Forums
Posted By: Salmon M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 11:12am
What is it about drivers on the M53 (particularly bad) that gives them the right to sit in the middle lane at 50-55 without a care in the world. This forces others to move into the outside lane or pass them on the inside whih could be considered illegal. Middle lane is for overtaking only same a the outside lane.
The sooner this starts being enforced the better
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-fine-points-wrong-lane-tailgating.html
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 11:32am
I'd say I was quite laid back and things don't get to me but this really pisses me off. You see people coming on at the junction and just indicate out into the middle lane even though there is nothing in lane one. Personally I cut them up, I know I'm probably worse doing it but it does my head in!
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 11:43am
Oh dont start me off about middle lane drivers. They drive me mad!! Excuse the pun. I questioned someone once about it and asked why they do it and was told. Quote! Because im doing 60 and feel safer. not having to swap and change lanes.un quote,.They are a bloody danger on motorway. I still believe motorway driving should be incorporated in driving lessons.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 11:48am
They instantly convert a 3 lane motorway into a 2 lane one. Thanks a lot you arrogant thickos !! Fizz Fizz....
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 12:04pm
I dont want to kick it off , but , as i work in E Port , i go up and down the M53 twice a day , and can safely say , the overwhelming majority of middle lane driver are women.
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 12:05pm
I was behind somebody this morning in the middle lane he was doing 4omit my god it really annoyed me and I couldn't move over to the fast lane because there was no room to squeeze in I just don't no why they can't at least do the speed limit x
Posted By: alann Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 12:08pm
Agree with all of you, middle lane is for OVERTAKING.......
Posted By: chriskay Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 1:12pm
I agree that middle lane hoggers are very annoying. I have to say that the way they treat this in the USA works well. There, on a multi-lane highway, you simply choose the lane you want to be in, and stay there. You pass and are passed by traffic on both sides. Because everybody knows this, it works fine. Here, it wouldn't because we're just not expecting to be passed on the nearside so are probably not keeping a proper look-out. What isn't tolerated there, if spotted by the cops, is weaving from lane to lane to overtake. Incidentally here, passing on the nearside (undertaking), isn't an offence in itself but can often be classed as DWDCA.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 6:58pm
Ooo toffee. I too go up and down m53 everyday and im a lady driver and an advanced driver too. The majority i see are older people. Male and female.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 9:01pm
Good for you pegsgirl in becoming an advanced driver! It's a great pity more folk don't. Everyone "thinks" they are a good driver. It's another thing to prove it to a steely-eyed Traffic Cop examiner !
Posted By: Clive Re: M53 drivers - 15th Jun 2012 10:19pm
smile

Attached picture motoway.jpg
Posted By: MikeT Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 5:05am
Originally Posted by Salmon
What is it about drivers on the M53 (particularly bad) that gives them the right to sit in the middle lane at 50-55 without a care in the world.

Flash your lights once. Most of them get the hint and pull over. And yes, the majority of them are women, of all ages.

The overhead electronic signs do occasionally say "don't hog the middle lane", but nowhere near often enough.
Posted By: Salmon Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 6:20am
Not sure that many do respond sensibly to flashing lights. Last month driving down M40, I was in the inside lane doing 65ish with nothing in front and caught up with a guy in a Saab in the middle lane so clearly doing less than me. I pulled out to overtake him, flashed my lights and went past him then pulled back in to inside lane.Next thing he is right up my boot flashing like mad and blasting his horn. He stayed there for what seemed like ages then pulled back into middle lane and sat there at 60ish. I just let him get on with it, slowed doen till he was aaway with the wind then carried on as normal.Luckily it was a quiet stretch but scary.
Posted By: SirTankWelder Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 8:06am
Not sure that many do respond sensibly to flashing lights. Last month driving down M40, I was in the inside lane doing 65ish with nothing in front and caught up with a guy in a Saab in the middle lane so clearly doing less than me. I pulled out to overtake him, flashed my lights and went past him then pulled back in to inside lane.Next thing he is right up my boot flashing like mad and blasting his horn. He stayed there for what seemed like ages then pulled back into middle lane and sat there at 60ish. I just let him get on with it, slowed doen till he was aaway with the wind then carried on as normal.Luckily it was a quiet stretch but scary.

I would have done him on the inside ,just like i do with every other middle lane hogger.
Posted By: Cranky Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 9:07am
Middle lane hoggers drive me nuts too. If they can't use the motorway properly then they shouldn't be driving on it...
Posted By: dave_h Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 9:10am
Originally Posted by SirTankWelder

I would have done him on the inside ,just like i do with every other middle lane hogger.

should of indicated and gestured him to pull over, gave him the lowdown on merits of using the motorway properly via the 4 knuckle method!
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 9:32am
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
I dont want to kick it off , but , as i work in E Port , i go up and down the M53 twice a day , and can safely say , the overwhelming majority of middle lane driver are women.

I use the m53 about 4 times a week if not more, so I will be having a look who is in the middle lane from now on smirk
Posted By: Userpam82 Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 12:36pm
I was on motorway before and an elderly man in middle lane doing 40 couldn't believe it x
Posted By: DavidB Re: M53 drivers - 16th Jun 2012 7:06pm
Majority are repmobile drivers, I'd say 90% were BMW/Audi/Insignia/Passat fleet hire cars. Always in a hurry to get to the next set of traffic lights.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral