Forums
Posted By: kenny2005 Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 5:32pm
We got a phone call today from an Indian sounding bloke claiming to be from Microsoft. Apparently our PC had a virus and bla bla bla....

I asked for his number, hung up and called him back...well I called a pet supplies company :-)(http://www.petlondon.net)

Watch yourselves folks!
Posted By: Finney Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 6:05pm
This happened to my parents about 12months ago. They had a phone call from an Indian speaking gentleman claiming they had a virus on there pc and his company could clear it free of charge by following his instructions over the phone and keying certain commands into there pc, this would have given them remote access to my parents computer giving them access to passwords and banking details, luckily I was there at the time of the call and spoke to the chap myself, told him pc had frozen and would have to reboot it and could he ring back in 30minutes. I asked for his name and company details, cant remember the company name given but his name was John Smith.....very original....During the 30minutes waiting for his call back I spoke to Merseyside Police computer fraud team and passed all the details to them to investigate, they where aware of the scam and followed it up. The scam company did call back after 30 minutes and I told them that I had spoken to the police and they hung up.......not called since
Posted By: tara9 Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 6:11pm
I get this call at least once a week !!!
Posted By: starakita Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 10:02pm
I had one of these calls the other week,the guy was standing on a busy street.I told him my computers havn't got any viruses & I was too busy to go round turning them all on
Posted By: Chopper1979 Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 10:08pm
same here - what gimps they think we all are.
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 10:26pm
we get these phone calls one time they called and my other half answered the phone they asked what windows have you got and he said very nice double glazed ones than you Indian person hung up
Posted By: Lightning Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 10:29pm
Originally Posted by kenny2005
We got a phone call today from an Indian sounding bloke claiming to be from Microsoft. Apparently our PC had a virus and bla bla bla....

I asked for his number, hung up and called him back...well I called a pet supplies company :-)(http://www.petlondon.net)

Watch yourselves folks!
i got this last week but it was a woman.Did he asked you to go and switch your pc on?????
Posted By: TheDr Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 7th Apr 2012 11:29pm
I quite like getting these calls, it's fun to mess with their heads laugh
Posted By: Salmon Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 8th Apr 2012 6:55am
I agree, it is so easy to draw them into a crazy conversation as they clearly do not have a clue what they are talking about and their script does not cover loaded questions.I actually told them several times that I had switched on at the wall and the screen was still blank (it wasn't) and he did not twig that I would still needed to switch the PC on. After about 10 minutes he agreed we were getting nowhere.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 8th Apr 2012 7:27am
As long as you don't do what I once did, to be fair it was about the forth Asian voice on the phone within half an hour, I thought I'd jump in quick and told him "There's fook all wrong with my computer, I've got double glazing, the lofts been insulated and I haven't got cavity walls" and he said "I'm very glad to hear it, will you tell Mrs Bert, the curtains are ready for pick up" smack
Posted By: Salmon Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 8th Apr 2012 8:47am
I love it.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 8th Apr 2012 9:43am
the question is, did u tell mrs bert of the telephone conversation or did u just let her go for the curtains? wink haha
Posted By: Glover Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 9th Apr 2012 1:23pm
Yes I got the same last week mind was an indian sounding women
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 9th Apr 2012 3:39pm
I get them all the time..

Last time it happened they said they were from a company called Windows and It appears that my Pc is infected..

I told them that I work in I.T. and my computer is fine thank you very much and they hung up..

What worries me is there is some people out there who would fall for this scam..

I'm lovin some of the comments on here though.. smile
Posted By: PaulH Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 9th Apr 2012 8:47pm
Personally getting a bit fed up of the interuption though. Does their numer show up on caller i.d. ? If i dial 1471 i get 0123456789....
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 11th Apr 2012 10:05am
Lol. Some leet call blocking going on there.

Shocking that people fall for this.
Posted By: David1981 Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 11th Apr 2012 4:09pm
I got a call from "Microsoft service and support headquarters" Caller said with an indian accent that my pc is infected and needs to be maintened.
I told them that I run a mac and don't need their help.
After the caller became impolite I hung up...
I googled the phone number and found it on http://www.tellows.co.uk
You only have to insert the phone number and they show you a score of it, comments and where they're calling from. The call seems to be 100% scam!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 13th May 2012 6:19pm
omg i was just about to post this it happened to me they rang me about 5 times i hung up in the end i thought i would wind him up and go along with it after about ten mins on my pc pretending to type all the tasks in he wanted me to i said do you think am stupid i havent typed anything in this is a scam then the indian guy said you mother f,,ker and called me lots of other things so i guess it wasent microsoft the scumbag
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Microsoft phone scam! - 13th May 2012 8:04pm
I got a call from " John Williams from the UK" telling me my pc was infected.The fella could hardly speak English, and put the put the phone down on me in the end because i kept asking him if that was really his name.I put it on loudspeaker so my family could hear, it was quite funny .Thats my tactic every time i get spam/cold calls now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral