Forums
Posted By: Jenny_S Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 8th Apr 2010 1:26pm
Hey am looking for any localish festivals that might book an unsigned band (Savage Outlaw).

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks x x x
Posted By: lansyp Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 8th Apr 2010 2:18pm
try the victoria park show and the thors rock concert may be worth a try
Posted By: Nigel Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 9th Apr 2010 1:53pm
Maybe the anual food and drink festival at Claremont farm, Clatterbridge Wirral maybe interested?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 9th Apr 2010 8:48pm
All depends on;
  • What sort of music do you play?
  • Are you a covers band or do you play original material?
  • Are you looking to be payed or are you just wanting to play some gigs and spread your name a bit to grow your fanbase (once you have a fanbase, you dont have to go looking for gigs, they come looking for you and thats when you make some money)
Posted By: Wench Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 9th Apr 2010 10:41pm
Jenny - ask Mark or Stu to have a word with Ian (Insanity Beach) to see if they can get a slot on the Blind Society gig. Worth a shot wink
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 9th Apr 2010 11:00pm

Waddi -->

Its like 80's metal but much more modern...erm sort of like Black Stone Cherry come Nickleback with something else in there.

The band has a range of covers and about 30 mins of their own material.

Bit of both really they wanna get their name about and grow their fan base, but obviously anything paid has the bonus of being able to travel further afield.

Thanks guys al try some of your ideas. Does anyone know who is booking for the Tranmere Show (Victoria park). I phoned up Involve who run it and they didn't seem to have a clue who I should talk to..

Thanks x x x
Posted By: Wench Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 10th Apr 2010 8:52am
Try Ian again for the Tranmere Show Jenny raftl The lads should have his number, if not, pm me and I'll give you it.

The other option is to try the local Bike Clubs. VSOC have rallies at Clatterbridge, as do a few other Bike Clubs. Any of the lads in the Swinging Arm will be able to point you in the right direction. Also, ask Chunky as he does a lot of festivals etc with his company (I'm with the band) and he may have some contacts for you.

HTH

Jac
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 29th Apr 2010 3:05pm
tar guys this was really helpful x
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 11th May 2010 8:31pm
WENCH --> just to let you know the guys got in contact with Ian (Insanity Beach) and have a gig at the Blind Society this year.

Also checked out the biker rallies. They have a gig at Tales of Sin rally in Wrexham this friday.

Thanks guys,

Any more suggestions would be appreciated

xxx
Posted By: Wench Re: Local (ish) Festivals ( with music) - 11th May 2010 8:35pm
You're welcome Jenny. They're good lads, got a lot of time for them. Any more help you need, just holler chick wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral