Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 12:43am
What do you all think of these ignorant bosses who don't reply to job applications?

As regards what I think of them - well, my words be so vehemently angry as to be just unprintable here! But you all know what I mean, don't you?

Ignorant shower, these HR bosses!
Posted By: Shambo Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 6:24am
Although there's too many people chasing too few jobs at the moment, they do seem to be particularly bad for it around here. I moved back around to the Wirral about 5 years ago because I thought the local economy had picked up, however recent economic events have wiped all those gains out, and were left with something resembling the dark days of the early eighties, (with the added ignominy of a new, younger, right-wing working class spouting idioms that would make a nazi blush). With the wonders of hindsight, I should have stayed put and just visited the family at Christmas.

Even before now I've always been amazed at the callousness of some employers around here, treating their staff with utter contempt and constantly trying to rip them off, safe in the knowledge that if somebody doesn't like the pay or working conditions, there's plenty of other people desperate to lose the stigma of 'dole ...', who'll try to do the work.

I know this from personal experience when I went from being an in demand head chef and area manager in Bristol, to being a burger flippin' minimum wage monkey on merseyside practically overnight. Some places seem to just accept their recruitment policy looking like a giant revolving door as the norm. They haven't realised that the absolute finest asset a company can have is good staff... they get frustrated, their employees get frustrated, their customers get shoddy service and basically nobody wins. The people who stand on the sidelines and jeer 'boo hoo' and 'a job's a job' don't help as they're undermining all the workers around them, and although it may not be immediately apparent, ultimately their own power in the job market.

I was going to write you a quick paragraph to cheer you up, but I seem to be standing on my soapbox, I'll get down now. Chin up, something will come along soon.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 6:50am
Here we go again another string of rants over your experiences in the jobs market, sorry but have you ever thought it might actually be your attitude that is preventing employers from taking you on?
Posted By: rocks Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 7:22am
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Here we go again another string of rants over your experiences in the jobs market, sorry but have you ever thought it might actually be your attitude that is preventing employers from taking you on?

withthat
and breeeaath
Originally Posted by Shambo

Even before now I've always been amazed at the callousness of some employers around here, treating their staff with utter contempt and constantly trying to rip them off, safe in the knowledge that if somebody doesn't like the pay or working conditions, there's plenty of other people desperate to lose the stigma of 'dole ...', who'll try to do the work.

I know this from personal experience when I went from being an in demand head chef and area manager in Bristol, to being a burger flippin' minimum wage monkey on merseyside practically overnight. Some places seem to just accept their recruitment policy looking like a giant revolving door as the norm. They haven't realised that the absolute finest asset a company can have is good staff... they get frustrated, their employees get frustrated, their customers get shoddy service and basically nobody wins. The people who stand on the sidelines and jeer 'boo hoo' and 'a job's a job' don't help as they're undermining all the workers around them, and although it may not be immediately apparent, ultimately their own power in the job market.

Spot on there Shambo. Although Jobneeded's constant posting is quite tiring it does underline a deeper problem. The labour market is so much in favour of business as opposed to workers. This is bad for society. And Thatcher and the Tories' wet dream.

People should stand up for each other, demand better wages and conditions for ourselves and future generations. Stop coming out with crap like "a jobs a job" etc. Join a Trade Union or political movement fighting for a better world. The Anti-capitalist movement in St Paul's Square in London is a good start.

We should stop being sheep and stand up together. Get off your knees Britain.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:23am
WHAT???? "My attitude"?? You're joking, aren't you?

On the contrary, it is the attitude of the EMPLOYERS who are making it difficult to get a job. They don't reply, they are too fussy, inconsiderate, etc.

I could go on, but I don't want to run the risk of irking the Bee-in-bonnet Brigade again.

I can take comfort in the fact that most unemployed and right-thinking people sympathise with my case, and thankfully those who shout down people like me are in the minority!

Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:28am
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
WHAT???? "My attitude"?? You're joking, aren't you?

On the contrary, it is the attitude of the EMPLOYERS who are making it difficult to get a job. They don't reply, they are too fussy, inconsiderate, etc.

I could go on, but I don't want to run the risk of irking the Bee-in-bonnet Brigade again.

I can take comfort in the fact that most unemployed and right-thinking people sympathise with my case, and thankfully those who shout down people like me are in the minority!

I've got a job for you.........get a job! Look at the job center web site, new shops opening, Christmas Jobs......stop moaning.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:32am
Hi Shambo. Thanks for your comments. It's reassuring to know that you are one of the vast majority of people who sympathise with my case - unlike the minority here, who seem to think that if you say the slightest thing about the misery of being jobless, you are an unnecessary moaner (which is an utterly STUPID line to take).

I agree with you that Wirral is particularly bad for unemployment, and don't blame you for wanting to move away from the place. Jobs here are like gold. I would like to get out of the poverty hole here myself, but there is the problem of finding suitable accommodation and which area to go to improve my chances of a job. Being unemployed day in and day out is absolute HELL, and it is particularly bad with Christmas fast approaching and you have no money to buy presents etc.

These narrow-minded individuals on here who spout utter claptrap that it is MY ATTITUDE that is putting off employers want to get real and start looking around them, assimilate the true dire situation in this area. These people obviously have little understanding of what it is like to be out of work, and trying every day and night for a job, and meeting with either knock backs or no replies at all. They should listen to what good, right-thinking people like yourself have to say about unemployment, instead of being so quick to [censored] off a genuine, sensible, decent jobseeker. Anyway, enough said on those narrow-minded individuals, as the more I think about them, the more angry I get.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply. It was much appreciated.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:35am
raftl ahahahahaaaaa
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:37am
I agree wholeheartedly with Jobneeded67 but I don't so much mind the lack of replies but do object to being strung along for weeks told a load of bullshit, so much so that I do all I can to avoid dealing or contributing to these concerns I speak primarily of a certain outfit now operating in New Brighton. As luck would have it I now have a better position with a rival and guess what they will enjoy the benefits of my loyalty, effort and experience.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:39am
With you 100% mate. I've noticed it's the same little group who just can't help but make negative comments. Good luck with the job hunting mate and just ignore the negatives.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:46am
Before you start jumping to misconceived and shallow conclusions again about my job hunting misery, I suggest you take some time to read this article about the mass amount of applicants for the Royal Mail jobs:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/more-80-000-apply-xmas-mail-jobs-064008196.htm

FACT (as Simon Cowell would say).

You would be well advised to pay particular attention to the post by Worked F'r Me!

Thank you.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:49am
Thanks, Pepper_Head. Again, it's good to know that the majority of right-thinking people agree with my points.

I just posted a very interesting news item on the huge amount of applicants for the Royal Mail jobs. Here is the link:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/more-80-000-apply-xmas-mail-jobs-064008196.html

I suggested to those narrow-minded who are too quick to shout down genuine unemployed people to read this article and assimilate the dire reality it conveys.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:49am
post office four apply for one job = not that many!

When I employed in Birkenhead we had 80+ applicatnts for one job & no I didn't reply to every single one but I did keep them on file.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:50am
Cheers. Very glad to hear you got a job. I wish you well for the future. You certainly deserve it.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:54am
You crack me up jobneeded, I think we should open a thread just for you raftl
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:58am
Have you not read my previous posts? I do ALL of that, and more. And I don't need to tell you how the majority of these employers respond - or, more generally, do NOT respond!

Do you not realise just how scant the amount of jobs are here on poverty-stricken Wirral?? Where have you been living for the past few years? Do you not read all the jobs boards that are brimming with THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of messages from other jobseekers who are encountering the same sort of difficulties that I am encountering???

I would suggest that rather running the risk of falling into the narrow-minded minority who are under the sad misconception that genuine jobseekers like us are not trying hard enough, you would be well advised to start reading the jobs forums which abound on the web, and assimilate the cases of all the other legions of job hunters. Believe me, they certainly highlight just how bad the unemployment situation is these days.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 10:59am
With so many people chasing jobs, I think employers should really say in their ads, 'if you haven't heard within three weeks of the closing date for applications you're unsuccessful' or something similar. Sending 'sorry' letters to unsuccessful applicants is a very expensive exercise, and I can understand employers wanting to avoid it, particularly smaller enterprises. I can also understand the frustration of waiting for a letter that never comes, though.... these are tough times for job-seekers.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 11:01am
Originally Posted by Greenwood
With so many people chasing jobs, I think employers should really say in their ads, 'if you haven't heard within three weeks of the closing date for applications you're unsuccessful' or something similar. Sending 'sorry' letters to unsuccessful applicants is a very expensive exercise, and I can understand employers wanting to avoid it, particularly smaller enterprises. I can also understand the frustration of waiting for a letter that never comes, though.... these are tough times for job-seekers.

withthat
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 11:02am
You are so right.

Some of the employers, but not many, do actually say that if you haven't heard anything from us by such-and-such a time, you can deem that your application was unsuccessful. I suppose it's small consolation, but at least they put you in the picture and, in the process, give you a sad forewarning of just how difficult it is for you to even get an interview.

Like most jobseekers, I keep hoping every day that the economy will get better. However, each time I see on the news about more job cuts and more recession forecasts, my hopes drop just that little bit more.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 11:10am
Don't know what you're on about, mate.

Think you're on the wrong forum, aren't you?

To judge by your rather strange comments, you are probably in a good job and, as such, have no real understanding or sympathy for the unemployed.

Wasting my time here with you, methinks.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 11:12am
Don't know what you're on about, mate.

Think you're on the wrong forum, aren't you?

To judge by your rather strange comments, you are probably in a good job and, as such, have no real understanding or sympathy for the unemployed.

Wasting my time here with you, methinks.

No, please, carry on, I find you entertaining smile

Have you had an interview at the job house place by any chance?
Posted By: ickymicky Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 3:23pm
I know what you're going through, happened to me about 8 years ago, eventually I cut my losses and started applying for jobs I was too qualified for, didn't even hear from most of them!
Ultimately ended up working for about £5k less than I could've got but work's work isn't it? Still at the same place now, only they paid for me to train to a higher level and once I'd achieved that I got a promotion too.
Guess what I'm sayin is hang in there, something'll come up, and if companies/people don't reply, they obviously aren't the type of place you want to work in anyway.(Not considering the thoughts and feelings of others)
Posted By: Sickboy Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 29th Oct 2011 3:35pm
You should post your CV here and every job you've applied for. Maybe then people would have a bit more sympathy for you.
No, but I've had an interview for The X Factor (lol). Needless to say, I didn't get it.

What is it worth this people that they can't recognise star quality when they see it? (lol).
Ever heard of the wise recommondation not to divulge too much personal info on line?

Anyway, people shouldn't need to see my entire life history to feel sympathy for me. Any sensible, right-thinking person only has to read my posts to get a good idea of what I am going through. Fact.
Ever heard of the wise recommondation not to divulge too much personal info on line?

Anyway, people shouldn't need to see my entire life history to feel sympathy for me. Any sensible, right-thinking person only has to read my posts to get a good idea of what I am going through. Fact.

Do you know what you're putting us through reading this turd every day from you! seeyu
Originally Posted by paulph1972

Do you know what you're putting us through reading this turd every day from you! seeyu

Don't read it then, simples.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 30th Oct 2011 2:17pm
My son in law was finished up a couple of months ago and is really brassed off with applying for jobs and getting no response.He went to the jobcentre the other day for an "interview" and was told there was funding for courses etc. He said he would change career direction and do HGV, and was met with "oh you cant do that your not an HGV driver!!!! when he said he would look at advancing on his current skills he was told he would have to move and train in Bradford!. My husband was out of work a few years ago and the non response thing went on then so its not a "new thing". I agree it wouldn't harm for job adverts to say "if you haven't heard within 3 weeks etc etc". On the other hand the place I work for always answer job applications even if they are speculative letters, however, my employer is in the minority.
Posted By: stuiecool Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 30th Oct 2011 3:01pm
My girlfriend has been job hunting lately and as she is in and out of work with temping agencies. She is looking for something more permanent and full time hours but most employees these days dont like giving people full time contracts so that they aren't committed to keeping staff on.

Anyway she had an interview with the new Vodaphone shop in birkenhead, she went all the way to Liverpool for the interview and took a day off work and they didn't even have the decency to call her back and tell her that she didn't get the job or give her a bit of constructive feedback. I can understand that when employers recieve hundreds of cv's that they can't always reply but when someone has taken time to go to an interview I think its just discraceful. I have noticed that she is not the only person that this has been happening to as well.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 30th Oct 2011 3:17pm

Its refreshing to see that there are members on here who do understand how soul destroying it is trying to get a job, even a interview or any kind of response from employers when you have taken the time and trouble TO ANSWER THEIR JOB VACANCY.

Most employers know that in this day and age that they are going to get lots of people applying, so why dont they just say if you dont hear from us by the so and so date you have not been successfull, easy really.
It seems that common sense and decency along with respect is very much lacking in our society these days.
Believe me, as its happening now in some jobs, in years to come no one will be getting paid for doing their jobs as very one will be a volunteer worker and the only ones being paid will be the fat cat bosses.

Posted By: rachrads Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 31st Oct 2011 10:54am
My son sent off 35 C'V's two weeks ago and hasn't heard a thing frown he is only 17 so with no experience it's worse for him. He is willing to do anything (his words) He is working voluntary for my brother on occasions to gain experience and is also in the Police Cadets but even that doesn't seem to help him. Times are hard so those being negative really have no idea about the real world frown
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 31st Oct 2011 12:46pm
with the powers of the internet.They can not even replay to your email thanking you for your application.I Had sent 5 letter of in post and sent 2 by email.Yet that was 2 weeks ago.I went to the jobcentre to sign on i was ask what i was doing looking for work and did i have any proof i was looking for work.errrrrrrrrrm how can you proof your looking for work when these company do not reply to you.
Posted By: louise127 Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 31st Oct 2011 12:54pm
Hiya

If you PM me i can give you my email adress and you can send me your cv, Im a Personal Adviser I work with people tring to get back into work normally after an illness, but it wouldn't do any harm to get another opinion.

L
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 31st Oct 2011 12:55pm
Go there, voice your concerns to them.
It's not fair.
Originally Posted by louise127
Hiya

If you PM me i can give you my email adress and you can send me your cv, Im a Personal Adviser I work with people tring to get back into work normally after an illness, but it wouldn't do any harm to get another opinion.

L

Nice one
And do YOU know what YOU are putting ME through with your cold-hearted, shallow, insensitive comments?

You - and all the other ineffably unsympathetic posters here - have probably never known what it is like to be out of work. Thus, as such, you just regard all unemployed people as stereotypical moaners.

You couldn't be more wrong.
Hi stuiecool. You made some good points there (all you narrow-minded moaners at us unemployed, take note!). Very sorry to hear about your girl's unfortunate experience after her job interview. I think it is disgusting when these employers don't even have the decency to reply, especially when want feedback too. Sadly, this detestable, inconsiderate practice seems to be coming more and more prevalent these days. Makes you hate these employers, doesn't it?

If there were not so many people out of work, they could not afford to be so choosy.
Rachrads, very sorry to hear about your son. And yes, you are right about those negative ones on here who don't seem to understand what the unemployed go through. They should get real!

Posted By: ex0__ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 31st Oct 2011 7:09pm
You couldn't be more wrong.

Your posts are kinda proving us right ..

Must suck that you aren't working but constant threads moaning about the same thing over and over are just really annoying.

Yes, most companies don't reply to CV/failed applicants. It sucks, we've all been there. Get over it and keep sending them out.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 31st Oct 2011 7:11pm
Rachrads, very sorry to hear about your son. And yes, you are right about those negative ones on here who don't seem to understand what the unemployed go through. They should get real!

your statement

"They should get real!"
is so out of place yes I for one do sympathise over your lack of employment Jobneeded but do you honestly realise how much PAIN you are causing to others out of work and SEARCHING for work with your constant yes constant moaning about the lack of forthcoming jobs, the lack of replies you are not getting,its 2011 not 1970's in the 70's employers did reply but times have changed. Try to think of all those unemployed people searching who do not need to read your moans.
To all those people of all employable ages searching for work I say good luck to you all and hope you find something soon
rant over.
I spent 3 months on Jobseekers allowance, and in that time I applied for over 200+ jobs, and heard back from about 6 of them. I think it's really bad how employers dont get back to people that have applied. My father is a manager and I know he goes through each CV with a fine toothed comb, and I know he emails everyone that sends applications in.

I do wish other managers and employers would make contact, but then again - it only shows the company have no respect - and would you want to work for them knowing that???
Originally Posted by reddragon
your statement

"They should get real!"
is so out of place yes I for one do sympathise over your lack of employment Jobneeded but do you honestly realise how much PAIN you are causing to others out of work and SEARCHING for work with your constant yes constant moaning about the lack of forthcoming jobs, the lack of replies you are not getting,its 2011 not 1970's in the 70's employers did reply but times have changed. Try to think of all those unemployed people searching who do not need to read your moans.
To all those people of all employable ages searching for work I say good luck to you all and hope you find something soon
rant over.

After such a positive post all that remains is for me to post
the 'Samaritans' phone number for jobneeded and all the other depressed and demoralised job seekers.

Samaritans 08457 90 90 90

For callers who can’t afford the cost of a call, Samaritans accept reverse charge calls from landline and mobile telephones and also from telephone call boxes. Additionally, callers can also ask us to call them back and then the cost of the call is paid for by Samaritans.

Gothic Angel, your father deserves a big, appreciating pat on the back for being so respectful and considerate when perusing CVs. It is only good manners to treat job applicants so.

Pity other employers didn't follow his example. If they did, there would be less cause to complain on this forum, and the bears-with-sore-heads (thankfully, a small minority) would have less cause to shout down poor, unemployed people!
Less cause to complain? You're the only one complaining tease
Don't you think I have every reason to complain, the way these employers are treating us job applicants??
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 4th Nov 2011 12:23am
Don't you think

No.

Stop bitching.
If employers are advertising job vacancies then its a sign that they already consider themselves understaffed, where are they going to get the manpower from to do all these replies. Also in these hard times how are they going to finance it?

With the silly rules the job centre have of forcing people to apply for a number of jobs every week, this exacerbates the quantity of applications unnecessarily, many of which may not be serious contenders or are not suitable.

I'm fairly sure the job centre will provide stationary and stamps to include a SAE with your application which may improve your chances of getting a response (perhaps include a proforma for a response as well), this may even impress the employer to the extent of taking you as a good candidate.
Don't you think I have every reason to complain, the way these employers are treating us job applicants??

I have every sympathy for those people searching for jobs in this crappy economy of ours. We need a massive job creation programme right across the country. Jobs with decent pay, training and pensions etc.

But your constant moaning and complaining on this site isn't exactly making people sympathetic to your particular plight. Just keep this to one thread. Stop starting a new thread every few minutes just to repeat the same rants over and over again ad infinitum.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 4th Nov 2011 12:35am
I keep a spreadsheet of my job search, when I send a cv I always call to make sure that its been received then on the spreadsheet I put down details of what I did plus the email address, telephone number and name of contact, I then flag it to chase up in say a weeks time.
So come the following week I have all the info to hand

AS for the DHSS they accept this and if they want to check they are welcome as everything is clearly list

Does it help get me a job? No, but it makes life easier for me.

Nomad
Nomad, way to much time on your hands!
Posted By: Nomad Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 5th Nov 2011 1:24pm
lol, it does not take long to set up a spread sheet, and when I am doing my "have you got a job?" phone calls then all the infomation is in front of me

Nomad
Originally Posted by Touchstone

I have every sympathy for those people searching for jobs in this crappy economy of ours. We need a massive job creation programme right across the country. Jobs with decent pay, training and pensions etc.

But your constant moaning and complaining on this site isn't exactly making people sympathetic to your particular plight. Just keep this to one thread. Stop starting a new thread every few minutes just to repeat the same rants over and over again ad infinitum.

Agree entirely Touchstone.

Jobneeded - my daughter is in exactly the same position as you, except she gets occasional interviews with no subsequent job offer. This is probably worse, getting so near yet so far, but she's doing something about it by going on all the many courses available through the Job Centre. However, if she feels like a good rant she'll do it with friends and family, not the world at large.

You've got to think if they did reply to every letter they got they would be bankrupt with in two months.

put it this way 50 people go on a course say TNG say out of that 50 30 want retail jobs, then it's put in the paper and 300 more people go for it, and then you've got 200/300 people the job center send for it on top of that you get people who send spec letters.

so at the end of the day they are not going to send over 600 letters out saying sorry you've not got the job, sorry but it true.

if you want a reply why not put a S.A.E. in with the letter you send wink
Goodluck with your job search jobneeded!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 5th Nov 2011 5:25pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
You've got to think if they did reply to every letter they got they would be bankrupt with in two months.

QFT

Franked mail costs 39p per 'you didn't get the job' not including the stationary used and the time it takes to write/print the letter. I'm not sure why you'd even need a letter, if you don't hear from us you didn't get the job. Is this not obvious?
Posted By: SUExx Re: Bosses Who Don't Reply To Job Applications - 5th Nov 2011 5:33pm
Most job applications are on line ones, it costs nothing to send a email back to say thanks but no thanks, if someone has taken the time to spend three hours filling the hundreds of questions in on the application form then 2mins to reply to each applicante is nothing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral