Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 10:56am
Are Morrisons not giving feedback to unsuccessful applicants?

I ask this because I have rang their Recruitment Manager at Ellesmere Port a few times now, and have been promised feedback. I first rang him last Friday, and was told he would ring me with feedback, if not on the same day then on the Monday. I rang again yesterday saying that I still hadn't heard from him, and was assured he would get back to me.

We are now in Wednesday, and I am just wondering if I am wasting my time even bothering any more.

Anybody else having trouble getting feedback?
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 11:10am
I Have applied for loads of jobs attended many a interveiw. With promise of getting feedback. but it rare that they get back to you.Worse thing is when your ask to email a company with a copy of your cv and a covering letter and then you hear nothing from them.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 11:12am
I know. It's disgusting.

I HATE the jobs market now. It's a living nightmare!
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 11:32am
One of the problems is that Job Centres are making their 'clients' apply for jobs that they're not qualified to do. Employers are being inundated with applications. My daughter phoned one firm for an application form and was told they weren't accepting any more applications as they'd received over 300 in the first three days! I later found out from a contact that only about twenty of those were considered capable of doing the job and worth interviewing.
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 11:46am
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
I am a member of the Business Connection's Facebook group and from time to time I leave a message there saying that I am still seeking work. Just left another one now, so hope somebody will get back to me.

As regards the other agencies you mentioned - well, I don't really want to go on to much about them, as I have had a few bad experiences (esp with one particular one that messed me around really badly) with them which I don't care to repeat. Suffice to say that I AM taking ALL the other advice people have given me on this forum, and so certainly do not want to convey the impression that I am just inactively moaning!

I will not go on too much about my unemployment problem anyway, as I think I have said enough.

thought it was too good to be true
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 11:47am
I had the jobcentre giving me Phone numbers for job that do not exist.And one was for a big supermarket that base in warrington.I Called the number i was given by jobcentre only to get a call centre in wembley london all the did was take my name and phone number..Did not hear anything from them.Told the jobcentre the look on his face say yeeeeeeerrrrrr bet you did not phone the number...in the end i prove the job did not exist
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 12:01pm
What do you mean by that??
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 24th Aug 2011 12:12pm
Morrison's have not yet told all the applicants whether or not they are successful, I think that it probably their priority before giving feedback. And if you had read my recent post, when I called them, they are struggling with delays due to staff leave at this time of year. I am sure they will give feedback if you write to them, once they have completed the recruitment process, not while they are in the middle of it.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 25th Aug 2011 12:39am
Pleased to say that they finally rang me today with the feedback. I was told that my scores were okay, but it was just that due to the sheer volume of applicants, others scored more than I did.

Never mind. At least I now know the situation and that it was certainly no reflection on me that I was not offered a job.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 25th Aug 2011 5:51am
Pleased to say that they finally rang me today with the feedback. I was told that my scores were okay, but it was just that due to the sheer volume of applicants, others scored more than I did.

Never mind. At least I now know the situation and that it was certainly no reflection on me that I was not offered a job.

I'm glad they got back to you.
Hopefully you'll feel a bit more positive now you know
The reason.

Good luck in your search.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 25th Aug 2011 7:02am
Great news on getting some feedback, try and cheer up and stay positive and something will come along soon.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 25th Aug 2011 11:10pm
Thanks, I always like to know exactly why an employer has turned me down. It does provide some comfort to know that it was simply down to the large volume of applications rather than any personal shortcoming on my part.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 25th Aug 2011 11:10pm
Cheers, Sallybear, I will.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 26th Aug 2011 1:04am
Simply down to the number of applicants scoring higher than you, you mean!
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 26th Aug 2011 1:31pm
Hi Sallybear

Just to let you know that I have been in touch with The Business Connection by phone today. Spoke to Pam Wilcox and she invited me to submit my CV, which I have now done. Fingers crossed that they will be able to help.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 26th Aug 2011 2:28pm
Hi Sallybear

Just to let you know that I have been in touch with The Business Connection by phone today. Spoke to Pam Wilcox and she invited me to submit my CV, which I have now done. Fingers crossed that they will be able to help.

Great news, I don't know Pam myself but they have been great to me, and well worth the work. It has seen me through the summer just about so no complaints.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 26th Aug 2011 3:05pm
Cheers. As I said, will keep my fingers crossed that they'll be able to help me.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Are Morrisons Not Giving Feedback? - 26th Aug 2011 3:12pm
good luck!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral