Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 4:50pm
I know of at least 2 people (my daughter being one) who were asked by the Job Centre to attend a training meeting with an agency (not at Job centre) on the same days as there signing on day. The timings of the meeting and signing on did not give enough time to travel back across wirral. My daughter arrived late for siging on and explained she had been on a meeting that the job centre had sent them on, but even after appeal they stopped her JSA for 2 weeks and my other friends for a month. They then threaten you if you appeal it will mean having to make a new JSA claim which is a nightmare.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 5:02pm
Ive heard of the one of having to re-claim if you appeal your sanction. its just wrong.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 6:00pm
Having worked at both The Job Centre and also for a Job Centre Training Provider, I know it is never as simple as this, but I understand how frustrating it can be. Sometimes just a conversation can sort this out. Speaking to the right person helps of course, but seriously, the Job Centre staff are not trying to make peoples life hell.

If an appointment was made, it was made well in advance of the signing date/time. Communication to highlight this with the JC Staff would have sorted this I am sure.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 6:02pm
I used to spend many hours a day trying to book job seekers and appointment with the training provider, many JS's couldn't make signing appointments because of signing times/dates, this was always resolved without issue.
Posted By: Abbot Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 7:07pm
It also doesn't help that the government has set targets for people to be sanctioned.
Absolutely disgusting attitudes from the JC staff also don't help
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 7:18pm
I would appeal it anyway, your daughter will win and get her benefit payments backdated.

They tried something similar with me. My advisor wanted me to apply for a temporary factory job in Bromborough Retail Park. It was only for 3 weeks, and it stated the hours were 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.

She thought it was continental shift, but wasn't sure. It's unsuitable if it is, I said. As I explained to her, I don't drive, so the early shift would be out as I'd have to walk to Liscard (20 minutes walk from where I live,) to get the bus to Birkenhead, then get the bus to Bromborough. In all, a journey of almost 2 hours! So I'd have to start walking at 4am to get there for 6am! A lone female? In the dark, Winter mornings? I don't think so!

Can't apply for it, I said, it puts me in a dangerous position, and what time would I have to get up to be ready for a 4am walk?! My advisor said maybe it was separate shifts, not continental, and told me to ask another advisor who knew more about the vacancy. She printed out the ad for me to go ask. Turns out it IS continental, so no good.

A few days later, I get a letter through my door saying they're stopping my money as they haven't received an application from me. Apparently, when the computer prints out jobs, it records it and expects applications for it. When you don't send any, your account is automatically closed!

Needless to say, I appealed, giving the reasons for both the print-out and not applying for it. I won and got my payments backdated, (I was nearly 6 weeks without money!)

But the important thing is not to take it lying down, they'll soon get sick of pulling stunts like this if they have to process endless appeals!
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 7:32pm
Look seriously at the end of the day, the person who started this post, if what they say is true then there has been a serious break down in communication. NO Job Centre staff are going to give someone an appointment to conflict with their signing on time so that they get sanctioned.

If they want to communicate with me personally for info I would be glad to help.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 7:51pm
Write to Frank Field. He will be on your side in issues like this. It needs sorting.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 8:32pm
its a conspiracy
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 8:33pm
if sanctioned for 6 weeks won't your internet be turned off? and as most jobs only have online apps won't you be sanctioned again for not cheaking emails? or going for any jobs on that job match thing so the sanctions keep comming.
Posted By: bumblebee Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 7th Jul 2013 8:50pm
I think the job centre is doing it on the sly. ie the government pays them for every person who get 's A job (ie: comes of benefits) through such an agency gets certain amounts of money. They give them lists of the claimants names contact details etc.. so wouldn't it be of there benefit if they purposely made appointments for same day, it would scuffer a variety of people young,old, begins with A-z, it doesn't matter there not fussed, that person gets sanctioned so are theoretically off benefits, that agency would still get it's fee/commission, not arranged directly by advisor. Have they been blagged? there is no evidence available, the agency made appointment. so claims have to begin again, longer time, loss of essential money. Don't the figures look good? Do the government save a larger sum?
Headline: "the government has reported a drop in the amount of people claiming Benefits for the last 2 month's"

I wonder why????
Then there are the genuine advisers who make you an appointment, not realizing what there doing but there's a paper trail so gets backdated paymen.
Who did she speak to?where was appointment? Is there proof, ie paper letter??

If yes go in and speak to a manager???

That sounds very much conspiracy I know, but it was just a thought?

I hope your daughter gets it sorted in appeal.

I'm sorry for the very long way of getting to end, hope someone understands what I mean.

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 8:06am
Not a consipiracy mate, I know someone who makes commission based on how many people they can "Get off benefits" even if it means fooking them over.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 8:04pm
I accompanyed a person there today. Eye- opener!!

In less than an hour, there were two blokes who had sighned off as they were told they had jobs at Tulip. After 3 weeks of 0 hrs and 0 shifts and 0 money they wanted food vouchers and an advance for gas n lekky.

Another was arguing the toss that he would not work for £2.65 an hour as an apprentice??

A woman was reporting her sons change of circs. He had mental health problems and was couch surfing as he had voluntarily give his flat up coz he couldnt afford the b.t.

Staff on the other end of the phones being verbally abused.....no wonder they go on the sick!

All in all,an unpleasant snapshot.

PS yes i am nosy and yes i was eavesdropping, hard not to.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 9:24pm
Hi,

Tried that universal jobmatch,

So far every job I have applied for has resulted in a page saying that the job is no longer available.

ok I have only been offered five

So its not very useful at the moment but will see how it goes.

Oh the job centre wants full access to your account so that it can check what you have been doing

Failure to comply means .....?

Already found that it is failing to record job searches, have print outs to prove this.

Nomad

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 10:03pm
I hear its not yet mandatory for you to allow them access to your jobsearch account? Not that they will tell you that.

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/universal-jobmatch-do-not-sign/

Dont know whether that has changed since this article though??
Posted By: Nomad Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 10:13pm
Thank you for that

Nomad
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 10:37pm
if you have a letter confirming the appointment that you are going to, then the appeal will be quick and resolved in your favour

if the job centre set the appointment up then you will be either given a letter or one be posted out to you prior to the appointment

this has also happened to me, i took the letter in, and it was all resolved
Posted By: Nomad Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 10:47pm
Only just signed on, I am actually looking for work.

Had first meeting last Thursday

Have made an account, uploaded cv, and given them access

But have a "back to work interview" tomorrow

I will withdraw access to the online account due to the security reasons

Nomad
Posted By: Abbot Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 8th Jul 2013 11:41pm
Not sure if you can do that once you have given them access
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Job Centre JSA Scam ? - 9th Jul 2013 7:08pm
My lad a year back also had his JSA stopped for not applying in writing for a job that didnt exist.He phoned Boots up and was told the vacancy had already gone so didnt bother filling forms and sending CV.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral