Forums
Are any other jobseekers are as FED UP as I am with these barmy personality tests that these big supermarkets and stores are using now to filter out job applicants? You just can't get past the darn things. You often spend nearly a whole damn HOUR filling in seemingly endless questions - only to get back a soul destroying rejection email.

They make me laugh these stores. They advertise for Xmas staff, and then when you apply, they insist on putting you through personality test hell.

I give up.
Saw your other post on your achievements as an author, not many have those skills or the understanding of what services you can offer as a result.

I agree that pushing everyone through the same psychometric profiling is a bit of a joke if you were to use the same profiling on Supermarkets they wouldn't employ themselves. As organisations they are valueless money machines that work only for profit, ignoring their increasing negative impacts on society, suppliers, the environment and lowest common denominator food that perpetuates suffering in our farming industry.

Keep writing, align your services with a growing creative industry across the City Region. The amount of web devs who don't offer or can't write copy is bigger than you think.

Don't give up, Do it for yourself.

K
Talking to some Sainsbury's staff a couple of weeks ago. They have to have 3 interviews apparently, then of course, training follows. Admittedly, I find their attitude to customers far better than any other supermarket, which is one of the main reasons Sainsbury's are so picky.

A new local Sainsbury's is opening up opposite Thingwall shops on Pensby Road, in the new Year.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral