WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,371
Posts1,033,343
Members14,588
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (2 invisible), 7,584 guests, and 446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd, jamiemc75, Bunny
14,588 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
casper 4
lincle 4
granny 3
Topic Replies
garage wanted
by diggingdeeper - 4th May 2024 2:01pm
Looking for an old engine
by diggingdeeper - 3rd May 2024 2:36pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 3rd May 2024 12:55pm
What song are you listening to?
by GaryFromWirral - 3rd May 2024 5:36am
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
Hi to everyone
by casper - 30th Apr 2024 6:59pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
leather sofa set
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 4:47pm
May
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Definitely agree with Snod.

Add your name below if you think Sven needs a course of
'Happy Pills'

Granny

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
Old Hand
Old Hand
Spiritualism is probably unexplained science - i.e. not discovered or proved factual science - but probably basically 'true' in the form of non-body or speech communication and connections - like when twins both experience pain when one is injured....

I personally am a devout atheist, scientific humanist and do not have 'beliefs' - but I also believe it is not scientific to 'poo-poo' others - but I will if they start to spout purile mumbo-jumbo and tell me it's the 'truth'. smile wink

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Don't expect you will Bigpete but on the off-chance you might be prepared to listen to a credible scientist this chap is, and if you have 15mins, well worth listening too. He has an excellent way of explaining and then it's up to us to get our head around it. Once you get to that point, everything is so much easier!

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewvideo.php?id=N0--_R6xThs&tid=258253

Last edited by granny; 24th Feb 2014 11:48am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I found this on the altered dimensions site, worth a look http://altereddimensions.net/2014/1...c-egyptian-manuscript-jesus-shapeshifter

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Following on from Yewgarth's post, this is an extract from The Secret Gospel of John, (Gnostic Gospel)which could indicate much the same.

" All of a sudden, while I was contemplating these things,
Behold!
The heavens opened and the whole of creation shone with a light from above,
And the world quaked!
I was afraid, yet
Behold!
A little child appeared before me in the light.
I continued looking at him as he became an old man
And then he changed again, becoming like a young man.
I didn't understand what I was seeing,
But the one likeness had several forms in the light,
And these likenesses appeared each through the other
And the vision had three forms."

""

John's secret gospel is one of the Gnostic Gospels. which the Churches do not recognise, supposedly one reason being that there can be no verification or cross reference to any of them. Two others were the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Mary (Magdelan)
What I find interesting is the findings of the New Testament Gopsels and others which have been retrieved.
Matthew: who is said to be one of the most gifted writers of the Apostles and after varoius missionary journeys it is thought that he was martyrd in Egypt although not certain, it could have been Parthia.
Mark (John Mark): was a support to Peter and Paul ( whilst Paul was imprisoned in Rome) until their deaths. He was the writer of the Gospel of Mark; the apostle Peter being the source of the Gospel. John Mark went to Egypt after the deaths of Peter and Paul
Luke :wrote the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles. A very learned man and a physician spent time with Paul, he was Paul's medical advisor and a constant companion to Paul during his first imprisonment in Rome. We know that Luke was in Phillipi during Paul's thrid missionary journey. Peter preached to the masses in Jerusalem and this is recorded in the Acts.
John: Wrote the Gospel of John and the Book of Revelations. He went to Ephesus and is the disciple who Jesus asked to take care of his mother, lived and died peacefully in Ephesus approx.100AD. He was exciled from Ephesus to an island called Patmos where he wrote Revelations. On release from excile he returned to Ephesus He had taken Mary to Ephesus and a German nun in the 19th century had a vision of Mary's house, describing it with layout of rooms and it's location . Up to then nobody knew of it. Further investigation some 60/70yrs later found a house identical to the description and in the same location the nun had given. John must have had much contact with Mary and no doubt her story was also spoken to him. He also founded and built many churches throughout Asia. John died 68yrs after our Lord.
Peter : After being imprisoned several times in Jerusalem (because of his faith), Peter left with his wife and possibly others. It is believed that he ministered (in Babylon) to the Jewish colonists there. It is, also, believed to be his location when he wrote his first epistle (1 Peter.)
Peter eventually went to Rome. While there, it is believed that John Mark (the writer of the Gospel of Mark) served as his translator (as he preached.) There is a Church tradition which says that "Mark the disciple and interpreter of the apostle Peter wrote a short gospel at the request of the brethren at Rome, embodying what he had heard Peter tell." Thus Peter was the source of the Gospel of Mark. Peter met his death at the hand of the Romans in Nero's circus, 67AD.

Apart from many missionaries to many places by these and others; John went to Egypt, Matthew went to Ethiopia and Egypt. Paul went to Ephesus and wrote letters to the Ephesians amongst others, John went to Ephesus and died in Ephesus,
It is also said that Bartholomew carried with him a copy of the apostle Matthew's Gospel. This copy was reported to have been found at a later time and a converted stoic philosopher by the name of Pantaenus is said to have brought it to Alexandria.
Now, eventually getting to the point. Paul was an old man when he died and quite obvious that the others where no spring chickens either. The fact that their connections went on through their whole lives. The gospels were written and prior to the 3rd century AD, until Rome was open to Christianity, these texts would have been kept very much hidden, for fear of the Romans finding them and the implications surrounding that possibility.
I think (but not sure) that most of if not all, the biblical texts which have been found in archeological digs over the last 200 yrs have been found in Egypt. Most are dated around 2nd century AD. That would fall in with the death dates of the Gospel writers and if John was the last to be alive, 100AD, the 2nd century AD would have just about begun, and would coincide with the findings. Therefore is it possible that John or another were custodians of these texts as the years moved on and eventually hidden. It was
This is just the tip of an enormous amount of collated and complied information which is now available to us to search more deeply and more thoroughly than we have ever been able to do. I hope this has not come across as a ramble, but it is difficult to put together when there is so much of which, that has to be left out.
Religion is not fashionable, we know that. Some are afraid of appearing to have any interest, some don't now enough to make an assessment, some don't want to know because they don't know, some don't want to be humiliated by their friends but strangely, if anyone has noticed, topics on religion, life after death etc. ALWAYs get the most viewings, which in turn, I believe would indicate that people are searching for answers. Those who are not searching and don't believe quite often make sure their own opinions are heard. The others seem to keep quiet. How sad !
There is also another angle to these biblical texts and when, on a regular basis, we see and hear of miraculous happenings taking place all over the world (we do have to be very careful of quite a lot of them that are fake etc. mostly Americans ) but why would it be that the same miraculous happenings could not happen 2000, 3000, or 4000 yrs ago ? we can't explain them now, but all that time ago, they did record them in the best way they knew how to.

That's enough from me. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by granny; 26th Feb 2014 6:33pm.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
AS of now, viewings 3914. Give it 24hrs.and see how many have then viewed.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Just recently,a friend spent 5 days here on a voluntary basis. She is not a follower of any faith but found this experience to be the most peaceful, wonderful, thought provoking and refreshing time she had ever spent. Plus much more.
Just thought of others who do not know about it and may be interested.

http://nkt-kmc-manjushri.org/

~Chief Seattle
P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
Thanks for that Granny. It sounds a great place to visit. I may stick my nose in when next down in the N.Lakes. It appears similar to Samye Ling Temple, Eskdalemuir. I've been there many times and always come away struck by the overall peace and calm of the place AND everyone involved with it.

They aren't out to "convert" you at all. It matters not what religion you are (or not) Protestant, Catholic, Jewish or followers of the Mytholmroyd & Todmorden Gas Meter Appreciation Society....... all are made most welcome.

http://www.samyeling.org/

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
I dont think its so much about religion in its self, but more about the church, the Catholic church is rotten with money much of it collected from those ill able to afford it, then there are tales of sexual abuse by priests, the Magdalane homes etc, it doesnt paint a pretty picture, Iam not a religious person but the actual attendance at religious services does give a feeling of belonging and being a part of, in the forces it was all will attend church parade or else, we went to a small fishermans church in Portugal a very simple affair but it had that feeling of peace as you say.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Monty Python " is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour"

Your right Casper its not just a belief in God or Gods but rather the way in which that belief is held and lived out that is problematical. From the football violence could we say its a reason for no football?
I came to a faith in God many years ago from a position of youthful ignorance agnosticism. Many reasons to question it over the last few years and in a sense tried to see if an atheistic position was possible but found that more difficult even though Dawkins and other militant atheists have provided an intellectual argument.. Even if I were to strip away my particular Christian belief that has come through own personal study, practice and experience plus the varied church leaders teachings subjected to - I would still hold a core belief in God (note I say God and not Gods which is probably due to the influence of a Judeo Christian influence but God in Hebrew can also be plural!) Despite all the differences I would think the majority of people on the planet have belief in God or Gods and expressed through their different traditions cultures--that doesn't make any or all of them correct

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
If I had the power I would ban all religion and incarcerate anyone who preached about it.

It is evil.

That is all.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
all religion is evil-- blush

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by _Ste_
If I had the power I would ban all religion and incarcerate anyone who preached about it.

It is evil.

That is all.

What are your motives for using the term 'evil' ?

Your very ridiculous remark runs parallel with the ideals of Hitler and now ISIS.

What you are saying is that anyone who has a belief in any faith is evil and should be got rid of, thus taking away the freedom of the individual.

Crazy attitude.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
No granny, I'm not the crazy one here.

2 words.

War
Money.

That describes it well.

I have no more to say on the matter, I, unlike some will not be brainwashed with such tripe.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Personally I would really like to attend this centre. A quick look at the footer to my posts will show that I have strong leanings to the Buddhist following and general principles of how to behave and treat others. I attend the Runcorn Buddhist Temple as often as I can. That also gives a deep feeling of peace and provides me with the opportunity to meditate about friends who are seriously ill or need help generally
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wat-Phra-Singh-UK/158152780991951

Snod

5 Precepts of Buddhism seem appropriate. Refrain from taking life. Refrain from taking that which is not given. Refrain from misconduct. Refrain from lying. Refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
garage wanted
by robin47 - 3rd May 2024 5:53pm
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
leather sofa set
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 4:47pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
News : New Topics