Forums
Posted By: grahamgfr Exhaust Welding Help - 18th Aug 2012 10:09am
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a quality workshop in the Wirral that can weld up a small stress crack on my catalytic converter there and then without ripping me off ?
Thanks in advance
Graham
1996 Jaguar XJ6
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Exhaust Welding Help - 18th Aug 2012 10:14am
Originally Posted by grahamgfr
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a quality workshop in the Wirral that can weld up a small stress crack on my catalytic converter there and then without ripping me off ?
Thanks in advance
Graham
1996 Jaguar XJ6
http://www.madd-motors.co.uk/
Posted By: Davefabo Re: Exhaust Welding Help - 18th Aug 2012 4:48pm
I would try Durley garage on the Durley trading estate by the Woodchurch motorway roundabout. I have used them many times and found them to be excellent and not too pricey.
If your car is a VW, skoda seat or Audi then Viscount VW centre on Carr lane estate behind Hoylake railway station is excellent.
Posted By: turnip Re: Exhaust Welding Help - 19th Aug 2012 9:31am
My dad can weld exhausts. He's done a bit of work for a couple of people on here. Feel free to pm me and I'll send you his number.
Posted By: suzim Re: Exhaust Welding Help - 23rd Aug 2012 7:02pm
hi.just noticed you needed your exhaust welding..im a mot welder based behind the police station in liceard, with 30 years experiance panelbeating.. if you still need a quote or freindly advice .. please feel free to contact me on me ring me on 07858578486. cheers t
Posted By: grahamgfr Re: Exhaust Welding Help - 31st Aug 2012 2:47pm
Thank you everyone for your response, in the end I used turnip's Dad. Very pleased with the result, thanks Steve
© Wirral-Wikiwirral