Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 5th Aug 2011 1:15pm
Has anybody sat that new online test that the DWP have introduced for AO vacancies? I sat one the other day and found it immensely hard and tricky. It had 36 questions and you were given 75 mins to answer. Unfortunately, I got an email back saying I did not score highly enough in comparison to the scores of at least half the other applicants.

Obviously, I was very disappointed about this, especially as I have 25 years work experience, both as an AA and AO, in the Civil Service, and have been trying to get back in for ages.

Are they going to use this tough test for AA posts too?
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 5th Aug 2011 1:17pm
Sorry I may sound daft, but what is AO and AA?
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 5th Aug 2011 1:17pm
oh ok admin officer, whats aa?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 5th Aug 2011 1:18pm
admin assistant?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 5th Aug 2011 2:13pm
They can't do because when I tried to speak to someone at the Pensions Credit place in Preston I ended up trying to get across to a bloke who couldn't even speak English or understand what I was saying so in the end I gave up. This was at the fag end of last year. I know when I went into the CS I had to go through a rigorous testing and selection process so I can't even guess what they do now. Good Luck anyway.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 5th Aug 2011 5:35pm
I didn't know there were any AA or AO jobs in the area, where about did you hear about them?

I was a casual AA for the Job Centre for years. Haven't done it since but wouldn't mind the chance to re-apply.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 6th Aug 2011 10:10am
I saw it on the DWP Jobs page, where you can also be directed to jobs in other parts of the Civil Service. I check it daily. You have to, as you never know when a department is starting to recruit again.

Although these Warrington posts were fixed term contracts, at least it could be good sign that the recruitment freeze is gradually being relaxed. We live in hope.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: DWP Online Test for Admin Officer - 6th Aug 2011 8:59pm
I do check the page but haven't seen anything in the area for a while, but perhaps I might not have noticed one in Warrington. Cheers for the info
© Wirral-Wikiwirral