WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,373
Posts1,033,360
Members14,590
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (2 invisible), 10,954 guests, and 581 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Pasttraveller, LiamW1897, EricB, H2OH2O, Jasontodd
14,590 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Grange Road Co-Op
by Erainn - 6th May 2024 3:08pm
ST Hugh Birkenhead and Maris Stella NB
by terrier - 20th Apr 2023 7:33pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
233 Caledonia Inn 68 Market Street
by derekdwc - 6th Jan 2009 12:32am
Top Posters(30 Days)
lincle 4
granny 3
Topic Replies
Grange Road Co-Op
by bert1 - 10th May 2024 9:51am
Roofer recommendation please?
by haarlemmer - 9th May 2024 6:29pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by gregory66 - 7th May 2024 10:42pm
233 Caledonia Inn 68 Market Street
by diggingdeeper - 5th May 2024 6:13pm
ST Hugh Birkenhead and Maris Stella NB
by gregory66 - 5th May 2024 5:57am
garage wanted
by diggingdeeper - 4th May 2024 2:01pm
Looking for an old engine
by diggingdeeper - 3rd May 2024 2:36pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 3rd May 2024 12:55pm
May
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
That's so sad!! Our Troops have enough problems abroad without "our own" turning against them.

My sincerest sympathies are with the family.

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Google Ads
jonno40 Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
There are a few of us on here that knew mac mckenna .I served for 12 years in the cheshire regiment with mac and only recently met him in the claughton for a pint .The words good guy are a underestimation of the man ,He would always put others first and was an excellent instuctor,his main passion in life other than his family was Everton fc so how sad this happened on the way to the match.
RIP MAC

Last edited by jonno40; 12th Jan 2009 8:03pm.

It all makes perfect sense expressed in dollars and cents ,pound shillings and pence
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
After speaking to my mum again tonight it seems that it was my brother that was one of the first on the scene.

He actually seen the stabbing take place,
my mum said he was going to get in his car and give chase
but couldn't leave the father and son. And he was also there
when the father Graham McKenna also breathed his last breath too.

He wanted to wait for the Ambulance and Police to arrive.

I'm told that he just pulled up in his car and the attack took place.

As you have read from the news stories he was walking to the bus stop
to go to the Everton match with his son.

Tragic loss of life.

On the News tonight the Murderer is still on the loose.

Keep It Real !!
Wiki Guide
Keep It Real !!
Wiki Guide
Tragic loss of life. frown

[Linked Image from ]

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Appeal to Gary Finlay over Graham McKenna killing
[Linked Image]

THE brother of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a man and the stabbing of his schoolboy son today begged him to hand himself in.

Paul Finlay, 55, told the ECHO his brother Gary seemed increasingly troubled in recent months.

He said the 46-year-old appeared to be dwelling on the split with his wife Debbie, the sister of murder victim Graham McKenna’s wife, five years ago.

Mr McKenna, 45, and his son Michael, 14, were ambushed as they went to watch Everton’s game on Saturday afternoon.

The pair were on their way to catch the Soccerbus at 1pm when they were ambushed in Upton Road, Claughton, Wirral.

Michael, a pupil at Ridgeway School, Noctorum, survived despite being stabbed five times in the chest and stomach.

He was today said to be in a stable condition with his family by his bedside.

His dad, a former soldier, was taken to Arrowe Park hospital but died of his injuries.

On Sunday Merseyside police named Gary Finlay as the man they wanted to speak to in connection with the double stabbing, describing him as dangerous and not to be approached.

Mr Finlay, landlord of the Heather Brow, in Claughton, said: “I last spoke to Gary before Christmas. The police are ringing three times a day but if we knew anything we’d tell them.

“If Gary’s responsible for this I can only think that he’s come to boiling point. It’s tragic and we’re so glad that the son is alive.

“If he’s out there and he reads this I’m asking him to give himself up and come forward – my fear is that he’s going to do something to himself.”

Mr Finlay added: “He loved his children. He went down south to see if he could get them to come back. He was always asking and he hadn’t seen them for a while.

“He has a boy and girl, one 14, one 18. He liked to go fishing with his son and do the normal things a father would.

“He hasn’t worked for a few years. He was a labourer but injured his knee.”

Gary Finlay is one of 10 children and police have been quizzing family members about his whereabouts.

Michael McKenna’s headteacher at Ridgeway high school, today praised the “popular and hardworking” student.

Pauline Roberts said: “Staff and pupils here are deeply shocked by what has happened to Michael and his father.

The liverpool echo

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
[Linked Image]

A house this evening in Speedwell Rd - I assume it is the McKenna family's. Loads of flowers as well as Everton shirts and scarves.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I believe that's where he died omg

Old Hand
Old Hand
Ive just been around the scene and there is police and vans all around and in Old School Way in claughton.

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Yeah I saw a mobile cctv van parked by wilfred owen drive, then turned my head the other way and a police car passed. Do they really think Gary Finlay is still in WIrral? Are they doing their 'increased police presence to reassure the locals' jobby?

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Fresh appeal after double stabbing

POLICE have launched a fresh appeal for help in their hunt for a man wanted as part of a murder investigation.

[Linked Image]

They are still searching for Gary Finlay after Graham McKenna died following an incident in Claughton on Saturday, January 10.

Mr McKenna, 45, and his son were on their way to catch the Goodison match bus on Upton Road, When Mr McKenna was first attacked in Foxglove Road and again in Speedwell Road.

Following this Mr McKenna's 14-year-old son was attacked in Foxglove Road.

Both were taken to hospital, where Graham McKenna later died but doctors were able to save the life of Michael.

The offender then got into a Honda car and drove towards Bidston Hill, where the car was later recovered.

Detectives would like to speak to anyone who was in the Bidston Hill and surrounding area at this time.

Acting Inspector Andy O'Connor said: "The Bidston Hill area is a very popular area for dog walkers and ramblers and we are keen for anyone who may been in the area on Saturday, January 10 to come forward.

“They may have seen something of great importance to the investigation.

"If the information isn't relevant then nothing will be lost but it could be vital.

"The community are the key in assisting us to finding Gary Finlay, we have already received considerable information and they have given support to the McKenna family.

"I would urge anyone who may have seen Mr Finlay on that day or that may have information about the incident to come forward."

"We will not rest until we have brought the offender to justice.

“Merseyside Police must stress that we firmly believe that Gary Finlay may pose a risk to members of the public and I would urge any members of the public who has seen him to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately.

Gary Finlay is described as a white, 5ft 8in tall, stocky build, with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

The public are advised not to approach Mr Finlay, as he is considered to be dangerous, but if anyone does see him they should report the sighting to their nearest police station.

They can also contact officers at the dedicated incident room on 0151 777 2263.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Why are they still focusing on the hill?
I mean even if you did see a big bearly bald man run past you in a hurry, what difference would it make to report it? They knew he went to the hill. Maybe he ran straight over it, down to Bidston station and caught a train.
He could be anywhere by now.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_

Murder man's family thanks community

THE FAMILY of Graham McKenna - the former soldier who was stabbed to death in broad daylight and his son badly wounded - have spoken about their grief.

Their statement comes after police investigating the double knife attack made a fresh appeal to the public for information.

Mr McKenna, 45, died on Saturday, January 10, in Speedwell Road, Claughton after being stabbed during an assault.

His son Michael, 14, a Ridgeway High School pupil, was also badly injured in the incident.

Police want to question Gary Finlay, a former member of Mr McKenna’s extended family, in connection with the attack.

In a statement, Mr KcKenna’s grieiving wife Gillian said: “Graham's tragic death has totally devastated his family and friends and we are finding it difficult to come to terms with our loss.

“We would like to thank the local community for their messages of support during this difficult time and the media for continuing to appeal for information about Graham's murder.

"We are urging people to come forward if they have any information that could assist Merseyside Police with their investigation."

Mr McKenna and his son were on their way to catch the Goodison Park match bus on Upton Road when Mr McKenna was first attacked in Foxglove Road and again in Speedwell Road. Michael was then attacked in Foxglove Road.

Both collapsed and were taken to hospital, where Graham McKenna later died but doctors were able to save the life of Michael.

The offender then got into a Honda car and drove towards Bidston Hill, where the car was later recovered.

Detectives want to speak to anyone who was in the Bidston Hill and surrounding area at that time.

Acting Inspector Andy O'Connor said: "The Bidston Hill area is a very popular area for dog walkers and ramblers and we are keen for anyone who may been in the area on Saturday, January 10 to come forward.

“They may have seen something of great importance to the investigation.

"If the information isn't relevant then nothing will be lost but it could be vital.

"The community are the key in assisting us to finding Gary Finlay. We have already received considerable information and they have given support to the McKenna family.

"I would urge anyone who may have seen Mr Finlay on that day or that may have information about the incident to come forward.

"We will not rest until we have brought the offender to justice.

“Merseyside Police must stress that we firmly believe that Gary Finlay may pose a risk to members of the public and I would urge any members of the public who has seen him to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately.”

Gary Finlay is described as a white, 5ft 8in tall, stocky build, with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

The public are advised not to approach Mr Finlay, as he is considered to be dangerous, but if anyone does see him they should report the sighting to their nearest police station.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE

P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
Maybe I've missed it, but has a photograph been issued of this Finlay thing ?? Has its mugshot been in the local press ? It would be an idea to have it on this forum.

A photo would be much better than a purely written description.

Last edited by Pinzgauer; 21st Jan 2009 4:33pm.
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
there is photos of him all over this topic mate... happy

[Linked Image]

P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
DOH ! I haven't followed this thread blow by blow. Just backtracked and spotted three for starters !

One out of ten for observation then !! Sorry.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Grange Road Co-Op
by Erainn - 6th May 2024 3:08pm
garage wanted
by robin47 - 3rd May 2024 5:53pm
Plastic sheds
by muzzy2 - 2nd May 2024 2:41pm
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
kimpri
kimpri
birkenhead
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Help Needed for Virginia Creeper Removal
by Rinchen - 28th Apr 2024 2:08pm
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
News : New Topics
turkish sofa
by Jasontodd - 29th Apr 2024 8:24pm