Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 1:33pm
....mount an amp on the back of the back seats?

smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 1:57pm
Seen it done loads of times. just make sure you know where the fan is
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 2:08pm
why u think it aint? its just like mountin it anywhere else innit
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 3:11pm
i've heard your not meant to mount them upside-down, so wondering if mounting it on the back of the seat would cause any trouble at all with it being a strange angle
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 3:16pm
Ive had one mounted upside down and against the back seat in the past without any problems smile
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 6:18pm
mines mounted 2 the back seatso i dont know????
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 6:32pm
You're not meant to mount really powerful ones upside down because the heat can't escape from them happy
Posted By: Dazza Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 7:05pm
Yea most of the time it doesnt cause any problems but the only reason some people dont agree to it is the heat disapation i.e the coolin fan may not work as efficiently with gravity being a factor.

Also heat rises so rather than it escaping threw the top of your amp, if its slanted/upside down the heat will simply stay inside amp and not be able to escape.

2p if it help smile
Posted By: John WRX Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 8:39pm
Correct Dazza,

Had problem a while back with amp in an old car of mine, mounted in same position, after about 8 months it gave up, suppose it depends on quality etc of the amp but i think it will reduce its life but by how much is not answerable.
Posted By: lawton Re: Is it ok to...... - 12th Jan 2005 10:08pm
ive got my amp mounted to the back seats and it doesnt cause me any problems, but it depends on where the fan is situated.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Is it ok to...... - 13th Jan 2005 1:18am
Same here, mine is mounted on the back of the back seat and no problems also......
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Is it ok to...... - 13th Jan 2005 1:36am
1 off Mine's on me back seat also, it'll be fine ad
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Is it ok to...... - 13th Jan 2005 7:16pm
if they r smaller power amps (i.e) under 500w peak power there shouldn't be a mojor problem because they dont create that musch heat, when u start gettin bigger u need to think about proper cooling
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is it ok to...... - 14th Jan 2005 7:46pm
cheers for the feedback cool
© Wirral-Wikiwirral