Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 25th Jan 2014 5:08pm
Had email from Globe looking for new recruits. Been doing it for almost 10 years. Not bad if you get a few decent rounds to supplement other part time work and it keeps you fit. Just some stats
With a car I can do 900 in approx 7hours and receive around £60 after tax
250 papers (about £14) will take you around 2hours depending on house type and if you can organise it that your not coming home all the time to refill trolley. A trolley holds about 100 papers and if using 2 shoulder bags 25 in each bag is quite enough.
Get paid extra for leaflets but not always worth the hassle.
You can sometimes supplement income by asking local shops or business if they want leaflets delivered but technically you cant put them inside the Newspaper
You do get holiday pay as well.
You will also need somewhere dry for the papers to be delivered to at your home in early hours. I use a pallet and tarpaulin
Contact Mr Adrian Codd on [email protected] give Name, address and telephone number (over 13 only)
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 25th Jan 2014 11:11pm
Isn't the Globe going the same way as the Wallasey News shortly or have I heard differently?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 12:00am
Different companies.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 12:08am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Different companies.

Whats that got to do with it?
Posted By: Cassidy Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 9:11am
Do you definitely get holiday pay? My son does the globe via Adrian and doesn't get paid when he takes time off
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 4:46pm
I heard the Globe was stopping delivery to our area, The Wirral News stopped a few weeks ago - shame as we have so little media output which has a Wirral focus, or is produced primarily for this market.

K
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 6:06pm
Originally Posted by Cassidy
Do you definitely get holiday pay? My son does the globe via Adrian and doesn't get paid when he takes time off

yep. get 4 or 5 weeks paid leave. Maybe due to length of service or they are just ripping kids off.
Posted By: Cobby Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 6:17pm
Adults have a legal entitlement to 28 days anuual leave including bank holidays, pro rata for part timers.

This doesn't apply to children under school leaving age, the only legal requirement for them is that they must have a 2 week break during school holidays, but they are not entitled to paid holidays
Posted By: Cassidy Re: Jobs Newspaper Deliverys Wirral Globe - 26th Jan 2014 6:51pm
Originally Posted by Cobby
Adults have a legal entitlement to 28 days anuual leave including bank holidays, pro rata for part timers.

This doesn't apply to children under school leaving age, the only legal requirement for them is that they must have a 2 week break during school holidays, but they are not entitled to paid holidays

Thanks. This makes total sense. My son is 15 and at school still. Yes he did have to have 2 weeks off in the holiday. Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral