Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 22nd Aug 2009 12:30pm
As it's a sunny day today, thought I'd go somewhere on the bike, but can't think of anywhere decent to go.

I've had a quick search and the B4391 near Bala comes up quite often but it's just a bit too late in the say to head out there.

Anyone know of any good biking roads in the North West?

Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 22nd Aug 2009 3:00pm
the a5 past bethesda to betyscoed....
Posted By: Wench Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 22nd Aug 2009 3:10pm
The road that runs from Ingleton to Hawes, just past Lancaster. Cracking road!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 23rd Aug 2009 7:22pm
Originally Posted by Beemertastic

A few people have said the A5 thumbsup

Originally Posted by Wench

Looks like the B6255? Does look like a cracking road yes
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 23rd Aug 2009 7:35pm
Buttertubs pass?

Clarkson raves about that one wink

Theres also that weird triangle layout in north wales that all the car mags use
Posted By: Wench Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 23rd Aug 2009 9:09pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Originally Posted by Beemertastic

A few people have said the A5 thumbsup

Originally Posted by Wench

Looks like the B6255? Does look like a cracking road yes

I used to help run the Old Hill Inn on that road so I'm biased but we used to get some cracking speeds up that road. Just be careful you don't lose Sausage though as it's a VERY undulating road. I've bounced on it once or twice and it's really not pleasant!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 23rd Aug 2009 10:46pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Buttertubs pass?

Clarkson raves about that one wink

Theres also that weird triangle layout in north wales that all the car mags use

the triangle is quite large, i'll get the link from another site who drives it alot if interested.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 24th Aug 2009 8:50am
Originally Posted by MrPhil
the triangle is quite large, i'll get the link from another site who drives it alot if interested.

yes
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 24th Aug 2009 10:41am
There is a nice road from Mold - Denbigh then over the Denbigh Moors. Also the horseshoe pass to Llangollen and if you are up for a drive there is the Cat& Fiddle near Buxton.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 26th Aug 2009 5:00pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
There is a nice road from Mold - Denbigh then over the Denbigh Moors. Also the horseshoe pass to Llangollen and if you are up for a drive there is the Cat& Fiddle near Buxton.

All good roads.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 1st Sep 2009 12:52am
joooooooooooooooooooooooooe

http://www.motorcycleroadsonline.com/
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Best Biking Roads in the NorthWest? - 1st Sep 2009 9:12am
Cheers Wheels, found that site before.

Went down the Horseshoe pass yesterday and wasn't very impressed by it tbh.

Nice views, yes, but sheep in the middle of the road and getting stuck behind slow ass cars with no overtaking markings on the road and then getting stuck in traffic (ok, you can overtake now and again on the other side of the road) just not my idea of a good biking road no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral