wrong with brakes.

4. When I accelerate sometimes car pulls to left or right.

5. Replace Fuel Filter.

I have replaced all 4 alloys and tyres with new ones that are balanced aswell so they are not the vibration problem.

How much would I be looking at to investigate these problems.

Anyone recommend where the best place to go.

Thanks.

Who have you had replace the brakes.

Vibration could be engine mount or gear box mount.
Fuel filter, with yours being a diesel am not to sure if its in same place as the petrol model, either way that's an easy job.
Posted By: dannysayer Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 5th Jun 2013 9:39pm
had 2 different places replace them so makes me think there is something wrong
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 5th Jun 2013 9:50pm
Sounds like you have warped discs, or knackered cylinders which will knacker the pads and can cause the car to go to one side instead of straight.
Posted By: raymondo Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 5th Jun 2013 10:20pm
check your bottom wishbone bushes they suffer with them and delite your reg off your listing m8
Posted By: mrhanky Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 5th Jun 2013 10:56pm
the braking problem could be all sorts of things, have the flanges been checked for run out?
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 6th Jun 2013 8:07am
I had the 2, 3 and 4 on a Laguna, turned out to be the wheel bearings. May also be a possibility.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 6th Jun 2013 10:43am
I've had 1 and 2 on a diesel Pug 307. 1 was the cam sensor, 2 was a buckled front wheel. Moved the front wheels to the back and the problem disappeared.

But if you've swapped all four wheels it's unlikely its another buckled one.

The mounts should be easily visually inspected to see if they're at fault.
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: A few problems that need looking at. - 2nd Oct 2013 2:52pm
My best friend had these problems on one she bought from M53. Had new discs and pads fitted when bought. It happened again just under one year later, all the same things. After discussion they fitted another set, cleared the problems but she sold the car then.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral