Forums
Posted By: louise127 PPI - 21st Jan 2012 10:32am
Good Morning Wirral folk, has anyone got any feedback on companies that claim you can get PPI mis-sold money back, I had a phone call last week and they claimed they could get me money back from a morgage I took out 16 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard of nayone actually getting money back but thought I just chuck it out there and see if anyone else has............before I sign anything

Have a lovely day
Posted By: insanekitty Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 10:37am
Good Morning Louise

I personally wouldnt use any company to sort this out as their fees tend to be a bit on the high side.
If you go to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk they have all the details you would need to do everything yourself.

Hope this helps

Steve
Posted By: 47fld Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 10:47am
yes there are many companys claiming back ppi for you I know of 4 people who have had a lot of money back but they charge you up to 30% you only pay them when the money is in your bank....what have you got to loose
Posted By: StuyMac Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 11:11am
Ive got a company called Consumer Net recovering some for me.

Wouldnt recommend them, 10 months now, and still on-going sleep
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 12:40pm
We used a company to claim back on current CC. We got a substantial amount back. However it cost us %25 plus charges. But still probably wouldn't of tried ourselves if we had not got the call. I am now trying to claim on an old mortgage myself. You can download the form on Banks webpage.
Posted By: micsey Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 1:00pm
people you dont need these companies at all,just send a good letter,or get a mate or citizens advice to word one for you i could open one of these companies up today and so could you all they do is write to your card company? why would you give them 30 to 40% to do what you can do for free,thats why this country is on its kness with this a payday load shit!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 2:42pm
Originally Posted by insanekitty
Good Morning Louise

I personally wouldnt use any company to sort this out as their fees tend to be a bit on the high side.
If you go to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk they have all the details you would need to do everything yourself.

Hope this helps

Steve
Thanks hi
Posted By: ASE71 Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 4:54pm
Originally Posted by micsey
people you dont need these companies at all,just send a good letter,or get a mate or citizens advice to word one for you i could open one of these companies up today and so could you all they do is write to your card company? why would you give them 30 to 40% to do what you can do for free,thats why this country is on its kness with this a payday load shit!!!!!!!!

withthat

Posted By: Tina21 Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 4:59pm
hi there;about your ppi's go to the place you got your morgages from,eg; bank, now phone coustomer services,and just ask to have there ppi phone number,this way they do the work, you get all ya money no messin,tsb.you call it takes 8-10 days for a letter,to say there lookin in to it,then you get your amount with in 12-16 weeks you will get this info; in your letter,Dont wish for loads,barkleys pay out is about £300-£600,tsb's is £350 -£1000,not sure about others
Posted By: missj Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 7:31pm
Every PPI is different as it depends how much you've actually paid into it so to make a broad statement regarding payout is misleading. I think you mean a "Goodwill Gesture payout" which is basically a claim without the provider admitting misselling but stops you claiming the actual monies you have paid in over the years at a later date! Be careful of accepting low offers til you've made a rough calculation of what you've paid in (+8% interest which may or may not be applied as it's discretionary)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

This site will provide you with all the information you need and even the standard letters used to make a claim - and it wont cost you a single penny! Any insurance policy (Credit card, loan, HP agreement etc) which you've been sold or has been attached to your finance agreement either with or without your knowledge is potentially missold and therefore potentially a claim. It might cost you a couple of pounds (usually £1.00 for each account) to get access to all your old agreements but you could claim thousands. There is a time limit though so not all accounts/loans will payout but it's worth a try! Good luck.

oh and by the way, if your account has been taken over by a debt collection company or if you've got an arrangement to pay off with the finance company or bank, still apply as it'll either be offered to you or taken off your debt. In some cases you can plead a "hardship" case as usually its the cost of these policies that make repayments too high to repay. In other words, the PPI got you into financial difficulty in the first place!!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: PPI - 21st Jan 2012 10:35pm
Also whilst you are at it, ask the bank for a copy of your original Agreement. If they cant provide it, then they have lost it as happens with thousands.

No proof of agreement = no court action if you don't repay the loan as they don't have a leg to stand on. This doesn't work with credit cards though as there is a transaction history, only with loans.
Posted By: Salmon Re: PPI - 22nd Jan 2012 12:21am
As I understand it the maximum lead time is 10 years so if you are talking 16 years you may be too late but as others have said your bets approach is the original lender and don't touch the sharks who will take at least 25% of your entitlement.
Posted By: leboo Re: PPI - 22nd Jan 2012 4:53am
learn Morning Wiki's , glad iv came. Across this, as one you good wiki's could settle an arguement concerning PPI's.
Does this also apply to Items, bought from company iE,'Perfect Homes' on HP /with cover insurance. For acciendtal damage+service maintiance..ect oh + with no claims on needing to access these insurance covered services? Much +many thanks for any info.
P.S GOOD LUCK Louise127 . wink x
Posted By: lizzie271 Re: PPI - 22nd Jan 2012 3:12pm
Hi Louise,I had a similar phone call a few months ago,same as yours, i had a morgage more than 25 years ago, they called me ,told me i had a case,they rang have you received the paperwork? next day have you any problems?I signed the form,but did not read the small print!!!!!!!!!!!!A very nice man rang a couple of days later,by time he finished talking I owed 240-00 POUNDS,SO PLEASE READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT BEFORE SIGNING. GOOD LUCK
REGARDS
Posted By: delta6 Re: PPI - 23rd Jan 2012 8:16am
do it yourself.
i claimed for 3 different PPI's and got paid out by all three within 4 months.
pm me with your email address and i'll email you the form that i used - or you can find it on the net on moneysavingsexpert.com
i got just over £2500 in total.
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: PPI - 28th Feb 2012 6:24pm
While we are on the subject of claiming back stuff has anyone had an email from solicitors about claiming back over paid council tax?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral