Forums
Posted By: Sallybear That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 4:21pm
Not from Morrison's but I have had my first job offer since being made redundant and I feel a little bit pleased for myself.

And it really makes you think, don't be afraid to sell yourself, and be honest about what you want and don't want. And make sure you give a little bit away about yourself so people can get a feel for who you are. Somewhere on the front page of my 2 page CV, is a sentence about bookbinding, completely unrelated to my experience or the roles I was looking for, but it made me stand out to the director and it got me the job!!!
Posted By: buddy Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 4:22pm
Excellent news
Posted By: rocks Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 4:23pm
congrats im really pleased for you smile
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 4:24pm
Congrats sallybear, it's good to have some good news on here.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 4:29pm
Congrats Sally
Posted By: katej Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 4:34pm
Congratulations, nice to have a bit of good news for a change hey!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 5:17pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Not from Morrison's but I have had my first job offer since being made redundant and I feel a little bit pleased for myself.

And it really makes you think, don't be afraid to sell yourself, and be honest about what you want and don't want. And make sure you give a little bit away about yourself so people can get a feel for who you are. Somewhere on the front page of my 2 page CV, is a sentence about bookbinding, completely unrelated to my experience or the roles I was looking for, but it made me stand out to the director and it got me the job!!!

CONGRATS Sally :)dancing around smile
really really pleased for you...
what type of job is it?

you do know now, you'll prob get a morrisons offer tomorrow laugh
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 5:39pm
Fab News Sallybear xxx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 5:47pm
Well done Sally, you deserve it.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 6:06pm
great news well done!. thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 6:39pm
Well done Lass! Pleased for you.
Posted By: bert1 Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 6:45pm
don't be afraid to sell yourself,

The above is a bit worrying but well done anyway.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 6:50pm
Cheers all, I am really pleased, it's basically an admin based job in an office of a company in Bromborough who kind of work in printing....bit complicated really. But it also has a great training opportunity to do some business sales which I haven't done for years and really fancy.

The downside is, it's basic wage which for full time employment actually equals to the penny, what I would get on JSA with housing and council tax benefit. So I did have to ask myself is it worth it?? But if I sit around any longer then I really will go insane, and you never know where it might take me or what other opportunities it might offer. The job is also guaranteed for at least 1 year WITH a contract so I can't turn down such an offer.

The benefit is no evenings or weekends which I was going to have to take with Morrison's and if I am lucky enough to get an offer from Morrison's and I turn it down, then hopefully someone else will get the benefit of my place.

Really looking forward to getting up each day again and going to work, and they were a lovely company in the interview.

yay me
Posted By: Sallybear Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 6:51pm
Originally Posted by bert1
don't be afraid to sell yourself,

The above is a bit worrying but well done anyway.

Not quite like that ha ha!!!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 7:19pm
Cheers all, I am really pleased, it's basically an admin based job in an office of a company in Bromborough who kind of work in printing....bit complicated really. But it also has a great training opportunity to do some business sales which I haven't done for years and really fancy.

The downside is, it's basic wage which for full time employment actually equals to the penny, what I would get on JSA with housing and council tax benefit. So I did have to ask myself is it worth it?? But if I sit around any longer then I really will go insane, and you never know where it might take me or what other opportunities it might offer. The job is also guaranteed for at least 1 year WITH a contract so I can't turn down such an offer.

The benefit is no evenings or weekends which I was going to have to take with Morrison's and if I am lucky enough to get an offer from Morrison's and I turn it down, then hopefully someone else will get the benefit of my place.

Really looking forward to getting up each day again and going to work, and they were a lovely company in the interview.

yay me

yay you! defo...

yes better in a job, with the chance of maybe working your way up smile
far better than sitting at home going stir crazy...

a few years back i was out of work for 3 months and absolutly hated it after first couple weeks,even though i had kids who were at school at the time, and was glad to get back into it and also felt much better in and about myself getting back into work...plus was glad to see the back of housing benefits ect, the way they mess you about...

so again, well done, way to go...the only way now for you is up smile
Posted By: happy Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 7:20pm
well done sally bear grin good luck in your new job
Posted By: arwen444 Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 7:49pm
well done u thats fab news. what a shame you wont be joining us in morrisons but there loss is someone elses gain. this new job could open up a whole new future for you
Posted By: arsenal Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 8:43pm
i dont know you but well done
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 8:47pm
Great news sallybear. Enjoy your new job. cool
Posted By: reddragon Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 9:43pm
Well done Sallybear good luck
Posted By: dave_h Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 10:33pm
congrats
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 10:55pm
Well done sallybear!!
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: That'll be a job offer then - 17th Aug 2011 11:19pm
made up for you though I don't know you...I did a placement through
TNG for six months (saw a lot of people while I was there who couldn't be bothered) but it paid off for me..now am working after 2 years + unemployed as a support worker and loving every minute of it (before that i was self employed as a caterer)..funny how things
change.....good luck in your new role!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: That'll be a job offer then - 19th Aug 2011 6:57am
Please to hear it,you deserve it welldone
Posted By: Sallybear Re: That'll be a job offer then - 23rd Aug 2011 11:43am
UPDATE:

Had a meeting yesterday with the company and told them that I was really interested in the job, but would have preferred to have been paid a little bit more in line with my experience. I know it might have seemed cheeky but I felt I had nothing to lose. Anyway they have just come back to me with a better offer and I start in September!!

So pleased. Was feeling great about being offered a good job to be honest but couldn't help feeling that the wage was low considering the role and also the work I have done before so I just went for it and asked.

So if anyone else is ever in a similar position don't be afraid to ask for what you are worth not just what they are offering.

Only one more singing on day before I start. yay!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: That'll be a job offer then - 23rd Aug 2011 12:34pm
Well done Sally!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: That'll be a job offer then - 23rd Aug 2011 6:02pm
UPDATE:

Had a meeting yesterday with the company and told them that I was really interested in the job, but would have preferred to have been paid a little bit more in line with my experience. I know it might have seemed cheeky but I felt I had nothing to lose. Anyway they have just come back to me with a better offer and I start in September!!

So pleased. Was feeling great about being offered a good job to be honest but couldn't help feeling that the wage was low considering the role and also the work I have done before so I just went for it and asked.

So if anyone else is ever in a similar position don't be afraid to ask for what you are worth not just what they are offering.

Only one more singing on day before I start. yay!!

well done you!
no harm in asking for what your worth, and its paid off for you smile

go get 'em girl, proud of your confidence to ask.. wink
Posted By: poodlepup Re: That'll be a job offer then - 23rd Aug 2011 6:07pm
Well done Sally!
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: That'll be a job offer then - 23rd Aug 2011 6:47pm
you go girl!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral