Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 10:39pm
[youtube]zZvcQ27aWmw[/youtube]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 10:44pm
Im pretty sure he could have got all the power without fookin wreckin a limited edition car... wtf is with the gearstick anyway??

Good idea with loads of power, but an absolute muppet for wrecking such a great car, looks cheap and tacky.

frown
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 10:48pm
ha ha i suppose i think its a lovely little motor
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 10:50pm
Its Clio V6 235... no need for all the tacky shite stickers and multi colour button's et al... the car in itself is a statement.

The prestige of the car has been taken away from it frown
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:00pm
here matty heres a car for ya lol lol

Attached picture clio.JPG
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:01pm
Well matty, i think it rocks, and i want it.

I don't car that the catch fire easy, the sound is just amazing.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:04pm
matt by the looks of it you are the one chatting shite, you can clearly see their is some money spent on this car, ok stickers can be taken off but if the owner had done all the work to this car it can be a pretty good advertisment.

gearbox a sequential? if so theirs atleast 5k, as is the 1.5k brakes, custom supercharger 5k?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:07pm
[Linked Image]

yes please
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:15pm
Originally Posted by Philw
matt by the looks of it you are the one chatting shite, you can clearly see their is some money spent on this car, ok stickers can be taken off but if the owner had done all the work to this car it can be a pretty good advertisment.

gearbox a sequential? if so theirs atleast 5k, as is the 1.5k brakes, custom supercharger 5k?

Okay so "your" the type of guy who buys a £27,000 limited edition legendary hot hatch, spends tons on the engine and performance (which imho is fair enough), and then completely loses the prestige of the car by stickering it up to high heaven etc...

Sorry, but covering a car in stickers always makes it look cheap and tacky, doing to such a beautiful car is just plain wrong!

The 235 especially is very rare, as it was replaced by the P2 255 not long after it's introduction, and due to lame sales figure's, Renault stopped making the car, people simply couldnt afford them/didnt want to pay £27,000 for them.

frown
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:22pm
Matty this is why people didn't buy them

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:24pm
[Linked Image]

not tasteful
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:28pm
Originally Posted by Cali_16v
[Linked Image]

not tasteful

Miles more tasteful than any Chavlalibra sorry Calibra wink
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:33pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by Philw

Okay so "your" the type of guy who buys a £27,000 limited edition legendary hot hatch, spends tons on the engine and performance (which imho is fair enough), and then completely loses the prestige of the car by stickering it up to high heaven etc...

Sorry, but covering a car in stickers always makes it look cheap and tacky, doing to such a beautiful car is just plain wrong!

The 235 especially is very rare, as it was replaced by the P2 255 not long after it's introduction, and due to lame sales figure's, Renault stopped making the car, people simply couldnt afford them/didnt want to pay £27,000 for them.

frown

since when is a clio beautiful raftl

who says the fella bought this brand new? could of been an Ex track car etc....

how long does it take to remove stickers...

is this cheap and tacky? http://www.nology.com/clio.html
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:36pm
Not as tacky no, because the stickers are very subtle, still a bit too many, but its for advertising.

Especially dont like the back one, but its advertising the website so its there for a reason.

It might only take 5 minutes to remove the stickers... which lets agree on it, you would if you have it unless ye a chav. But the fact that this guy loves having them on is stupid.

The power in the car must be immense, I love the mod's he has done performance wise, but just dont think the stickers do anything for the car other then look gay!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:44pm
sure it would look better without the stckers, but could you imagine the face of an M5 owner "sh!t this crappy clio is still on me boot at 150mph"

if i had the car the first thing would be to burn the lights and fit the late spec ones, rid it of stickers and also give it a wash.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 5th Feb 2008 11:49pm
I agree with you on the M5 score, although someone driving a Clio V6 is always gonna have masses of power behind them so it wont exactly be a sleeper lol.

I dunno about the lights, as much as I like the P2 lights, the P1 lights look somewhat less agressive, but more sleek imho... dont like them in the normal car's, but in the RSi upwards, think they look good. Plus the 235 is not seen as often as the 255.

smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:00am
is the 255 the face lift one?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:03am
Yeah smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:05am
well their is a 235 one just down the road from me, always dirty, shame like.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:09am
I think I know where you mean, round the corner from the swan pub is it?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:17am
yep
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:18am
Yer, always looks dirty, hardly ever see it move lol, would love to own it!!

smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:26am
smack

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:35am
doh withthat withstupid
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 12:40am

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Wheels
smack

[Linked Image]

Take it he didn't put it out then raftl
Posted By: placidmaster Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 5:08am
after seeing this masterpiece of engineering it makes me proud to be French!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: wow i want one of these - 6th Feb 2008 8:42am

[Linked Image]

No, people didnt buy them cos they didnt go round corners. The short wheel base, and mid engine ment they where very prone to "swapping ends" and very near impossible to catch when they did break away.

The Clio 172 Sports wherent that far off performance wise, where quicker when you put corners in the equasion, and where £1000's cheaper raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral