Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Civies and mobile speed traps! - 24th Oct 2006 10:23am
Linky...
Posted By: Mark Re: Civies and mobile speed traps! - 24th Oct 2006 4:35pm
Lets hope they win smile

Only because they make so much money out of
speed camera's anyway.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Civies and mobile speed traps! - 24th Oct 2006 4:58pm
I dont particuarly see what the problem with localised speed traps is... If you are not breaking the law, then you have nothing to worry about.

Cba with motorway speed traps though!

smile
Posted By: Gary Re: Civies and mobile speed traps! - 24th Oct 2006 7:54pm
so matty you always drive within the speed linits do you? in accident hotspots your right, speed traps should be used.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Civies and mobile speed traps! - 24th Oct 2006 8:03pm
As much as I can, yes, its very rare I speed in residential area's. Yer of course I do sometimes, but if I get caught, I have to take the punishment, and when I am speeding, I accept that fact. The same way I accept all parking fines I have had, because I have always been in the wrong when I have recieved them.

Ill admit I do speed a lot more when on motorways or spacious A-Roads like the A49... in fact come to think about it, when I am on these I tend to drive around the 60Mph limit because its a lot more economical then driving at the 70 - 75Mph limit.

At the end of the day, if you speed and get caught doing it, you shouldnt complain. I dont agree with fines, it is a kind of stealth tax.

But I do agree that speeding enforcements can help, as I have had at least two occasions that I can remember off my head where I have been keeping a nice steady 30Mph and kids have come out in front of me and I have been able to brake in time. Now if I had been doing 35 - 40Mph, which seems acceptable to most people, I would have almost certainly not been able to stop in time!

So I take things like this as a warning as to what can happen...

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral