Forums
Posted By: RedMen231 vacancies available - 5th Jul 2012 10:33pm
hi am not sure if am posting this in the right area but i was browsing the web and i come across a site www.indeed.co.uk,there appears to be afew jobs on there wirral/liverpool area,check it out if your looking for work hope this helps you people happy
Posted By: Zubee Re: vacancies available - 10th Jul 2012 8:21pm
Here's the list of sites I've been using:

indeed.co.uk
1job.co.uk
jobsdirectory.co.uk
jobmart.co.uk
jobs-merseyside.co.uk
reed.co.uk (this one is good)
fish4jobs.co.uk
civil-service.co.uk
merseyworkplace.co.uk
jobseekers.direct.gov.uk
gisajob.com
jobads.co.uk
employmentservice.co.uk
gojobsite.co.uk
jobmagic.net
jobs1.co.uk
jobsearch.co.uk
1job.co.uk
liverpoolinwork.co.uk

Good luck to anyones who's looking for a job x
Posted By: lemonhead Re: vacancies available - 10th Jul 2012 9:45pm
thanks Zubee i will pass these on to my lad, he is 18 on the 26th of this month and he cant seem to find nothing, hope things look up for him soon
Posted By: Zubee Re: vacancies available - 10th Jul 2012 10:42pm
I hope he gets something too Lemon. If he puts different type of job searches on differnt site he'll get a much wider choice of jobs he can go for.

He'll get something soon.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: vacancies available - 10th Jul 2012 10:59pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
thanks Zubee i will pass these on to my lad, he is 18 on the 26th of this month and he cant seem to find nothing, hope things look up for him soon

try wirral autistic society they always looking to recruit new staff.full training given
number is 334 7510 tell him to phone and they should send him application form out.most people start off on the bank but get loads of hours
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: vacancies available - 3rd Aug 2012 1:11pm
All very well, but it would be even more well if the employers and agencies bothered to reply to a CV. Disgusting the amount who are snubbing job applicants now.
Posted By: j_demo Re: vacancies available - 3rd Aug 2012 1:21pm
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
All very well, but it would be even more well if the employers and agencies bothered to reply to a CV. Disgusting the amount who are snubbing job applicants now.

companies are getting on average 200 applicants PER JOB, to shortlist that to 10 interviewees, with all the paperwork that involves, try doing more peperwork to tell 190+ others they were unlucky, hence why in the job descriptions/ads it generally says "if you haven't heard from us by such a date, presume you were rejected" or something along them lines.
Posted By: SUExx Re: vacancies available - 3rd Aug 2012 3:40pm
There isnt much paper work involved in letting people know by e mail. In my book if people take the time to apply then the company should show some manners and say, thanks for taking the time to apply but in this instance you werent successful.
Its bad enough when you get a no, but MUCH worse when you nothing at all.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: vacancies available - 3rd Aug 2012 4:49pm
I agree totally Sue, I've watched my 3 daughters all going through this situation, there is nothing worse than sitting waiting for a response and getting nothing.
Most places let you apply by sending your CV via e-mail so why can't they just click reply to your e-mail, even if it is a thanks but no thanks !!
Posted By: Wench Re: vacancies available - 3rd Aug 2012 8:40pm
It still takes time to send 100's of emails out, which has to be done by someone who could be doing something else. Time is money and all that jazz.

If it says "if you don't hear by xx/xx/xxxx, you've been unsuccessful" then that's enough really.

JMPO of course smile
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 7:33pm
Just 200 applicants per job? I would have thought it was considerably more than that - more like 500+ per job! I have lost count of all the jobs I have applied for and have rarely received a reply. Disgusting!
Posted By: reddragon Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 8:00pm
any chance that one day jobneeded67 you can post without complaning bout the lack of replies from employers there are many more people in the same boat throughout the world
Posted By: SUExx Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 8:07pm
Take no notice jobneeded, i agree with you.
Its called manners, something thats like jobs these days...non existent.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 8:14pm
Jobneeded76, There is no way any company will reply to all unsuccessful applicants, its a waste of their time and resources and could go against an ISO accreditation they may have achieved for being a GREEN Company.

Its common sense that if you haven't heard within 14 days of the closing date then you haven't got the Job. You shouldn't need, or even deserve, a letter informing you of yet another rejection. Just get on with more applications, or do what Nethanderthal man had to do - Go and bring your own Meat home and don't expect it on a plate.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 8:19pm
Originally Posted by SUExx
Take no notice jobneeded, i agree with you.
Its called manners, something thats like jobs these days...non existent.

There are no manners in business unless it benefits the business itself. Why should they respond and add to their already growing expenses just to be polite? when all you are to them is a bit of paper and after reading the bit paper they feel you unfit for the role you applied for anyway.... Get with it its 2012.
Posted By: SUExx Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 8:41pm
I dont understand some of you people. My son has just applied for a job through the internet, the company DID reply to say they had recieved his cv and that if he didnt hear from them in two weeks he wasnt sucessfull. Now its very rare that happens,and its nice to know that some appreciate you taking the time to apply.

It works other ways as well, i along with many others went for a internal interview the other week at work. We will let you no next week they said, two weeks later and no one has heard a thing. The story going round is some people where off so havent had their interview yet, but instead of e mailing to say what the hold up is nothing has been said .Its so fustrating all this hanging round wondering whats going on and i already work there.
Posted By: Zubee Re: vacancies available - 9th Aug 2012 9:17pm
I can see both sides to this. In January (just before the company I worked for went spectaculary bust in March) we advertised for an office junior. I received over 100 applications for this ranging from school leavers to university grads to redunadant accountants. I barely had time to read all of their CVs' let alone respond to them individually. I know how some of you feel about this but I genuinely didn't have the time.

I'm now on the other side of the fence and have applied for around 80 jobs since March. I think I've received 10 repsonses with about half of these being just an email acknowledgement of receipt of CV.

To be honest I don't really want to hear from them unless it's to offer me an interview, I think this is preferable to having a hard copy of 80 odd rejection letters!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral