Forums
Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral 16.08.08

9pm - 4am £62.00 per person

With Ian Lawman

Leasowe Lighthouse stands on Leasowe Common and is a well known landmark on Wirral. It is built of brick, several feet thick and is solid at the base, tapering as it goes up to a height of one hundred and one feet. There are seven floors which can be reached by a cast iron staircase of one hundred and thirty steps

Leasowe Lighthouse was built in 1763 by Liverpool Corporation Dock Committee. It is the oldest brick built lighthouse in Britain. The last keeper of the lighthouse was a woman. Mr. and Mrs. Williams were formerly keepers of the Great Orme Lighthouse in Llandudno and they transferred to Leasowe. Shortly after moving Mr. Williams was taken ill and it was during his illness that his wife took over the duties. She performed them so well that on his death, which was twelve months later, the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board made her keeper. In 1929 it was offered for sale but no one wanted to buy it until March 1930 when the Wallasey Corporation bought it for a sum of £900. After the death of Mrs. Williams in 1935 the lighthouse was closed to the public and put to no further use. In 1973 it was painted white but nothing more was done until 1989 when the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral carried out refurbishment work to stop the building deteriorating any further.

There have been many reports of strange occupancies within the lighthouse. Footsteps have been heard on the stairs, a ladies voice have been heard in the dead of night and objects are often moved...could this be Mrs Williams returning to visit her lighthouse? Join us and find out!

Event Includes

Overnight access, cold supper buffet, tea and coffee served throughout the night, demonstration and use of paranormal equipment, ghost walk with Ian Lawman, workshop with Ian Lawman, experienced paranormal investigators, late night vigils and paranormal experiments and post event discussions.

Im going so get yourself there !!

regards
Dr Frick

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 6th Aug 2008 11:37pm
can we take video equipment?
sounds interestin see wot im doin if im free i will pop along to this i hope doh
Originally Posted by Totopop
can we take video equipment?

No idea, i presume so !
i'd go go but i'm downunder frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 12:07am
shit, you got the funnelwebs?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 12:40am
i wanted to do this i forgot about it smack
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 12:47am
Theres still time fella wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 12:50am
there is too shh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 12:57am
So you gonna go on this?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 1:00am
dont no would like to av to look on there web a think are you
I reckon it would be interesting sir yes )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral Ghost Hunt 16.08,08 - 9th Aug 2008 1:05am
lmfao av you had a drink sir toto shh shh
nahhh, pissed off me nets not working, also in work tomorrow, lol frown
Sorry guys, a friend of mine rang up to see about going on this, and was told it has been cancelled due to lack of interest!! Obv didn't read your comments! Think it is being reorganised tho - hope so!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral