Forums
Posted By: free_spirit Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:11pm
hi all

a few of my friends got rejection letters today too..
i got mine last week..even though references where called on 29th july, 2 days after interview... confused

apart from Sallybear and one other on here i know of no one who has actually had a job offer?!

we are wondering if all the jobs have been given to unemployed (long term) people even before we had interviews? confused
and maybe we are back up in case they need more staff if people leave or the shops does better than expected?

a lot us us, myself included waited 6 weeks + to hear.

do you know of anyone who has actually got a job?
if so where they working or unemployed, and how many hours did they accept?

think
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:21pm
my mate got the job , he was unemployed, not sure how many hours though + might i add, he just turned up on the interview day out of the blue without even calling them an got the interview
Posted By: A_L_K Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:25pm
Yes, I know a relative of mine got a cashiers Job only waited 2 weeks to hear back. She was unemployed and contracted to 16hours a week
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:26pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
my mate got the job , he was unemployed, not sure how many hours though + might i add, he just turned up on the interview day out of the blue without even calling them an got the interview

to tranmere rovers or birkenhead job centre?

well done to him
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:30pm
im not 100% but i think it was the job centre
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:33pm

it it was the job centre well done for him doing that, but bit naughty for ppl who had to follow procedure and go to tranmere, fill in forms and wait phone calls etc...

but just goes to show what can happen if your positive and just go for it happy
Posted By: Silverback Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:40pm
Originally Posted by free_spirit

it it was the job centre well done for him doing that, but bit naughty for ppl who had to follow procedure and go to tranmere, fill in forms and wait phone calls etc...

It's called initiative, and a lot of employers like that.

With the unemployment figures we have at the moment, employers can have their pick.

Did hear that to save on the chance of employing unlucky people it was advised to throw half the applications in the bin.

Posted By: lau2908 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:41pm
yeah i totally agree, 3 of his mates went with him, they had phoned up etc but they didnt even get interviews frown

Its quite a worrying time how little jobs there are for the amount of people who are unemployed.
On a plus side though i am sure given time Morrisons will soon be taking on more people and with a bit of luck possibly offer some to people who were previous rejected, you just never know.

Good luck to all who were rejected with finding jobs, SOMETHING will come up laugh
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:42pm
Originally Posted by Silverback

It's called initiative, and a lot of employers like that.

With the unemployment figures we have at the moment, employers can have their pick.

Did hear that to save on the chance of employing unlucky people it was advised to throw half the applications in the bin.

no, never heard that, thats awful, especially for people who applied for jobs..
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:44pm
yeah i totally agree, 3 of his mates went with him, they had phoned up etc but they didnt even get interviews frown

Its quite a worrying time how little jobs there are for the amount of people who are unemployed.
On a plus side though i am sure given time Morrisons will soon be taking on more people and with a bit of luck possibly offer some to people who were previous rejected, you just never know.

Good luck to all who were rejected with finding jobs, SOMETHING will come up laugh

hi yes, they told me the other day they have under recruited to see how the store goes before taking on more..looks like i'm stuck with were i am now for bit longer...

you never know...we may hear sometime in future.. think
Posted By: Silverback Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 12:54pm
never heard that, thats awful, especially for people who applied for jobs..

No, they were just unlucky............
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 2:01pm
My mate has got a start on the deli counter, not sure when he starts , or how many hours. He left a job for this one.Not sure where he went for interviews and stuff, but i gave him the details that appeared on here ages ago ,and he took it from there.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 2:39pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
My mate has got a start on the deli counter, not sure when he starts , or how many hours. He left a job for this one.Not sure where he went for interviews and stuff, but i gave him the details that appeared on here ages ago ,and he took it from there.

nice 1 smile
Posted By: happy Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 4:58pm
hi free spirit,
i got my rejection this morning to and so did other people i know who are currently working in stores. i 've only heard of un employed people gettin taken on except the friend of toffeenose from above . i have heard that they had to take on a huge percentage of un employed people as a condition to getting the shop contract in new brighton and had take so many from remploy .i've only heard of people being offered hours under 20, mainly 11 and 17 hour contracts so maybe thats why we didnt hear as stated more hours.
did your letter say u would be kept on file or anythink for the future?
if so may have chance once stores up and running.Mine said good luck for the future or somthink along them lines only read top bit .Feel that the rejectin letters should of gone out all together first before job offers, least we all wouldnt of had 6 weeks of stress
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 5:14pm
Originally Posted by happy
hi free spirit,
i got my rejection this morning to and so did other people i know who are currently working in stores. i 've only heard of un employed people gettin taken on except the friend of toffeenose from above . i have heard that they had to take on a huge percentage of un employed people as a condition to getting the shop contract in new brighton and had take so many from remploy .i've only heard of people being offered hours under 20, mainly 11 and 17 hour contracts so maybe thats why we didnt hear as stated more hours.
did your letter say u would be kept on file or anythink for the future?
if so may have chance once stores up and running.Mine said good luck for the future or somthink along them lines only read top bit .Feel that the rejectin letters should of gone out all together first before job offers, least we all wouldnt of had 6 weeks of stress

hey Happy,
sorry to hear you got one today too..
yes i rang thursday and they said as we got our letters so late it means we passed the interviews with high marks and will be kept on file,
and the reason was because we asked for higher contracted hours and they where mainly smaller contracts.
as they are under recruiting untill they see how the store goes.

i think that your right in what you said about the people who did get the jobs probably being unemployed etc.

i agree that the rejection letters should have gone out together rather than in spits and spurts.
quite a few people have turned jobs down due to the low contracts too, which i , like yourself, cannot afford a drop in hours/pay.

we may hear back in a few months..
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 5:19pm
i got a job but was not unemployed and five out of the six that were taken on at the same time eight weeks ago were not either.they have under recruited so more jobs will come up i would think. i thought i was a bit lucky getting a job as i was one of fifty interviewed but reading how some people have got on i was very lucky indeed to get a job.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 5:27pm
Originally Posted by arwen444
i got a job but was not unemployed and five out of the six that were taken on at the same time eight weeks ago were not either.they have under recruited so more jobs will come up i would think. i thought i was a bit lucky getting a job as i was one of fifty interviewed but reading how some people have got on i was very lucky indeed to get a job.

yours was slighty diff as being in admin, my ex supervisor in work is full time in adim started a few months ago...and you needed diff crteria for that smile
not knocking you, sorry hope you don't think that..
BTW are you still enjoying it hun?
was meaning more of shop floor /cashier staff
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 5:33pm
ah dont worry didnt think anything like that, gutted you didnt get a job , hope something comes up soon for you
Posted By: beckie85 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 5:38pm
I got my rejection today after waiting over 6 weeks. I think for such a big company they have dealt with these job applications badly making ppl wait double the time stated at the interview. I know if they advertise again I won't be applying.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 5:58pm
ah dont worry didnt think anything like that, gutted you didnt get a job , hope something comes up soon for you

thanks hun, i'll keep looking, but at least i have job even if i don't like it much confused
Posted By: happy Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 5th Sep 2011 9:48pm
thanks free spirit feel a bit better about it now, suppose always thought deep down i wouldnt get a 30 hour contract .best get re lookin hey ...
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 6th Sep 2011 5:18am
Originally Posted by happy
thanks free spirit feel a bit better about it now, suppose always thought deep down i wouldnt get a 30 hour contract .best get re lookin hey ...

glad to hear it smile
something will turn up...keep positive
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 6th Sep 2011 5:14pm
yes friend of mine got job as trolley man goes without saying hes now known as ken barlow haha
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 6th Sep 2011 5:33pm
Originally Posted by lauralou2
yes friend of mine got job as trolley man goes without saying hes now known as ken barlow haha

aww bless yomama

is he pleased though...?
about the job...and new name? ...
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 6th Sep 2011 6:39pm
yer he is made up!his bird isnt too happy though coz we started callin her diedre!!lmao xx
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 6th Sep 2011 6:55pm
Originally Posted by lauralou2
yer he is made up!his bird isnt too happy though coz we started callin her diedre!!lmao xx

not suprised..don't think anyone would be happy about that bananaloveken n diedre LOL
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 6th Sep 2011 7:25pm
lol yer mr and mrs b!!haha x
My daughter has been offered a checkout job at Morrisons, she got the letter about two weeks ago. She is unemployed but is starting at Liverpool University later this month so only wanted part time eveenings/weekends.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 8th Sep 2011 12:37pm
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks
My daughter has been offered a checkout job at Morrisons, she got the letter about two weeks ago. She is unemployed but is starting at Liverpool University later this month so only wanted part time eveenings/weekends.

well done to her, and for uni, she'll love uni, especially freshers week yipee i know my lad did lol

well done to her, and for uni, she'll love uni, especially freshers week yipee i know my lad did lol

Thanks, she is actually a mature student (24). She started at Manchester University straight from school but hated the course (Business Studies) so she left. She then got an office job to tide her over while she decided what she really wanted to do, so she saved and went travelling ( Canada, USA, New Zealand & Australia) and has now settled on studying Biological Sciences. At 24 she will probably (hopefully) be a bit old to take full advantage of the excesses of freshers week.
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 8th Sep 2011 3:49pm
what exactly is freshers week, ,my daughter goes to edge hill uni in two weeks so would like to know what mess i might be scrapping up haha!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 8th Sep 2011 3:57pm

Thanks, she is actually a mature student (24). She started at Manchester University straight from school but hated the course (Business Studies) so she left. She then got an office job to tide her over while she decided what she really wanted to do, so she saved and went travelling ( Canada, USA, New Zealand & Australia) and has now settled on studying Biological Sciences. At 24 she will probably (hopefully) be a bit old to take full advantage of the excesses of freshers week.

you never know...lol
sounds like she's had a good time before deciding to study again :-)
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons rejections, Thoughts on this? - 8th Sep 2011 3:59pm
what exactly is freshers week, ,my daughter goes to edge hill uni in two weeks so would like to know what mess i might be scrapping up haha!

its mainly meeting ppl on the courses, making new friends and hitting the student bars at uni..cheap booze..a good excuse for them all to go out, get drunk what better way to make new friends..lol

Freshers 'week' for us was two weeks of student nights and events at clubs in Liverpool and the student union, pub quiz, films in the bombed out church etc. Everyone's pretty much off their face throughout and skint at the end of it tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral