Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,371
Posts1,033,343
Members14,588
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (2 invisible), 7,513 guests, and 446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd, jamiemc75, Bunny
14,588 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
casper 4
lincle 4
granny 3
Topic Replies
garage wanted
by diggingdeeper - 4th May 2024 2:01pm
Looking for an old engine
by diggingdeeper - 3rd May 2024 2:36pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 3rd May 2024 12:55pm
What song are you listening to?
by GaryFromWirral - 3rd May 2024 5:36am
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
Hi to everyone
by casper - 30th Apr 2024 6:59pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
leather sofa set
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 4:47pm
May
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Adtendite a falsis prophetis

...who is the false Prophetess to whom you refer ? Does the same apply to Lourdes, Fatima and Garabandal ?

I am not Roman Catholic, but I do respect that others are and their beliefs should be acknowledged. With regard to miracles in Medjugorje, many whom have witnessed, are from different religions.

Anyway,if these messages are true , some of you at least will witness such phenomena in your lifetime . Many have already experienced phenomena which scientists (bless them all) are unable to explain. Two of the Seers have to give so many days notice to reveal some of the secrets they have received, and so they will be alive at the time. One is mid 60's now and another 50 yrs of age. We will wait and see, but maybe we should start by giving more thought to our creator.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by granny
I you don't like it...please don't read it!

Medjugorje Messages

Right now, there are thousands of young people in Medjugorje for the annual Youth Fest!

Our Lady appeared to Mirjana Soldo today, August 2nd, 2015, and delivered the following message:

"Dear children, I, as a mother who loves her children, see how difficult the time in which you live is. I see your suffering, but you need to know that you are not alone. My Son is with you. He is everywhere. He is invisible, but you can see Him if you live Him. He is the light which illuminates your soul and gives you peace. He is the Church which you need to love and to always pray and fight for - but not only with words, instead with acts of love. My children, bring it about for everyone to come to know my Son, bring it about that He may be loved, because the truth is in my Son born of God - the Son of God. Do not waste time deliberating too much; you will distance yourselves from the truth. With a simple heart accept His word and live it. If you live His word, you will pray. If you live His word, you will love with a merciful love; you will love each other. The more that you will love, the farther away you will be from death. For those who will live the word of my Son and who will love, death will be life. Thank you."

Our Lady added, "Pray to be able to see my Son in your shepherds. Pray to be able to embrace Him in them."

I needed to read it to decide whether or not I liked it.

After I had read it I decided that it was nonsense, so I could not care less about it.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Does the same apply to Lourdes, Fatima and Garabandal ?

Yes!

There are absolutely no grounds for believing any prophet "knows" they are correct other than human gullibility.

Until someone consistently comes out with detailed statements (eg Everton FC are going to win 7-0 on 25th March 2022 in Brazil) then putting a load of words together in a mumbo jumbo fashion that can be re-interpreted after the event using hindsight, just doesn't cut it. Either they know or they don't, if they don't they are false prophets, if they do they can state it clearly and accurately - none do!

We like to be led, we like to believe in the impossible/improbable but that is just an emotion, its not reality.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Tell me why, when someone dies and Wiki members often make a post on reflection , do they often write RIP ? That could indicate that the deceased may not RIP. and there has to be something afterwards ! I always find that expression fairly naff. Considering many don't believe in an afterlife, then it's somewhat against what their personal wishes might be.

The phrase dormit in pace (English: "he sleeps in peace") was found in the catacombs of the early Christians and indicated that "they died in the peace of the Church, that is, united in Christ."

Palemoon, you don't have to care one iota about it. No loss to anyone, that's your decision.

Last edited by granny; 9th Aug 2015 4:55pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
This is the story of Jack Traynor, a Liverpool man who was incurable according to the doctors of the War Ministry. He went to Lourdes and was completely healed.
http://www.faithandfamily.org.uk/publications/jack_traynor.htm

venice Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
I think theres all sorts of explanations why people appear to be healed 'miraculously'in past times (we dont hear of many these days) We didnt know then that damaged nerves could sometimes naturally recover after a long period of time for instance.

There would too have been conditions which disappeared naturally for no known reason which would have been attributed to a 'miracle' if the disappearance coincided with say a Lourdes visit. (like we still dont know yet why some cancers go into permanent remission).

I found that account a bit unconvincing and inconsistent in parts too. The man in question remarked right after his 'healing' that he knew straight away that some very special remarkable change had taken place, but then further on , seems to be querying why so many people are interested in him -almost as if was oblivious that he was 'healed'. Seemed a bit odd that.His whole demeanor just seemed underwhelmed for someone who thought a miracle of such huge proportions had happened.
However, I do have an open mind about such things -- just never been convinced .

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
You don't have to open your mind Venice, simply open you heart. The head bit comes later laugh

I have witnessed a healing. Small it was but still healed.

There are many, many, many healing miracles and testimonies, happening continuously and we can find them, but others you won't hear about as many people tend not to broadcast them. It does not mean they are not happening.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
St. Thomas Aquinas

Last edited by granny; 9th Aug 2015 11:41pm.

~Chief Seattle
venice Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Ive been brought up on 'dont let your heart rule your head' , and generally I have to say it has served me well. I wouldnt have a clue how to open my heart to religion OTHer than being 'open minded' , so Im a lost cause according to your quote. lol.

Religion is the invention of the weak minded to explain that which cannot, or could not, be explained. In turn it was usurped way back, as it is now, by the evil and greed of humanity to extract from the gullible riches in the name of said religion. Look at the wealth of the Catholic Church, all of which was 'for the poor'!!! I lived in a very poor catholic household and never saw a single penny from the church.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by red_devil
Religion is the invention of the weak minded to explain that which cannot, or could not, be explained. In turn it was usurped way back, as it is now, by the evil and greed of humanity to extract from the gullible riches in the name of said religion. Look at the wealth of the Catholic Church, all of which was 'for the poor'!!! I lived in a very poor catholic household and never saw a single penny from the church.

Very sorry to know that red-devil; assuming you had a very unhappy childhood.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
The closer I approach death, which I suspect will not be far away, the more I take comfort in the remnants of faith which remain with me.

Carpe diem.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Maybe a softening of the soul, Chris.

Three things that last forever. Faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love.

1 Cor 13:13

Last edited by granny; 20th Aug 2015 12:42am.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Maybe a softening of the soul, Chris.

Three things that last forever. Faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love.

1 Cor 13:13

Might be, Granny; the closer I approach death, the more open I become.

Carpe diem.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
People are at various stages in life and some feel they have no belief nor need to search within or without for the spiritual or divine in life and the reason for existence.
I have always felt an inner yearning for something I knew not what.
Religion is a manifestation of a journey for some and that for them brings a harmony of body mind and soul which can also bring wilderness experiences when belief is questioned.

Nearly thirty years ago after a lifetime wondering if God exists and getting tied in knots I decided to stop doing my own thing and take a leap of faith. I asked Jesus Christ if he existed to come into my life and sort it out instead of always relying on my own strength.
Faith either works or not and despite many problems which I hand over in prayer for God to sort out if unable to rectify myself,I rarely worry and life is exciting waiting in anticipation for the next chapter.
Christians are those who have asked Him into their lives.Going to church does not make you a Christian just as going to MacDonalds does not turn you into a beefburger.
Red Devil I do hope you find your path in life just have an open mind and positive outlook.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
then and now

Then, Mary had a virgin birth

now, many kids are test tube babes and women have artificial insemination

Then, Jesus said to of died and come back to life

now, dead’ woman woke up and asked ‘Where am I? link

many people on here say religion is a crock and then go on to say no such thing as an afterlife but then go on ghost hunts raftl

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
garage wanted
by robin47 - 3rd May 2024 5:53pm
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
leather sofa set
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 4:47pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
News : New Topics