Forums
Posted By: MattLFC 20.10.07: Cream 15th Birthday ARMIN VAN BUUREN!! - 25th Sep 2007 6:47pm
Cream will be back in Liverpool on October 20th 2007 for their 15th birthday, and they will be returning in style with the man who brings you the most popular weekly trance radio program in the world, listened to by millions of trancers every week, "A State Of Trance" and current reigning world number 2 DJ, Armin Van Buuren with them!!

I am well going to this, wanted to see this guy live for years, gonna be a hell of a night. Anyone else up for going??

Here is the official lineup and details (and its one hell of a lineup):

- Armin Van Buuren
- Marco V
- Pete Tong
- David Guetta
- Gareth Wyn
- James Barton
- Mike Pickering
- K-Klass
- Taylor Leigh
- Graeme Park
- Adam Sheridan
- Anthony Probyn
- Andy Mac

The event will be as always, at the home of Cream, Nation in Liverpool City Centre, and will probably be live on Radio 1.

The night will feature the latest trance, alongside classic cream anthems from over the years and some good old house music.

The night begins at 10pm and finishes at 6am.

Tickets are priced at £25.00 per person (+ booking fee) and are available right now from Ticketmaster

bowdown yipee aliendance bananadance aliendance yipee bowdown

Description: Armin Van Burren
Attached picture 9a71ef21ee.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 20.10.07: Cream 15th Birthday ARMIN VAN BUUREN!! - 26th Sep 2007 12:12am
Pisstakes! Last year they said it was quote...

the last ever!

what are they playing at?
thats missleading the public in my opinion! frown

sounds good anyway smile
Lol when did they say that??

Cream always have 4 annual events at "home" (the Cream owned "Nation" nightclub in Liverpool) since the closure of the weekly events.

Usually the first one is at easter, then a Cream Ibiza warmup party (it depends when easter falls though, sometimes they have an early year party instead if easter falls late), then the birthday party around the middle of October and then finally the Boxing Night party (although this has been substitued on more then one occasion for NYE parties instead, but its hard to get massive names to play in Liverpool on NYE because Nation can only hold 3,000 people and probably doesnt generate enough revenue compared to some of the bigger "super clubs", especially as the trance scene in the UK is at an all time low atm).

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 20.10.07: Cream 15th Birthday ARMIN VAN BUUREN!! - 26th Sep 2007 12:21am
it was sometime around summer last year over 96.7 if i remember correctly, they must of meant the last ever one for 2006, lol, my mistake frown
Looool probably Radio City getting it wrong. I dont think they were happy with the radio city and Juice coverage that has been on the last couple of years, it looks like they went to Radio 1 for this one.

MTV Dance will probably be filming it again. They did last year, although Tiesto has a much bigger audience draw then Armin, even though atm Armin is probably the bigger of the two within the trance world (Tiesto is by far the greatest ever DJ however and known all over the dance world though so its understandable).

Last year was of course Tiesto's first performance at Cream (as in Cream @ Nation, he is an annual fixture at Cream @ Amnesia in Ibiza of course) for over 4 years, dunno whether they were thinking maybe that was his last performance lol.
scrolling up to see who made this topic i saw the picture of Armin Van Burren. i just knew it was a matty topic before i got to the top of this page from that picture alone.
Lol how you guess?
i really have no idea. i just saw it and thought of you.. strange as you are not a top DJ lol.
Lmao you mad head raftl
Matty.....AVB IS Schweet Live.....couldn't believe it when i did.....youll f*****g love it man...honestly

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I Love that first pic
Yeah cant wait to go, will deffo be going to this, been wanting to see him spin the decks for so long, I was hoping it would be him at this one, but wasnt expecting it to be lol.

Thought it would probably be Ferry to be honest, made up its Armin though even though Ferry is my fave I seen him twice already lol.

smile
Anyone going to this? Me and Scott will be.

smile
Nah, not by the looks of it

The likelyhood of me getting the night off work is very slim
Gutted for ye fella, pull a sickey!!

Chances of Armin coming back to Liverpool in the next 4 years is probably rather slim hehe.

Its gone pete tong lol!
Ordering me tickets for this tonight, went into GB Tours in Birkenhead (an official Ticketmaster outlet) before to get them and they messed up big time, didnt have a clue what they were doing and wasted 30 minutes of my precious time (it was actually precious today, ill explain why later on lol), wouldnt recommend using them, go direct to Ticketmaster instead imho.
Lol trance makes the world go round (well the world outside of the UK, although its gradually becoming more popular again in the UK nowadays, although whether it will ever reach the peak like during the late 90's and early 2000's is debateable, peoples preferences in dance music in the UK change too quickly lol).

bananadance
Wow! That was amazing! laugh laugh laugh

Armin was out of this world, Marco V was awsome, but when Armin came on he really got the crowd pumping like I aint seen the courtyard before, I rekon 2000+ people must have crammed into there, it was insane lol, the poor other DJ's in the mainroom and annexe must have been well peeved with everyone fookin off to the courtyard lol.

Got some photos will get ahold of them later or tomoz cos I got em on Scott's phone.

And Armin was confirmed last night to be back once again at the Cream Boxing Day event, 26th December, anyone wanting to go see him I HIGHLY recommend it!!

thumbsup

Am fellin worse for wear now and my hours are still feckin ringin intensely I forgot how loud Cream is lol, next time ill wear some funky ear muffs haha grin
Cream was well amazin from wot i can remember lol was a brilliant night well recomend goin again
Here is some of the better photos from the night - unfortunatly Scott hadnt fully charged his K800 and the battery was dying from the start (his N73 was dead before I could even get a seconds video oh what a plonker, thank god the K800 battery is a beast even when there's less then 30% left).

Think I got about 50 photos in all before the battery died, some with the flash, some without. Ive picked the better photo's to put up, as a lot are just photos of girls and im sure no1 is interested in seein that I cant remember who half of em even were lol!

All the photo's were taken in 3.2mp, obviously i resized em etc, dont think they come out too bad considering I cant remember taking most of em haha I dont remember much till Armin came on lol.

Description: Me in the courtyard after it had just been opened. The girl DJ, dunno her name but she was good!
Attached picture DSC00002.jpg

Description: Scott in the courtyard... er yeah, nice shirt lol.
Attached picture DSC00003.jpg
Attached picture DSC00006.jpg
Attached picture DSC00009.jpg

Description: The Courtyard stage!
Attached picture DSC00011.jpg
more...

Description: Adam Sheridan on the decks
Attached picture DSC00029.jpg

Description: Gareth Wyn - this guy was phenominal!
Attached picture DSC00030.jpg
Attached picture DSC00033.jpg

Description: Cream
Attached picture DSC00035.jpg

Description: Random photo lol
Attached picture DSC00036.jpg
more

Description: Hmmmm shit quality photo, but that is actually Marco V... awsome mixing, but choice of tunes let the set down, got the crowd going though.
Attached picture DSC00040.jpg

Description: Arminnnnn
Attached picture DSC00041.jpg

Description: Arminnnnnnnnnnnnn
Attached picture DSC00042.jpg

Description: Arminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Attached picture DSC00043.jpg
Armin.....every time.....one of the greatest acts ive ever seen......Saw Marco V few weeks ago at GoodGreef Preston.. i agree ...he is very good at mixing...but sometimes his choice of songs can be a bit......spose the word is odd......looks and sounds amazin tho....shame i missed it
lol
ARMIN HAS LITERALLY JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED BY DJ MAG AS THE OFFICIAL 2007 WORLD NUMBER 1 DJ!!!

bananadance bowdown bowdown
Lol @ the random photo
lol yeah
Posted By: Mark Re: 20.10.07: Cream 15th Birthday ARMIN VAN BUUREN - 25th Oct 2007 11:47am
[Linked Image]
Are they your arms or someone behind you ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 20.10.07: Cream 15th Birthday ARMIN VAN BUUREN - 25th Oct 2007 12:52pm
haha mine grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 20.10.07: Cream 15th Birthday ARMIN VAN BUUREN - 12th Jan 2008 10:01am
Just noticed that Gareth Wyn's set from this night is available on his website, it was absolutely fantastic imho!

http://www.garethwyn.net/mixes.htm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral