Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 What car? Suggestions please - 15th Nov 2008 11:46pm
Hey all, I'm after a new daily driver, something of a change from my slow, laid back lifestyle of recent years. I loved my old 1996 EJ2 civic coupe and something like that again would be awesome, but I'm open to suggestions.

It has to be:
Exhilarating when you want it to be
Capable of over 100mph with considerable ease
Economical (We're all feeling the crunch - 35+mpg please)
Not a tampon (i.e not every c***'s got one)
Good looking
100% reliable
Can be bought for a grand or less

Just basically looking for something that's fun to drive that I can trust, and as I've been out of the sportscar scene for a while now my brain has gone to mush for ideas.

Someone help me out here joyride
Posted By: MattLFC Re: What car? Suggestions please - 15th Nov 2008 11:55pm
100% reliable? Well you know to be aiming for that, where you will be heading towards again... the big H!

laugh
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: What car? Suggestions please - 15th Nov 2008 11:59pm
Lol, what happened to your coupe matt? Maybe I will just look for another, it's by far the most fun car to drive I've owned yet..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: What car? Suggestions please - 16th Nov 2008 12:03am
You gerrin confused, I aint ad a coupe lol. Ad a 306 for me last car. Driving a Rover 420 now though. Debating on a ZS or a 220 Coupe in the next year though!

Honda all the way in so many respects imho. And unlike the modern day day Civic, the coupes aint a car you see on every corner!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: What car? Suggestions please - 16th Nov 2008 12:03am
my mr2 mk1 is 100% reliable which is why i`m keeping it.

i was gonna suggest a T4 or T5 but your one of those that winge about petrol prices so they are a no go think

how many doors do you prefer man?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: What car? Suggestions please - 16th Nov 2008 12:04am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
my mr2 mk1 is 100% reliable which is why i`m keeping it.

Ah come on Totes, that is a bit of an understatement!!!! 4 years ffs! tease
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: What car? Suggestions please - 16th Nov 2008 12:11am
lmao! yeah sorry matt I must be getting you mixed with someone else! Whatever car I get it's gotta be able to fit 2 people and 2 surfboards inside. My old civic did it, just.

Just found this on the trader for £750, no elecy windows though and 62 miles away:
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=811277115
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: What car? Suggestions please - 16th Nov 2008 12:16am
its being treated to a new engine soon matty laugh (when i can be assed fitting it, lol)

do like the civic coupes though but if your after a change with a bit of poke, get an accord coupe...

[Linked Image]

you may go thru a few driveshaft here n there depending on how you drive but what a car for little money it is, well worth more.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: What car? Suggestions please - 16th Nov 2008 12:35am
i think ste just hit it on the head, great looking car, has the poke when u need it and v reliable tease

nice example btw ste wink

ps: u not on about civic sean? pretty sure he had a coupe lol
Posted By: AX_125 Re: What car? Suggestions please - 17th Nov 2008 8:47am
What about a lude?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral