Forums
Posted By: free_spirit Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 8th Aug 2011 6:21am
I hate this waiting, been almost 2 weeks now, so still maybe another 2 weeks till we find out crazy

impatient is my middle name... smile
Not heard anything yet, and none of my referees have been contacted.
It might not be long until you here now - they finished the interviews on Friday! But they do have approx 850 interviews to go through!
Posted By: sparky Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 8th Aug 2011 9:01am
I have not heard anything yet. I was told it could take upto 3 weeks.
I was interviewed on the first day... a fortnight ago and I'm still waiting to hear. They did say 2 to 3 weeks though.
had my interview first week and they requested references week ago saturday...(which has caused me a bit of grief with my boss frown )but i'm off till next week..

fingers crossed everyone smile
my theory is they wouldnt apply for refernces unless you had got the job. they applied for mine almost straight after the interview. they wouldnt apply for everyones that had the interview it would be a waste of time. some were interviewed much later than others so still time. fingers crossed for you all smile
As the interviewer explained to me, they would not be making any offers of employment until they had received satisfactory references back. This is what would take the most time. So in this case, references first, then depending on what they got back, which people are then fitted into the various shifts. A bit like a game of tetris.
wish they would've told me that, i could've been prepared for my boss getting in touch with me...lol

oh well its done now, will just have to wait...
Posted By: happy Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 9th Aug 2011 8:43pm
interviews didnt finish until friday , so think it be at least 2 more weeks yet, hasnt been a week since my interview , mine was only thurs. must b a pain if was in first week , will have longer to wait
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 10th Aug 2011 9:27am
i had my interview the first week too, still nothing back, i guess they have alot i get through smile
Posted By: SteveDJ Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 10th Aug 2011 9:32am
Sorry to be a bit off-topic but does anyone know when the store opens?

I look at the webcam daily and also drive past when i'm in New Brighton and it's looking like it won't be too long now...

Infact i feel like a Morrison's Store Stalker which isn't easy to say blush
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 10th Aug 2011 10:49am
lol they said its going to open in october at my interview...
Upto now it's opening day is 10th October.
Posted By: SteveDJ Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 10th Aug 2011 1:25pm
Many thanks for the info, just 2 months to wait then smile
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 10th Aug 2011 1:57pm
Had a phone call last night former boss has been asked for reference.............heres hoping !
Fingers crossed for us all...let us know when you hear anything,at leats they've requested references, so hopefully a good thing smile
Hi you say you had call from your ex boss, when did I have your interview? I had mine during the final week of interview but no one has asked for my references as of yet...
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
Hi you say you had call from your ex boss, when did I have your interview? I had mine during the final week of interview but no one has asked for my references as of yet...

Yes k had my interview wed of first week and my
Ex boss and current boss got asked for references
For me on the Saturday.
There's plenty of time though if u only had interview last week.
Plus your referees might not tell you they've has reference letters.
So don't worry. :-)
Hope so, both my referees said will let me know if they hear anything, spoke to 1 of them today and received nothing as of yet... If yours were contacted so quickly after interview do you think that I've been unsuccessful? My friend had hers on a Thursday and her ex boss got reference form on the following Monday....
Posted By: happy Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 12th Aug 2011 10:44am
maybe there only requesting the references from employers and not the people we put down. i dunno if any have been requested for me, i've had 2 weeks hols smile. good luck to everyone. i heard back from asda today to book in to an open day for a short interview and hands on experience,any body else heard back from them ?
Originally Posted by happy
maybe there only requesting the references from employers and not the people we put down. i dunno if any have been requested for me, i've had 2 weeks hols smile. good luck to everyone. i heard back from asda today to book in to an open day for a short interview and hands on experience,any body else heard back from them ?

That's brill. Good luck with asda!!
getting nervous now as we should hear within next week or so...
i'm back to work tomorrow so will stop me watching for the postman whistle

did you book your interview with asda?
good luck with it smile
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 15th Aug 2011 8:11am
I've just spoke to my old boss, she said she has a reference request from morrisons smile hopefully its a good sign x x
That's good. Fingers crossed.

I'm just going back to work after 2 weeks off
Not looking to it as my boss had reference request
2 weeks ago and I think in not happy with me wNting to leave.

Let us know if u hear anything.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 15th Aug 2011 9:47am
is reference requesting a good sign? or will they doi it for most applicants?
hiya

i have spoken to a few ppl i know today who have had rejection letters and their references were'nt requested...so i have no idea...
but saying that they might have requested ref and then not happy with the ref?
i honestly don't know, its a hard one to call...

i felt quite awkward in work today seeing my boss (she'd had a letter for my ref just under 2 weeks ago and i hadn't told her..oops..have just gone back after 2 weeks and she asked me if heard anything...then she was ok...

fingers crossed for us all..

i can't stand all this waiting... confused
Posted By: happy Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 15th Aug 2011 7:39pm
oh no was your boss ok with u in the end? not sure if my work has had a ref request yet, dont think they would tell me anyway lol. i havnt had a rejection letter yet, so no news is good news i guess, i was told there was a yes , no and a maybe pile so the no piles letters were getting sent out first. my interview was only 11 days ago and feel like so long ago so god knows what they people who had interview in the first week must feel like. hopefully we all hear soon
oh no was your boss ok with u in the end? not sure if my work has had a ref request yet, dont think they would tell me anyway lol. i havnt had a rejection letter yet, so no news is good news i guess, i was told there was a yes , no and a maybe pile so the no piles letters were getting sent out first. my interview was only 11 days ago and feel like so long ago so god knows what they people who had interview in the first week must feel like. hopefully we all hear soon

yes she was strange, very nice to me today..hmmm...
yes i agree, no news is good news, but still hate waiting..
my interview was the first week so almost 3 weeks now..

my mate who works for the new brighton store said they are under recruiting untill they see how good it does, then all going well, will be taking on more of us..

so fingers crossed for us..let me know if you hear anything ..
No post at all today, and non of my referees, not my personal ones OR any of my past employers have been contacted. Not getting too negative, the process is HUGE for the new store and I was one of the last to hear I even had an interview so anything is possible.

Originally Posted by Sallybear
No post at all today, and non of my referees, not my personal ones OR any of my past employers have been contacted. Not getting too negative, the process is HUGE for the new store and I was one of the last to hear I even had an interview so anything is possible.

nope no post here either today.
yes keep positive smile
Posted By: Emmac Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 16th Aug 2011 9:44pm
I finally got a job offer though the post yesterday, and none of my references have been asked yet! Was beginning to think it was bad news!
Good luck to you all x
Well done!
What job/hours etc have u got?
Well done Emma, is this the first offer so far? Congrats!!
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 7:20am
oh wow, well done... xx
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 11:41am
no post again for me today... im starting to wonder if theres bad news heading my way....
Same here.
We haven't had post for few days ?
Still another week to go though.
Trying to keep positive.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 11:47am
do you think all the rejection letters have been sent out by now?
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 11:48am
its abit odd that some have recieved rejection letters early but others havent received any...
I have no idea?
I had my interview 3 weeks ago
They requested my refs 2 days later.
But did say could take 4 weeks.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 11:59am
If it where me i would get in touch and see how far they were with picking people, they could have a no list and a yes list already just havent sent the letters out.
Posted By: happy Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 7:29pm
well done emma , what job did they offer u? im still waitin to hear anythin. i hate post watchin haha
Well done Emma! when did u have your interview ? smile
Posted By: Emmac Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 17th Aug 2011 8:30pm
Thanks everyone, I know how awful it is waiting to hear so hopefully you will all get good news throught he post soon!
I applied for checkouts and have been offered position of supervisor start on monday.
None of my references were asked for before being offerd the job so dont worry about them not being requested yet!
hop you all hear soon, good luck x
Congrats to you both xx
Still no post. Just over 3 weeks now
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 18th Aug 2011 4:26pm
nothing here for me either.... how long would you leave it befor eyou ring them and ask???
Originally Posted by WLH27
nothing here for me either.... how long would you leave it befor eyou ring them and ask???

till at least next week as they said 3-4 weeks, it was 3 weeks for me yesterday..
Posted By: happy Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 18th Aug 2011 9:33pm
its only 2 weeks today for me . mabe there doin supervisor ones first ?
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Anyone heard back from Morrisons as of yet? - 19th Aug 2011 10:37pm
Just to keep you updated the new store will be selling Peacocks clothes but as far as I know it's just kids.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral