Forums
I was disgusted to hear on tonight's SKY News that some American employers are refusing to offer unemployed people a job, and instead are only taking on those who are already working. This is disgusting!

Yet another sad indication of the cold hearted, arrogant, impassive attitudes a lot of these employers are displaying now towards poor unemployed people.
Unbelievable.
They should be forced to only employ the unemployed, that would solve a substantial amount of problems.
Some people are unemployed for a reason.

Forcing employers to take on only the unemployed is unfair on those with jobs who might fancy a change.

They could do it in a way where they have to employ a certain percentage of unemployed.
They only have to vet the unemployed to find suitable candidates.
They should employ the best person for the job regardless of their current situation
Why does it matter? If you paid attention to the Morrisons thread you'd see that in this country, where it's relevant to you, they were actually 'favouring' the unemployed. Like I said on your last thread, employers don't have any duty to you, they can hire who they like!
Originally Posted by AX_125
They should employ the best person for the job regardless of their current situation

withthat
Posted By: SUExx Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 26th Sep 2011 11:31am
Originally Posted by AlexB

Yes cos they were made redundant

Forcing employers to take on only the unemployed is unfair on those with jobs who might fancy a change.

and also unfair to people who were made redundant.

If the employed person gets the job then their original job (in most cases) becomes available... so a job therefore is still available...
Originally Posted by SUExx

Yes cos they were made redundant

and also unfair to people who were made redundant.

Unfair to people who were made redundant, my arse.

Everyone should have the same opportunities to get a job and in general they do. Basing it on whether you're unemployed or not is a ridiculous idea. How on earth are people meant to swap jobs? Get themselves sacked on purpose?

smack
This is not an ideal situation and it shouldn't happen this way, but strangely, i've always found it easier to get a job when i am already in employment. Maybe the employer looks at someone already working as 'reliable' as they're already holding down a job? God only knows.
I suppose as was said before, the knock on effect of another job becoming available is the only plus point to this situation.

Ha ha ha, this is funny, and brought on by yourselves.

People spend so much time slagging off the unemployed, how they're lazy, scrounging, unreliable, drug taking, alcohol swilling, Jeremy Kyle candidates, and generally good for nothings.

Then when employers take in your wingeing and decide to save their recruitment resources and go for solid reliable, have proved they can get up in the morning, dependable, respectable, who they think probably have controllable substance abuse habits, and who have proved they can turn up for work.

Guess what, you all start wingeing again. No wonder those unemployed who actually want a job haven't got a chance.

Hahahaha ride em cowboy! laugh

Everyone has their own opinions, I still think my idea is best tho laugh
Originally Posted by Stegga
<snip, snip>... I suppose as was said before, the knock on effect of another job becoming available is the only plus point to this situation.
Actually no, not necessarily at all, often these days, when a person leaves one job for another job, they are not replaced ("natural wastage", they call it). As to employers being expected to favour applicants who are currently unemployed, that has never happened and probably never will. Employers have a legal requirement to hire the best person for the job. Not to do so, would leave them wide open to charges of violating Equal Opportunity legislation, allegations of discrimination, etc etc.
This is not an ideal situation and it shouldn't happen this way, but strangely, i've always found it easier to get a job when i am already in employment.

Nothing strange about it. It's a fact that it's easier to get a job when you have a job.
Originally Posted by _Ste_
I still think my idea is best tho laugh

Find someone who doesn't mate. We all do.
Posted By: Wench Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 26th Sep 2011 11:21pm
If it's in the States, does it matter? Why should I care what the Septics do think
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 27th Sep 2011 12:23am
This is not an ideal situation and it shouldn't happen this way, but strangely, i've always found it easier to get a job when i am already in employment.

Nothing strange about it. It's a fact that it's easier to get a job when you have a job.

Your 100% right but it doesn't solve any real problems does it?
[quote=Wench]If it's in the States, does it matter?

Alot if other countries follow suit, then that means all people who have been made redundant through no fault of their own will never stand a chance,then that becomes discrimination against the unemployed.
Posted By: Wench Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 27th Sep 2011 10:42am
Sue - that's all well and good, but at the moment it's about the States, not here. IF it starts happening here to that extent then fair enough, I might get a bit riled. As things stand, I don't see the point as I live here. If that makes sense think

*just for the record, I was made redundant too due to changes in the Law.
When I was "between jobs" I used to do some right crap until something better came along. Anyone should still have the right to do that. It's the ones who won't take crap jobs to fill in that get up my nose, just sit back and moan because the exact conditions are not right is a cop out.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 27th Sep 2011 10:55am
[quote=Wench]If it's in the States, does it matter?

Alot if other countries follow suit, then that means all people who have been made redundant through no fault of their own will never stand a chance,then that becomes discrimination against the unemployed.
Originally Posted by Wench
Sue - that's all well and good, but at the moment it's about the States, not here. IF it starts happening here to that extent then fair enough, I might get a bit riled. As things stand, I don't see the point as I live here. If that makes sense think

*just for the record, I was made redundant too due to changes in the Law.

Thats what i said If other countries follow suit.
Seems like a plan.

Lets bury our heads in the sand until it reaches these shores and becomes a standard practice.

Bit late then.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Posted By: Wench Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 27th Sep 2011 12:58pm
I'm not burying my head in the sand, I just don't see the point of getting riled over a post that's about another country. There's plenty of sh!t going on in this country for me to get riled about, not to mention enough in my own life.
I'm a right wing bigot so I'd more than likely automatically choose someone with a job over someone who hasn't. Especially if the unemployed on this site are anything to go by!
Im not getting riled, i was merely contibuting to a debate....
about what if other contries follow suit.

My god it seems only certain people can be bolshy on here about their opinions the rest of us get told to calm down and stop getting riled.
I'm a right wing bigot so I'd more than likely automatically choose someone with a job over someone who hasn't. Especially if the unemployed on this site are anything to go by!

That's naughty Alec

My god it seems only certain people can be bolshy on here about their opinions the rest of us get told to calm down and stop getting riled.

Originally Posted by Wench
There's plenty of sh!t going on in this country for me to get riled about, not to mention enough in my own life.
Originally Posted by derekdwc

That's naughty Alec

seeyu
Especially if the unemployed on this site are anything to go by!

withthat
Posted By: Wench Re: Employers Snubbing Jobless In Favour of Employed - 27th Sep 2011 10:42pm

I didn't say anything about you getting riled think I didn't tell you to calm down either. I think you misread my post think I was replying to Silverback anyway smile
It went like this.... i said its unfair to people who where made redundant through no fault of their own if all other counyries follow suit and only employ the people that already had a job.

Then you did a reply about it being in the states so what does it matter as its wasnt here.

I know it was the states we were talkikg about but i did say if all the other countries follow suit.

Then you yourself said if it happened here you would perhaps get riled.

You gave the impression that you thought we were all getting riled when the thread was about the states and not here .

So i was talking in general terms about the possibily of it happening here , hope i explained that ok, have a read back through the posts.
We'll agree to disagree. That was not the intended impression, it was about ME getting riled, nobody else. It doesn't change the fact that I didn't tell you to calm down or that I was replying to Silverback.

Stepping away now seeyu
© Wirral-Wikiwirral