Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 4:37pm
hi has anyone got a electic heater they want to sell or know anywere were there cheap
Posted By: bert1 Re: wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 4:48pm
Argos have got them from about £15 00, my mate got one the other day. Don't get a Halogen one, there crap.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 4:49pm
are they any good
Posted By: bert1 Re: wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 4:54pm
That i don't know, google argos.
Posted By: Tilly Re: wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 10:51pm
we have a halogen heater they ok imo. dont cost a lot in electric either.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 10:57pm
This maybe? we have one similar, works great, good heat output.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: wanted electric heater - 11th Jan 2010 11:56pm
My mum has those halogen things-they are soooo bright you end up bleaching your retinas if you sit in the same room as one.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wanted electric heater - 12th Jan 2010 12:21am
All electric heaters are the same, they all give off the same heat etc per wattage - electric is electric im afraid. They all give off the heat in different ways though, so some are suited to certain types of enviroments and needs, and others not so.

On MSE there is a lot of discussion about which solution is best, personally I prefer Halgoen heaters, but if you have GAS central heating, don't bother wasting your money with electric heaters.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: wanted electric heater - 12th Jan 2010 12:27am
electric heating (unless storage) is the most expensive form of heating there is. But if you wish to have heat at a small cost i SUGGEST YOU BUY AN OIL FILLED ONE. tHOSE LITTLE FAN ONES ARE AROUND 2-3KW and clock up the pennies on the old meter. An oil filled one will be rated at 500 - 1.5kw plus they hold their heat for longer and are way more efficient!
Posted By: bobi1 Re: wanted electric heater - 12th Jan 2010 2:21am
I agree with you Sanchez. I've got 3 of the oil filled rads, either 4 or 5 "fins". They are smashing at keeping a good even temperature, enough for a large room. The thermostat means you can keep any temp you like, I usually have to turn mine down after being on for an hour in my front room cos they kick out a hell of a lot of heat on full.
Posted By: Tilly Re: wanted electric heater - 12th Jan 2010 1:48pm
Originally Posted by bobi1
I agree with you Sanchez. I've got 3 of the oil filled rads, either 4 or 5 "fins". They are smashing at keeping a good even temperature, enough for a large room. The thermostat means you can keep any temp you like, I usually have to turn mine down after being on for an hour in my front room cos they kick out a hell of a lot of heat on full.

i might get one of these too.
we have central heating but it's not enough imo, it's still very cold in our house. still waiting for Landlord to fit double glazing too.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: wanted electric heater - 12th Jan 2010 3:32pm
Originally Posted by bobi1

WOW, this rarely happens raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral