Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:08pm
Dont know if anyone else saw this, but I just couldnt leave teh house until I had seen the result....

1990 Vauxhall Lotus Carlton V New VXR8

Despite the Carlton being 18 years older than the new VXR, with brake / suspension / chassis technology being 18 years older also, it was respectably only 1.5 secs behind thumbsup

[youtube]HC1AUVvAYMY[/youtube]
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:15pm
So are all Vauxhalls Bad ????????????????????

Posted By: chiccy Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:18pm
errrrrr...... nope !! but i'm like you cali, i'm biased...(this is jonah btw)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:21pm
think

Well, the Carlton is more Lotus than Vauxhall, and the fact it is only 1.5 secs behind its modern day counterpart shows how little Vauxhalls have evolved. The VXR has modern brakes, suspension, chassis design, aerodynamics, not to mention more cc's and power.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:22pm
got to add the monaro.

If i ever move to Oz will have to get one of these ......

[Linked Image]

GM bring this over here.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:24pm
jonah said there are some for sale on ebay as we speak....oh and a holden commodore prototype too !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:26pm
You could fit a fair few sheep in the back of that baby smile

Originally Posted by Cali_16v
got to add the monaro.

If i ever move to Oz will have to get one of these ......

[Linked Image]

GM bring this over here.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 2:51pm
They got the 4 door monaro and only £9000.

Hummmm me thinks bye bye focus and calibra.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 7:09pm
Lotus Carlton every time for me...theres actually one by me here in preston...I see it everyday I leave my flat.....absolutely immense...you can really see the green/black paint work it magic..beautiful....
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 7:22pm
bloke across my road has a lotus carlton on his drive, dont think i've ever seen it move tho... also got a merc and mg zt lol
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 7:27pm
SEX-WEE

[Linked Image]
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 7:28pm
id have the carlton before the vxr its a beauty
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 7:30pm
Or it's cheaper brother

[Linked Image]

the carlton GSI is a 3000cc engine, which i assume is the same engine they gave to lotus to up it to 3600cc to then bolt 2 turbos onto to create the Lotus Carlton.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 5th Feb 2008 10:55pm
Originally Posted by Cali_16v
Or it's cheaper brother

[Linked Image]

the carlton GSI is a 3000cc engine, which i assume is the same engine they gave to lotus to up it to 3600cc to then bolt 2 turbos onto to create the Lotus Carlton.

2 garret T25's bolted on, the engine is a enlarged gsi engine, Corvette gearbox, 377bhp iirc. Next door neighbour had one in the 90's a year after they had come out, he chopped his Rs500 for one lucky get was only 23 at the time doh

The paintwork is Beautiful tho, as is the wheels.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Fifth Gear - VXR8 v Lotus Carlton! - 9th Feb 2008 10:15pm
The Carlton is more GM than Vauxhall. It has a Corvette gearbox, and tuned Vauxhall engine with new pistons, rods and crankshaft and two turbochargers. The rest was pretty standard upgraded fare.
The VXR8 is more australian muscle car than Vauxhall though. It has an american engine, a similar gearbox and a 15 year old chassis.

The Carlton was a one off really, I'd never put it in the same league as a VXR8, it's much much better.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral