Forums
Posted By: CTRJayne Review: Cruise West Cumbria - 15th May 2005 3:04pm
First we would like apologise for the delay in thanking everyone for coming to CWC11. We have recently changed forums so sorting this out has taken up most of our time.

Thank you to everyone who came to CWC11, the Cruise Babes for their help, the burger van for turning up at such sort notice and the Cruise Wombles who helped to pick up the litter at the end of the night.

I would like to say a big thank you to the Cumbrian Constabulary, as the day of the Cruise I received a phone call from them to say they'd had a complaint from Morrison’s about the Cruise, (before it even started) and were asked if they could put a stop to it. I am pleased to say they refused saying it was a public car park and they couldn’t stop us from having access to it, they also understand the chaos that a few hundred cars would cause in a small holiday town like Kendal with no where to park. Morrison’s seem to have a problem with people who have an interest in cars which is strange after all the support I am sure they receive from us as general shoppers, unless they stop being so prejudice against us I think I’ll be sticking with Tescos. The night went well with people from as far as 3 hours away, joining and organising convoys to give us their support. The overall report from the Police, which was passed on to the security at Morrisions, was that the night had gone smoothly as expected, they were impressed with the behaviour of the Cruisers, told them their was no damage and the litter was cleared up at the end of the night. With our fingers crossed we hope will be back there for a future cruise. Thanks everyone and we hope you will join us again soon
CWC11\'s reports and pictures (click me)
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Cruise West Cumbria - 16th May 2005 12:34am
Cruisewirral are allways pleased to make an appearance to these events.

Maybe next time we can run an official convoy up your way :cheers:
Posted By: spinking Re: Review: Cruise West Cumbria - 16th May 2005 12:43am
Never went but its so nice to see a good report like this makes having a modded car all the better my mate is a PC and says that when we behave they will back us up seems that this is one of those nights that they are true to there word.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral