Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Alfa Owners Meet !! - 21st Feb 2009 9:58pm
Hi Peeps, been a bit busy past 2 days helping setup stages and marshall on the Blackpool Stages Rally...

anyhoo...

Tomorrow, there is a record breaking Alfa Romeo Owners Meet taking place on Merseyside. At approximately 9.45, the Queensway tunnel will be closed for 15 minutes, as a mass record breaking photo shoot and convoy through the tunnel takes place. The area will be flooded with the sound of
V6s, Twin Sparks, Boxers reverbrating from the tunnel walls.

I will be driving down to take part, not for the photo shoot as my car is filthy and havent had a chance to clean... but after the photo shoot, the group will move to New Brighton and Vale Park, before driving back over to Liverpool for lunch at the Albert Dock, and a visit to the Maritime Museum.

If youre doing nothing, and bored on a sunday, pop on down to New Brighton, and be greeted with the sight of lots of stunningly beautful cars happy happy
Posted By: dave_g Re: Alfa Owners Meet !! - 21st Feb 2009 11:56pm
might be worth a look this,what time are the cars @ new brighton?
Posted By: Pomp Re: Alfa Owners Meet !! - 22nd Feb 2009 12:05am
From what i got told 10.50am but it depends
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Alfa Owners Meet !! - 22nd Feb 2009 7:41am
Theres 2 conflicting stories on the site at the minute. The original plan was to go to New Brighton, then Vale Park, then back over to Liverpool for lunch.

But the new one is that well be going to Vale park for lunch, then the prom, and back over to Liverpool.

Ill text Pomp when I get more info, but Im hoping it should be round 11ish.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Alfa Owners Meet !! - 22nd Feb 2009 12:10pm
Any pictures?

Only just read this frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Alfa Owners Meet !! - 22nd Feb 2009 12:17pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Hi Peeps, been a bit busy past 2 days helping setup stages and marshall on the Blackpool Stages Rally...

You where doing the Prom at the NW Stages?

..THE PROM?!?!?!

Wallasey where running the Lytham Hall stage (I was doing the start control) - why wherent you there as a WMC member tease
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Alfa Owners Meet !! - 22nd Feb 2009 7:28pm
I was indeed. My Wallasey membership has expired, and I was asked to help out...so I gave in. Very tired becuase of it though.

The Meet went off without a hitch.. and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Well, except me.

I broke down just outside Jct 22 on the M6..and have spent all day moping back at home frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral