Forums
Posted By: free_spirit Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 6:55am
haven't had a formal interview before really,
even though have/am working for big companys the interviews have always been quick chat, yes you've got the job...

so any tips will be appreciatted..

thanks smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 7:07am
be confident, be upbeat.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 11:32am
Have a look at the Next Step website there are some really useful tips for preparing for interviews, the sorts of things to ask, simple things that a lot of people forget such as what NOT to say or wear etc. Well worth a nosy at to see what it recommends.
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 12:05pm
Just stay cool, keep your answers short but to the point and don't waffle.

I applied via Tranmere Rovers then Birkenhead Job Centre but no response, so presume I am not getting an interview.

Good luck with your interview.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 2:01pm
Any retail store would want staff to be confident with people, quite bubbly, maybe optimistic in their approach. Come across that way in your interview and you will do well.
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 4:19pm
had my interview and start training monday, excited. interview if it was like mine was a one to one and quite friendly.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 4:35pm
Thanks everyone for your answers, much appreciatted smile
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 4:36pm
Originally Posted by arwen444
had my interview and start training monday, excited. interview if it was like mine was a one to one and quite friendly.

woohoo!! well done!!
what role are you doing?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 4:37pm
Originally Posted by kenmo52
Just stay cool, keep your answers short but to the point and don't waffle.

I applied via Tranmere Rovers then Birkenhead Job Centre but no response, so presume I am not getting an interview.

Good luck with your interview.

thank you..

people are still getting letters now so don't loose hope..
the store doesn't open till 10th October and cashiers etc don't start till end sept..
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 4:38pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Have a look at the Next Step website there are some really useful tips for preparing for interviews, the sorts of things to ask, simple things that a lot of people forget such as what NOT to say or wear etc. Well worth a nosy at to see what it recommends.

hiya,
thanks, will defo have a look on there later smile
as only ust home from work now...
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 22nd Jul 2011 4:39pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Any retail store would want staff to be confident with people, quite bubbly, maybe optimistic in their approach. Come across that way in your interview and you will do well.

thanks, i work in a very busy large store now, so have to be like that on a aily basis, still gotta combat the nerves though... crazy
Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 7:25am
I went on the morrisons interview course last week an found out some really useful information about the interview it's self, did anyone else go on it????
Posted By: sparky Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 12:14pm
Didn't know there was an interview course you could go on. Was it arranged by the job centre.
Posted By: sparky Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 12:15pm
What was the job that you went for? and how was the interview?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 1:31pm
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
I went on the morrisons interview course last week an found out some really useful information about the interview it's self, did anyone else go on it????

haven't heard about it?
what was it?

what infi did you find out?

have you had an iterview, how did it go?
Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 4:45pm
Was a 2 day course done through parent advisor at job centre, their are 700 being interviewed for just under 300 jobs, their are 7 interviewing question that may be asked depending on what answers you provide them with you may only be asked 4 question, each question is point scored between the score of 0-2
Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 4:57pm
Yes was arranged through job centre by parent adviser. Was good an very helpful
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 5:24pm
what kind of questions where asked?

how come not everyone heard about this?
or is it a thing to get people back into work?

i have heard quite a few people who are long term unemployed have already had interviews and got jobs, ahead of other people before the interviews had even started?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 6:21pm
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
Was a 2 day course done through parent advisor at job centre, their are 700 being interviewed for just under 300 jobs, their are 7 interviewing question that may be asked depending on what answers you provide them with you may only be asked 4 question, each question is point scored between the score of 0-2

does that mean the people who went on that course, now know the questions that will be asked?

Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 25th Jul 2011 7:15pm
Originally Posted by free_spirit

how come not everyone heard about this?

i have heard quite a few people who are long term unemployed have already had interviews and got jobs, ahead of other people before the interviews had even started?

how come not everyone heard about this

I don't know, I know they done another type of thing for long term unemployed and they were guaranteed an interview buy doesn't meen their guaranteed a job..... They course I went on only had 70 places an was 1st come basis but I found out through job centre about it. Interviews are a 1 to 1

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 5:06am
Look on their website, see if they have a company 'ethos', adapt any answers to this.

Be confident, look excited.

ASK QUESTIONS!

I interviewed candidates a few months ago for a role at our place, and when I say to them "is there anything you want to ask me, or any questions you have?" for the love of God do NOT say no.

Ask questions about the role, about the company, even questions such as what team building activities do they do? What are your peers like? Ask them how they see you fitting in with their current staff?

You may see the above as embarrassing questions, but force yourself to do it.

We took on one guy who on face value didn't seem anywhere near the best, but one of his questions was "do you have any reservations about me, or anything that is stopping you offering me the job right now?"

When I suggested a few things, he addressed them in the best way I have ever seen.

Remember, and this is my advice, an interview is a 2 way thing, you're trying to find out if Morrisons is a place you'd like to work at as much as they're trying to work out if they'd like to employ me.

Stand out, even if the questions sounds stupid, they'll remember you for it.

Posted By: Sallybear Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 7:47am
Any help from those who have already had interviews or been on the interview course would be greatly appreciated. Would be good to get some idea of the questions they might ask.

'Nobody' great advice, there is nothing worse than an interviewee not having any questions. It's always good to have some questions no matter how silly they may sound, having something to ask, and something which will help you to stand out from others, will really make a difference.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 3:33pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Any help from those who have already had interviews or been on the interview course would be greatly appreciated. Would be good to get some idea of the questions they might ask.

'Nobody' great advice, there is nothing worse than an interviewee not having any questions. It's always good to have some questions no matter how silly they may sound, having something to ask, and something which will help you to stand out from others, will really make a difference.

yes i agree, good info there 'NoBody' Thanks smile

Morrisons are having Peacocks clothing instore too in New Brighton...
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 4:19pm
Your sure about Peacocks? I was told they are not getting a Peacocks wink
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 4:29pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
Your sure about Peacocks? I was told they are not getting a Peacocks wink

yes peacocks are inside Morrisons they have had the deal for about 2 years, bit like ASDA having George...
also my friend has seen the floor plans etc for new brighton...

In 2010, Morrisons signs a deal with budget retailer Peacocks, the first concession store was opened as part of a refurbishment at the retailer's store in Idle, Bradford
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 7:45pm
lol I know they are inside Morrisons but as I work for them I was told they were not putting one in New Bri, that must have been a lie! LOL

3 Peacocks then on the Wirral by Christmas then.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 8:19pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
lol I know they are inside Morrisons but as I work for them I was told they were not putting one in New Bri, that must have been a lie! LOL

3 Peacocks then on the Wirral by Christmas then.

LOL you work for peacocks?
well as far as i have been told by my friend, its defo gonna have a peacocks in New Brighton store...i'm made up, bout time we had a decent clothes shop apart from new look in wallasey cool
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 9:02pm
there will be a Next there, lets hope this works, can any1 see it working
Posted By: pod91 Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 26th Jul 2011 9:21pm
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=416977

all your morrisons tips
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 27th Jul 2011 8:06am
I do indeed smile lol and as for next I think that's just an e.g image, Family member works for Next and they said there was going to be one in Bidston were MFI was but they pulled those plans and have made a big one in Cheshire oaks.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 27th Jul 2011 8:13am
so store wise, whats been confirmed as opening down there?
i know Morrisons and Home Bargain are for defo...
but anyone know what else?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 27th Jul 2011 9:55am
so store wise, whats been confirmed as opening down there?
i know Morrisons and Home Bargain are for defo...
but anyone know what else?

Clicky
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Morrisons interview, any tips? - 27th Jul 2011 10:20am
Hi
Have read that.
But wondered apart from Morrisons & Home Bargains,
If anyone knew for sure of any other stores opening
Down there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral