Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 1:50pm
Hi! Does anyone know of any cleaning jobs going?

I'm recently unemployed, but I'm hoping to be called back in 2/3 weeks, so I don't care if the work is temporary, I'd just like to find something to tide me over until then.

I'm a non-driver living in Wallasey, so as local as possible would be best, but anywhere I can reach by bus would be considered.

Thanks for reading this! smile
Posted By: rossie Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 2:08pm
How much an hour do you charge and are you interested in a few hours.
I know somebody who is looking for somebody to do a spring clean
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 3:31pm
Well, £6.19 an hour is the minimum wage, so at least that. How many hours and where please?
Posted By: rossie Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 5:07pm
I think it would only be for four hours in moreton

Posted By: El_Aych Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 5:10pm
Any references?

I'd be happy to pay someone to do a full clean on a house and iron some shirts etc.

Happy to help if I can if it benefits me too.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 6:20pm
@rossie: What would the spring clean entail please and would this be just a one-off?

@ El_Aych: I'm afraid I don't have any references for cleaning, but it does constitute a major part of my usual job, I've worked in Moreton's food factories for many years.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 6:37pm
heron frozen foods in liscard were advertising for 12hrs. they open sundays too.
good luck to you.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 8:49pm
Thank-you pokerchamp, I'll look into that tomorrow! smile
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 9:12pm
Sorry to go off topic, but the ever complaining Jobneeded67 has been quiet for a while,does anyone know if she/he eventually found a job?
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 9:59pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Sorry to go off topic, but the ever complaining Jobneeded67 has been quiet for a while,does anyone know if she/he eventually found a job?
Yes you are right!! thinking that my-self! they said they may leave the wirral ?
Posted By: SUExx Re: Need a job... - 2nd Feb 2013 10:14pm
May be that jobneeded thought you all couldnt care less. Comming from a house of 4 where 3 of us were working, i know how hard it is out there and most comments were very negative. But now were a house of 4 were 4 of us are now working thank god, so with a bit a luck jobneeded might be working and not have much time to spend on here.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Need a job... - 3rd Feb 2013 2:39pm
I popped into Heron's and enquired about the job, but was told they've taken the ad out of the window as "there was so many applicants." Oh, well... it's something to put down on my job search form anyway.
Posted By: Shambo Re: Need a job... - 3rd Feb 2013 3:12pm
I really wouldn't chart your jobsearch exploits here Gold_Moon, lest you get the same treatment Jobneeded67 got.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Need a job... - 3rd Feb 2013 3:40pm
I do thank you for your concern Shambo, but I've found most people on this forum to be nothing but kind and very helpful. In fact wikiwirral has been an invaluable source of information for me... I only regret not finding it sooner!
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Need a job... - 3rd Feb 2013 10:12pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan

raftl raftl
I really hope he found a job, and I hope as Suexx said, he is now too busy working, to be coming on here. The man really did receive some very negative comments so it would be no surprise to me if he just thought, sod this.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral