Forums
Posted By: evo1986 Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 7:50pm
I was reading some were that a vr6 golf engine would go in a 1997 polo is ths possible ??
Posted By: madrob Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:02pm
yes i believe this id true with few modifications to the engine bay great idea power to weight very quick
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:11pm
Hmmmmmmm brain is ticking as I have just got my hands on a polo and was thinking a g40 engine but this has been done a few
Times before so I think a vr6 engine would be unique and fast
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:13pm
Any conversion is possible with a little time and effort, I was looking at a Mk1 fiesta with a V6 cosworth engine & rear wheel drive the other day on eBay. That would be great fun but it needs a shortened propshaft.
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:18pm
Now that would be fun , worlds fast go-kart comes to mind , I am not really good with mods my self so would need some one with a bit of experience an know how , do u know eny garages that take conversion work on ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:25pm
I don't know of any, what I'd do is search google to see if anyone else has done it and if there's a step by step guide.
I know there's special engine mounts available on eBay for putting a C20LET (2.0 twin cam 16v turbo) in a corsa, maybe there's some things for polos?
Was the G40 supercharged?
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:32pm
Yer the g40 is supercharged , I am sure I have seen engine mounts some were for the polo carnt remember were tho but will have another look , I think if it is possible to do it would be a very quick car
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:33pm
The g40 engine is 1.3 supercharged
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:38pm
yeah man, it would be well quick, worth doing, the VR6 is quick and its a heavier car.
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 8:44pm
Cheers for the input will be looking in to it abit more
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 9:19pm
Originally Posted by evo1986
Now that would be fun , worlds fast go-kart comes to mind , I am not really good with mods my self so would need some one with a bit of experience an know how , do u know eny garages that take conversion work on ?

i know someone who would be able to do it for you but chances are it wont be cheap to do wink

shame they are heavy for a small car, bike engines are an easy conversion. mind you, you could go for twin bike engine smile
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 19th Mar 2011 9:27pm
Yer eny help would be great , I have seen a conversion done and it looks like a lot if work with welding ect so I know it wont be cheap but just to get a price and have an idea on how much would be a start
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 10:32am
Unfortunatly I think its one of those jobs where you have to write a blank cheque.

If its not a common conversion, then who knows what complications can arise. IMO if your on a budget, its a DIY project to keep costs down frown
Posted By: hoseman Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 10:34am
Ive seen a V6 in a Mini and a V8 in a Morris Minor!!! A famous one from the seventies was grafting the body from a Capri onto the floorpan of a Mustang!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 10:35am
Originally Posted by evo1986
I was reading some were that a vr6 golf engine would go in a 1997 polo is ths possible ??

There is a polish guy who put 2 in his lupo eek

here you go : http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2970226
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 11:03am
It'd be severely nose heavy. a better option may be a 1.8t
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 11:06am
True, isnt the VR6 motor a cast block and the 1.8t Alloy?

If thats the case a Polo is going to need some seriously stiff front springs, and will probably still handle like a dog frown
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 11:16am
withthat
oh and make sure you upgrade your brakes too!!
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Vr6 engine in a polo ? - 20th Mar 2011 1:21pm
Yer I was lookin at a conversion an the fella who had done it with a vr6 engine had to chop away all the front end then weld an rebuild it all but it looked like he done an ace job tho I wouldnt know were to start with all that but I know it would be expensive but that wouldn't be a problem as long as it was done to a good standard
© Wirral-Wikiwirral