Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 1:55pm
Spaceport Car Park
Seacombe
4-7pm

Win a day as a firefighter
Music
Dancing
Respect Bus
Chip pan fire display
Police Horses
Usar dogs
Free bbq
Sit on fire engine
Car.rescue display

and much more

Short notice, just been down carpark to nose whats going on (they're setting up).

There is a great deal of irony in the fact that they are setting up a community awareness event and you had no idea that it was happening lol
Seriuosly, I hope it is well attended and supported.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 3:42pm
The fireman said they had posted leaflets in the area. No leaflets posted here!!!

There are 6 agencies involved, fire, police, childrens centre, wph, wbc and involve so yes its a poor show re. publicity.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 5:44pm
Well i enjoyed that! Impressive turn out, too.
Excellant demonstration of R.T.C. The firepersons cut off all doors, windscreen and rear window, finally the roof, with a running commentary.
Chip pan fire demo was also good.
Lots of freebies-bike chain, bag alarm,keysafe, uv pen etc and road safety books for my nephews.
Also, had a free burgur and perving at firemen is always a bonus!! lol laugh
Brilliant! Is it going anywhere else do you know?

Posted By: missmahjong Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 8:03pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Excellant demonstration of R.T.C. The firepersons cut off all doors, windscreen and rear window, finally the roof, with a running commentary.
Lots of freebies-bike chain, bag alarm,keysafe, uv pen etc and road safety books for my nephews.
The girl done good!!!!
Originally Posted by missmahjong
The girl done good!!!!

She must have had a good teacher wink
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 9:38pm
I asked a fireman how heavy the 'cutter' and the 'other tool that seperates metals'-sorry, don't know what its called, are.

He said 120kg. Surely not omg ? Can anybody clarify? Surely, he meant 120lb?? which is obviously heavy too

Must be confusing to chat to adults and kids in weight measurements, as obvs both are conpletley differant.

(I'm at the age where I was taught Stones and Pounds at primary school and then Kilos and Grams in secondary school. No wonder it took me 3 times to gain a decent GCSE Grade) !!

Anyhow, i digress! lol *sorry*
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 10:06pm
I was there too, Thought the guy getting cut out of the car was very surreal.Makes me think how much I value and respect our emergency services(RNLI included)as they never know what they are facing until they get to the scene.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 30th Oct 2012 11:22pm
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
Makes me think how much I value and respect our emergency services (RNLI included) as they never know what they are facing until they get to the scene.

withthat

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 31st Oct 2012 2:42am
Was fsntastic. I wrote my comment on their f.b page.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 31st Oct 2012 7:30am
I asked a fireman how heavy the 'cutter' and the 'other tool that seperates metals'-sorry, don't know what its called, are.

I think they're called 'the jaws of life'.
Posted By: SteveZodiac Re: Free Community Awareness Event.Tonight. - 31st Oct 2012 10:22pm
"Jaws of life" is a particular make, but the term has become synonymous with those tools, like nearly all vacuum cleaners being called Hoovers. Tools are made in this case by Clan Lukas and are, depending upon which ones you saw, are called Spreaders,great for ripping car doors open, dedicated cutters for cutting through roof posts, or possibly a lower capacity combination of both called a Combi Tool. Either way, they are all massively powerful.
I need to get out more!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral