Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 1:14am
Can anybody please tell me why HRGO are advertising those customer service jobs again? I have lost count of the times I have seen this agency advertising these jobs on the JCP website!
Posted By: Wench Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 6:36am
Maybe they still have vacancies think Just a thought.
Posted By: DavidB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 6:58am
I gave up on agencies years ago, I'm sure most of the jobs don't exist anyway.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 7:19am
Originally Posted by Wench
Maybe they still have vacancies think Just a thought.

That's exactly what it is.

The Contact Company have vacancies which are dependent upon the needs of certain clients at certain times.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 9:10am
It's to get you on their books so if a client requestes they can supply many suitable cv's. They should be honest and say this!
Posted By: petzl Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 9:41am
The Agency i worked for a few years ago regularly advertised for heavy plant drivers in the job centre, but The jobs didnt really exist.
I met a few people who had borrowed money to get qualified for these vacancies only to be left disappointed.
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 9:48am
Originally Posted by paulph1972
It's to get you on their books so if a client requestes they can supply many suitable cv's. They should be honest and say this!

Not necessarily.

TCC may need to start recruiting for the Christmas rush or something similar.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 10:01am
A friend of mine at HRGO has said a fair few people have left because they couldn't hack the stress....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 10:30am
Mind numbing work but hardly difficult or stressful!
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 10:30am
Hi PaulWirral

Thanks for your reply to my comment about HRGO. So you reckon this is why these jobs are always being advertised by the agency? Hmmm . . . I suspected there might be something questionable about these vacancies, as I would have thought that these "100 call centre jobs" would have been well snapped up by now, especially in such an area as Birkenhead, where unemployment is extremely high.
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 10:40am
Jobneeded67, just apply will you, go through the process.

You're coming across as someone who wants to moan more than they want a job.

Seriously, TCC take on new employees on a regular basis.

Posted By: NewBrighton Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 11:43am
TCC, is very strict and very regimented. Do this your sacked, do that your sacked, you work up to 40 hrs a week but HRGO won't tell you what days or what hours initially until you start. You can work from 8 o'clock in the morning until 9 o'clock at night. Your initial contract may be for 1 week, then due to lack of work you may not be needed. However the following week you may be asked to start again.

Basic £6 an hour no matter what day you work or what time of day you work. No unsociable hours payments and no increases for weekend work.
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 12:26pm
But they look after you if you work hard.

Especially if you are the right sort of person to make it further than a CSA. They chuck parties on a regular basis.

Yes, they are strict, but you need to be with the sorts of people that work in call centres! I've been to a few of their parties, I went to TCC Christmas party, I've met them - and the management definitely have their work cut out.

There's also plenty of people looking for work, they have their pick of them, so why put up with anything sloppy?
Posted By: Touchstone Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 12:32pm
Cr*ppy company, cr*ppy conditions. This is the future of employment in Cameron and Osborne's brave new Britain: temporary contracts, low pay, no company pensions, no Unions, little or no employee rights. This can't be allowed to continue.

Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 1:07pm
One of the problems is that everyone is 'clued up' now and it's all well and good with them having rights but they know just how to use/abuse them these days.

It's certainly not a crappy company, the CEO is a prominent businessman and very well respected and the company have won numerous awards and continue to grow in a time when others are struggling to survive.

Posted By: NewBrighton Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 1:39pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
But they look after you if you work hard.

Especially if you are the right sort of person to make it further than a CSA. They chuck parties on a regular basis.

Yes, they are strict, but you need to be with the sorts of people that work in call centres! I've been to a few of their parties, I went to TCC Christmas party, I've met them - and the management definitely have their work cut out.

There's also plenty of people looking for work, they have their pick of them, so why put up with anything sloppy?
One of the problems is that everyone is 'clued up' now and it's all well and good with them having rights but they know just how to use/abuse them these days.

It's certainly not a crappy company, the CEO is a prominent businessman and very well respected and the company have won numerous awards and continue to grow in a time when others are struggling to survive.

You need to be strict with the sorts of people that work in call centres??????
What the hell is that supposed to mean, the people who work at this call centre are the reason your friend the CEO is a prominent businessman and the reason they have won numerous awards, it's the people doing the job not the person sitting in the big chair.

There are plenty of people out their who have held a lot more responsible jobs than a call centre telephone operator but due to unemployment cant get jobs and so have to apply for whatever's available.

As for 'everyone is clued up' I take it you are talking about people expecting a decent wage and wanting to have holidays.

Obviously you or who ever you know must be Management or higher at this company, which would explain your need to defend TCC and act like a PR representative!!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 1:42pm
Take a pride in your workforce and the workforce will take pride in you and the company.

Conversely ....

If you pay peanuts and treat them like sh!t you get monkey poo!
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:07pm
Originally Posted by NewBrighton

What the hell is that supposed to mean, the people who work at this call centre are the reason your friend the CEO is a prominent businessman and the reason they have won numerous awards, it's the people doing the job not the person sitting in the big chair.

The people that moan "do this/that and you get sacked" are the ones needing to be sacked. The management deciding that this needs to be the way are the ones making the company what it is.

The company is run well, they separate those looking for an easy ride and those willing to make an effort.

Originally Posted by NewBrighton
Obviously you or who ever you know must be Management or higher at this company, which would explain your need to defend TCC and act like a PR representative!!!!

I know people who work there and who have worked there right from CSA's to the top, top dogs.

The CSA's I know didn't get sacked and did their job to the best of their abilities, which was recognised fairly quickly. Those that are worth keeping are given a contract with TCC direct, not through HR GO and those that aren't are sent on their merry way.
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:08pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Take a pride in your workforce and the workforce will take pride in you and the company.

Conversely ....

If you pay peanuts and treat them like sh!t you get monkey poo!

Quite, but some people just don't want to work, and they need to be got rid of fairly quickly. The BBC, for example, do regular checks on the quality.
Posted By: markjw Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:19pm
I think the employer might be better regarded if it didn't pay minimum wage and ask that employees be available at the beck and call of the employer.

Don't forget that most people who work 40 hours at minimum wage have to then claim further benefits from the taxpayer to bring them up to minimum levels.

In effect, you as a taxpayer are subsidising the cheap labour for the (presumably well-off) owners of the business.
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:32pm
TCC obviously pay HR GO more than the £6...

Also, they can't complain as they get 7p more per hour than minimum wage.

Think it goes up to over £6 soon too so they'll have to adjust what they pay.
Posted By: petzl Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:44pm
TCC obviously pay HR GO more than the £6...

Also, they can't complain as they get 7p more per hour than minimum wage.

Think it goes up to over £6 soon too so they'll have to adjust what they pay.

You make 7p an hour over minimum wage sound like its generous. shocked
Posted By: polo_phil Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:47pm
We all have to start somewhere
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:48pm
Originally Posted by petzl

You make 7p an hour over minimum wage sound like its generous. shocked

Nobody forced them to give away around 50p more than they need to in a working day. If they have 200 employees that's a nice meal for two for the CEO on a daily basis wink
Posted By: markjw Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 2:58pm
Ironic that even with the 7p per hour over the minimum wage, AlexB is probably supplementing the wage by more than that in taxpayer-funded benefits to bring the wage up to a living one.

I wonder what AlexB is going without in order that his taxes go to subsidise the CEO's 'millions'!
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 3:11pm
Originally Posted by markjw
Ironic that even with the 7p per hour over the minimum wage, AlexB is probably supplementing the wage by more than that in taxpayer-funded benefits to bring the wage up to a living one.

I wonder what AlexB is going without in order that his taxes go to subsidise the CEO's 'millions'!

It was tongue in cheek. I appreciate it's a low paying position but even in low paid jobs the employer wants the best they can get.

What do I go without? Probably just better versions of what I have now. But that's life, the only two things guaranteed in life are death and taxes.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 11:05pm
DavidB, I know exactly how you feel. I have had nothing but bad experiences with these agencies.
Posted By: AlexB Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 11:13pm
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
DavidB, I know exactly how you feel. I have had nothing but bad experiences with these agencies.

smack
Posted By: reddragon Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 13th Sep 2011 11:27pm
Offs
Posted By: ema_lou Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 14th Sep 2011 7:13am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
We all have to start somewhere

Exactly... it doesn't matter if its 'only' 7p above minimum wage . There are thousands of people on minimum wage who pride themselves on the fact that, ok its not the best paid job but at least i have 1 and can support my family. I have never been out of work, I'm not in a job that i like or want to do forever (before anyone comments i have started evening classes at college to change this hopefully) but i turn up for every shift, i turn up on time and i do the job to my best ability... I have 2 toddlers and my partner works full time, we can't afford childcare so i work nights... Because i have to! My partner was made jobless a couple of years ago, he had no qualifications, the only work experience he had was labouring but within 3 weeks he'd been offered a call centre job. 3 years on he is 'head of sales' because he was motivated and enthusiastic no matter how tedious the job was. In my opinion you do as needs must to support yourself and your family. Whether that means taking a job you don't like or is lower paid than you li...ktough! A a job is a j,ob if you have bills to pay and/or family to support.

Jobneeded this is in no way meant as a personal insult, so please don't take it that way but have you looked at why you might not be getting these jobs you are applying for? Is your cv doing you enough justice to even get to the interview stage? Are you doin yourself justice in interview or do your nerves get the better of you? Appearane /how enthusiastic/motivated you are etc your answer to their questions are so important. If they ask 'so what made you apply for this position' your answer is 'because it interests me/ i feel its something I can do well at' etc not 'because i need the money' ... no sayin you do just using it as an example.
Posted By: ema_lou Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 14th Sep 2011 7:17am
Please excuse any mis-spelling and punctuation errors. I'm on my phone and some of the keys are playing up!
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 22nd Sep 2011 12:22pm
Anybody having any luck with the latest HRGO advert for the call centre jobs?
Posted By: debzy Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 24th Sep 2011 12:23pm
That's just discusting, shouldn't be allowed to do that! grrrrr
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 26th Sep 2011 5:18pm
HR Go jobs are in yet again!

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/det...1-bc863a89e304&pid=2&j=IBK/26781
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 27th Sep 2011 11:11am
Why are these "jobs" being advertised over and over again?
Posted By: poodlepup Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 27th Sep 2011 11:13am
To give you something to moan about!
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: HR Go Jobs In Again - 27th Sep 2011 2:54pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
To give you something to moan about!

laugh
Love it! raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral