Forums
Posted By: jessiikahh bike test - 8th May 2012 5:07pm
hiya guys

im wonderinf if anybody can help me.. i looking to get my boyfriend a bike for his birthday but also want to do his test for his birthday too.. but can you do your test on one of their bikes or do you have to have your own bike.. etc and what do you do in it? is it just all practical or is it theory too

also were about is the test centre..

as you can tell im bloody useless at everything and havent a clue on where to start

so any information will be a great help thank you

laugh
Posted By: alann Re: bike test - 8th May 2012 5:22pm
The price usually includes the CBT test, and use of a bike, takes abiut 5 hours tha takes in a 2 hour ride to make sure your competent, try marriots in birkenhead, or the bike shop on rake lane wallasey...
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: bike test - 8th May 2012 5:26pm
thanks do you know roughly the prices smile

are the cbt seprate he only wants a 125 bike i think not a big bike

is the cbt different to a normal one??

thanks
Posted By: ThatChap Re: bike test - 8th May 2012 5:42pm
You really need to talk mto one of the training centres, couple been mentioned. First obvious question, how old will he, has he already got his license with provisional bike entitlement?

Its not s simple question, indeed, there is not A test... There is CBT (which is training, not a test), a theory test, a mod 1 practical, and a mod 2 practical. Confusing eh?

For further info have look under http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/index.htm
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: bike test - 8th May 2012 5:43pm
He just needs a cbt for a 125. Marriotts oxton road do them.
Posted By: Norton Re: bike test - 8th May 2012 5:47pm
There is a list of criteria for bikes that can be used to take the test, not just being 125cc. In fact, I've heard that it would be impossible to pass your test on some bikes, even if you were the instructor, due to turning circle and ground clearance.
It's best to learn and take your CBT test and the actual bike test on the schools bike. But he can get plenty of practice on his own bike while still on L plates, before the bike test propper.

Good luck, and drive safely.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: bike test - 8th May 2012 6:13pm
its £100 to do the test,my brother in law did his 2 weeks ago,good thing is you cannot fail.
Posted By: alann Re: bike test - 9th May 2012 12:14am
Just in case you don't know he will need to take his CBT before he can ride legally on the road on his own bike..
Posted By: madbaker Re: bike test - 9th May 2012 2:37am
the apprilla shop on withens lane 3 off my kids have done there test with them and they all past and they use there bikes its a whole day very good company and even gave them discount on helmets and jackets
Posted By: AX_125 Re: bike test - 9th May 2012 6:29am
Don't expect much change from 500 quid for lessons and tests from not knowing how to ride to take you riding a big bike
Posted By: madbaker Re: bike test - 9th May 2012 5:11pm
lol only 110 mate then ride up to a 125 cc
Posted By: dave_g Re: bike test - 9th May 2012 9:56pm
cbt=£80-100
restricted (33bhp) £400-£500
direct access (any bike) £500-£600

bike license laws are changing again soon!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral