Forums
Posted By: louise127 Apprentice required for Restaurant in Heswall - 16th May 2013 1:54pm
A beautiful and reputable restaurant in Heswall are looking for an Apprentice to complete a NVQ 2 in food and drink (front of house) must have a genuine intrest in progressing within the hospitality industry and prepared to learn.........aged between 16-24 This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn

please PM me for details
An apprenticeship in food and drink? That's ridiculous & cheap labour! How about they just take on the young person - how hard is it to serve food and drink?
Agreed.
Originally Posted by JGL4693
An apprenticeship in food and drink? That's ridiculous & cheap labour! How about they just take on the young person - how hard is it to serve food and drink?

Erm... the restaurant will fund this persons NVQ?

What is wrong with people these days.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

IT'S A JOB!!!!!!! If people aren't moaning there are no jobs they are moaning ABOUT the jobs offered.
I agree with McFlurry, this is far better than your average restaurant work for a young person, sure it is apprentice wages, but getting the NVQ behind you can lead to a higher paid role in the future, especially if they move onto level 3 and work towards management in the catering industry! This is a no-brainer for a school leaver really, thanks for posting this up.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Apprentice required for Restaurant in Heswall - 17th May 2013 6:50am
Certainly is amazing how ill informed some folk are on here.The restaurant trade and catering in general demands high standards.This ensures that if/when we go for a meal somewhere we can reasonably expect the food and service to be well presented and well served.A good career opportunity ahead for the successful candidate.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Apprentice required for Restaurant in Heswall - 17th May 2013 10:55am
It's a fact that here in the U.K. front-of-house and waiting staff are regarded as cheap and, by implication unskilled, labour. In France, by contrast, these are considered skilled professions which, if they are performed correctly, they are. Good service adds considerably to the pleasure of a meal. Try a Michelin starred restaurant some time and see what I mean.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Apprentice required for Restaurant in Heswall - 17th May 2013 11:06am
Originally Posted by chriskay
Try a Michelin starred restaurant some time and see what I mean.

Will you be paying?
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Originally Posted by chriskay
Try a Michelin starred restaurant some time and see what I mean.

Will you be paying?

I'm afraid not but it needn't be ruinously expensive. If you ever get to London, you can have lunch at the 2 star Le Gavroche (Michel Roux Jr.) for £65 including wine. Closer to home, Fraiche in Oxton, 1 star, offers a six course tasting menu for the same price but wine is extra. Chef Marc Wilkinson offers 4 matching wines for £35.
When you see what people spend on phones, it doesn't seem too bad to me.
I know which restaurant this is, and I know it would be a fantastic opportunity for someone young wanting to break into the industry. This isn't your "McDonalds" or big pub chain "restaurant".

Young people often complain about there being "no opportunities", expecting to walk in, with no experience, earning a nice salary. They need to suck it up and face reality!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral