Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 10:52am
Has anybody here completed the BT online test for the Liverpool Customer Service Agent jobs? It's the one where, firstly, you have to do a spot the difference between two lots of numbers and letters, and then you have to complete an untimed typing test.

I have just completed it, thought it was pretty easy - but then was VERY disappointed to receive an automated result back, within minutes, informing me that I was unsuccessful. I did ring BT this morning, but they couldn't give me any feedback. I suspect it may have been the timed exercise I failed on, as my typing is very fast and accurate.

What do you all think? And how can I pick myself up from this disappointment?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 11:00am
Pick up the phone and tell Mahatma Cote in Poona that you didn't want the job anyway. Then go for a Lunchtime O'Booze !!

Seriously though, keep at it. There's a job with your name on it out there !
Posted By: Sammy1969 Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 11:03am
Could you post the link to the website please.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 11:10am
Thank you for your reply and the well wishes. Yeah, as I say, it was disappointing to be told by an automated reply that they were not taking my application any further (I HATE those types of messages, as I am sure most job hunters do!), especially when I thought I'd done pretty well. It must have been the timed test, where you had to identify which pair were identical and which weren't.

Ah well, never mind . . . the job hunt goes on.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 11:30am
We reply faster than MSE, huh? =p

What's your word per minute when typing accurately? Try this test here: http://www.typingtest.com/ (do english, 1 minute, test instructions)

And yeah, linking to the application would be cool.
Posted By: sparky Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 11:47am
Just tried the typing test and got 42 words per minute. I have put the website on my favourites so I can keep practising, thanks ex0
Posted By: j_demo Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 12:59pm
42WPM?? i just got 107 xD (i suppose that's part of my job though, being a medical-secretary)

but in reply to the opening post: go the pub
Posted By: philmch Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 5:59pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Pick up the phone and tell Mahatma Cote in Poona that you didn't want the job anyway. Then go for a Lunchtime O'Booze !!

Seriously though, keep at it. There's a job with your name on it out there !

Well put Pinzgauer sir. For heaven's sake if they don't even have the decency to speak to you and call you in for a chat then tell them to stick their crappy call centre jobs up their collective posterior.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 9th May 2012 6:41pm
Got 72wpm, must be slowing down in my old age. Bit of practice and I'd soon get it up again though.

Good luck with the job hunt, had similar treatment when I applied for the Census overseers job. "What have you done before?" "11 years Navy, 23 years RAF." "Have you done any team work?" I don't know where they get these examination board people from. Oh, and I didn't get the job.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: BT Liverpool Jobs and Online Test - 10th May 2012 12:48am
I can certainly empathise with you here. There is far too much emphasis now by these employers on "team work". That's all you ever bleedin' hear from them: "team work, team work blah blah blah." Whatever happened to the good old days of more sensible recruiting, when you just had the interview with the manager in his office and he judged your suitability for the job on the strength of the interview alone? Sadly, with all this technical multiple-questioning app forms, I don't those days will ever return.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral