Forums
Posted By: richiemuk Document Shredding - 23rd Apr 2012 12:10pm
Does anyone know anywhere that hires "Office" type document shredders. I have about 12 Bin Sacks of statements that need shredding and dont really want to buy a huge shredder that will hardly ever get used again after the task is done. I did wonder about burning them..but I dont think they would burn too well.
Anyone any ideas ?
Posted By: Norton Re: Document Shredding - 23rd Apr 2012 1:47pm
There are several companies that provide a mobile service to offices, some static ones, and some that do both.
I can't remember any names at present, so I guess it's a web search for you.
Personally, I like to see that my stuff is actually shredded in front of me. I'm not at ease with people carting it off and saying they are going to do it.
Over a period of time, a home shredder may well be cost effective, as their prices have dropped. Use a cross-cut one, not just strips, and try to be as narrow as possible.
Note that Wirral Council do not accept shredded paper for recycling, so it has to go in general waste, but can be used in a composter, and paper takes up far more space when shredded.

Perhaps we should all make paper-mache 'bricks' from our shredded paper, and put them in the grey bin, until they can appoint a contactor who can deal with shredded paper.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Document Shredding - 23rd Apr 2012 2:15pm
I have heard there is a place in Neston that does industrial shredding, but you take it to them. Can ask a friend contact info if suitable for what you want
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Document Shredding - 23rd Apr 2012 2:15pm
Shreddit are the ones we use.
Posted By: recycling Re: Document Shredding - 28th Apr 2012 1:28pm
Bagnall and Morris on Dock Road South in Bromborough have shredding trucks that come to you and shred your documents
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Document Shredding - 29th Apr 2012 3:06pm
i used to work for a firm called powershred, they where in Bromborough list time i heard, very good, used to do all the police shredding for them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral