Forums
Posted By: Nomad Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 4:48pm
After a few months out of work I am in the lucky postion of having two confirmed offers of work

The bad news is that they are only till christmas and through agencies

The good news is that they are jobs and pay more than the dole

One is due to start next wednesday and the agency had reduced the rate, I am sure they were trying it on and was going to have a moan about it.

The second starts tomorrow morning

So me a very happy bunny
Posted By: sparky Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 4:49pm
This is great news, good luck
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 4:54pm
Congrats nomad, your on the ladder now I'm sure you will get more work from the agency clap
Posted By: Nomad Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 4:55pm
Have to tell one agency tomorrow that I am now not able to accept there job.

Nomad
Posted By: Nomad Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 4:58pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Congrats nomad, your on the ladder now I'm sure you will get more work from the agency clap

I am registered with a lot of agencies. the more the merrier
Well done great news for you
Great news nomad
Aww brilliant! Well done grin
Congratulations - may the force be with you.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 10:15pm
You wait ages then two come along at once.

I'm with 9 or 10 agencies, they have not offered a thing in two years, despite calling.
I've seen them advertise jobs at places where someone I knew worked - the position didn't exist, it was just a phishing scheme to get more people in. If you're out of work, the worst thing is getting messed around by these crooked amateurs.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 1st Dec 2011 10:57pm
I am registered with about thirty agencies, none from the wirral or local area .

I have a contract phone so have lots of minutes of call time, which I use to plague them - just waiting for the restraining orders.

Agencies are a double edged sword

You are able to walk into a job the very next day

The bad bit is that you have no real rights

Nomad
Posted By: rocks Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 2nd Dec 2011 8:59am
great news nomad smile
Well done nomad thumbsup
Posted By: Wench Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 2nd Dec 2011 2:25pm
Well done you wink I'm proud of you! Don't forget the you know what if you can raftl
Posted By: Nomad Re: Got 2 jobs!! within last hour!! after months - 2nd Dec 2011 9:53pm
Now in the south west of Ireland, by limerick

Working eleven hours a day. with no day off. (Get it while you can)

Popped into pub for a bite to eat and a Guiness and got talking to a Bishop!!

Well off to bed now up early tomorrow

Mery christmas everyone

Nomad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral