Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,369
Posts1,033,336
Members14,588
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (2 invisible), 10,526 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd, jamiemc75, Bunny
14,588 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
casper 5
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Hi to everyone
by casper - 30th Apr 2024 6:59pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
italian furniture
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 7:07pm
leather sofa set
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 4:47pm
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Looking for an old engine
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:11pm
Car paint jobs
by TheComputerLab - 27th Apr 2024 3:09pm
Wanted Gardener
by kimpri - 27th Apr 2024 6:45am
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
May
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
We are in for an afternoon of even more legal arguments. Sky Sports News' Bryan Swanson reports that Tom Hicks could do a deal with Mill Financial to pay off the debt to Royal Bank of Scotland to remain in control of Liverpool. That would result in further legal challenges from John W Henry's team as they bid to gain control of the club.(Sky sports news)

Google Ads
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Sky Sources are telling us that the Premier League have rejected an approach from Mill Finance to undertake their owners and directors test. NESV have already taken and passed this.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Looks like Hicks and Gillett are gone. NESV about to be named as new LFC owners get in there. Hicks admits defeat moments ago but now will sue for up to $1.6 BILLION!. LFC press team ready to announce NESV sale..

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
New England Sports Ventures are the New Owners of Liverpool Football Club...

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
He had t give up today, as otherwise he would have lost the club to RBS tomorrow. He was just trying to cause problems and gain media attention to try and interest other parties - but the deal with NES was signed and sealed by the board, acting on his behalf, so there was little he could do, even if some Arab had come in offering £500m for the club... Hicks will lose less money in selling to NESV than he would had the club gone into administration and under RBS control. I hope Gillett can sue Hicks for his losses, given Hicks wreckless decision to block the £500 million sale to DIC in 200 has caused million of pounds of losses for Gillett.

Hopefully now, we can start getting back to dealng with footballing matters, and it gives a couple of months rebuild squad morale for 2011!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by BBC Sport
New England Sports Ventures are set to complete their takeover of Liverpool after the club's co-owners removed the restraining order blocking any sale.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett accepted defeat in their bid to prevent a sale to NESV but say they will pursue £1bn damages, arguing the deal is "illegal".

NESV, the board's choice as Liverpool's new owners, will hope to complete their £300m purchase of the club on Friday.

This means the Royal Bank of Scotland can be paid and administration avoided.

But Hicks and Gillett say they will "pursue every legal avenue" to claim damages for what they believe is an "extraordinary swindle".

The move allows major creditors RBS to be paid the £237m they are owed on Friday and Liverpool's holding company are unlikely now to be put into administration, a move which could have resulted in a nine-point penalty in the Premier League.

Finally, it should be all over, and Hicks should be gone!

I shall wait till its gone through before I do my banana dance though lol.

BBC Sport Report

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=bos&content_id=12766377&tcid=fb_video_12766377

A good video that Henry posted on his Twitter yesterday for LFC fans to help us understand who NESV are and what they have achieved.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Liverpool have confirmed New England Sports Ventures have completed their takeover of the club
[Linked Image]
After a week of drama off the pitch John Henry's NESV have finally completed their takeover of the club after Tom Hicks and George Gillett accepted defeat in their bid to prevent a sale.

American duo Hicks and Gillett lifted the final obstacle standing in NESV's way by removing the restraining order they won in a Texas court to block the proposed sale.

However, Hicks and Gillett have announced they plan to sue for "at least $1.6billion" for "an extraordinary swindle".

Hicks, who believes the NESV sale undervalues Liverpool, had been trying to sell his stake to Mill Financial, a USA-based hedge fund, so they could pay the club's debt to the Royal Bank of Scotland and scupper the takeover.

Mill Financial had approached the Premier League to take the mandatory owner's test on Thursday, but were rejected when the league told the fund they could only take instruction from the Liverpool board, led by chairman Martin Broughton, who have already agreed to sell to NESV for £300 million.

NESV's takeover means the Royal Bank of Scotland will be paid the £237million they are owed and the threat of administration is avoided.

Liverpool's board agreed to sell the club to NESV for £300million last week, but the deal was upheld as Hicks and Gillett opposed the deal.

The news ends Hick's and Gillett's turbulent ownership of the club after they gained control at Anfield in 2007

SKY SPORTS NEWS

Last edited by _jase_; 15th Oct 2010 4:18pm.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
smile

Attached Images
7tc.jpg
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Boston boys have bought it!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Although I am a bluenose I guess I'm kinda happy that it's been sorted out. What I am struggling to understand though is this...even though I own my house & do not wish to sell it, can someone who takes a fancy it force me through the courts to sell it to them for less than market value?

Please advise.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
H&G handed the responsibility to oversee the sale of the club to the board of directors (Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre) in a legally binding contract, and thus relinquished their right to either take part or interfere with the sale. The board was setup by Barclays Capital to work in the best interests of the owners to obtain the best deal possible. There was almost certainly some clause in the contract whereby Hicks and Gillett could excercise a right to sack the board and regain full control of the club and sale, but not retospectively. The deal had been done/signed minutes before Hicks attempted to sack the board, and this was why it too was legally binding.

As I understand it, Hicks will be looking to sue these and not Liverpool FC for not obtaining the best deal on the table, though I doubt the lawsuit will get anywhere in all honesty.

This is why when Hicks trid to scupper the deal and sack the board retrospectively and render the takeover deal/contract null and void, the British High Court ruled that this move would be illegal, and warned Hicks not to appeal.

He got his injunction in Texas, but it had no jurisdiction in the UK and thus could not really be enforced. However the British High Court ruled he was required to remove it by 16:00 today, otherwise the deal would go through regardless (also, there may have been legal wranglings in the US which may have delayed the deal, especially with NESV being a US company). I think the primary intention for this decison by the high-court however, was in the interest of fairness, to give him time to consult his legal team with regards any options he had left.

He removed the injunction (which really was his signal of intent to give up with his legal dispute against the takeover by NESV) and thus the deal with NESV, which was already signed before Hicks kicked off, went through. He had little in the way of choice, because he should stand to make a smaller loss by selling it to NESV rather than watching it fall into administration and under the ownership of RBS tomorrow.

Im not a legal expert, but thats the way I understand it atm. Im sure there is more to it, but I think thats a basic outline.
I do feel the board have actively set out to seek the best deal for the club as opposed to the owners, which is why Hicks has his knickers in a twist... had he have had his own way, he would have sold us down the river, so long as he made profit from it. In this respect, I can understand his annoyance, but thats for him to deal with with or without the aid of courts etc...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Very informative reply Matt.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Now that its done and dusted and only time will tell how successful its going to be. Its about time this ridiculous rule of deducting points from teams who are in financial trouble was done away with. Whats the point, invariably it sends an already struggling team into a lower division where they can earn less revenue, possibly drive away supporters and sponsors.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
turkish sofa
italian furniture
leather sofa set
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
News : New Topics
turkish sofa
italian furniture
leather sofa set
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
Popular Topics(Views)
5,072,198 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,019,135 Spotted!