Forums
Posted By: free_spirit morrisons new store - 5th Jul 2011 7:52am
has anyone any idea how long it's likely to be till we find out if we have gotten through to the interview stage or not for the new Morrisons in New Brighton?

i have no clue to how long these things take..

thanks
Posted By: Mally Re: morrisons new store - 5th Jul 2011 8:29am
My Daughter went to Tranmere on Monday, put the application form in to Birkenhead Jobcentre on Tuesday and she had a rejection letter from Morrisons on Thursday, I recon if you have not heard anything by now then you must be ok for interview.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: morrisons new store - 5th Jul 2011 8:36am
blimey,that was quick..sorry to hear that..
i guess i'll have just wait on the post
has she seen the jobs advertised for the new asda superstore in birkenhead?

also home bargains are opening in october in new brighton also, plenty of jobs going there too..

good luck
Posted By: Sallybear Re: morrisons new store - 5th Jul 2011 11:43am
At the open days when application forms were given out, they said the interviews would be the last week of July and first week of August. And you had to be able to attend interviews in those weeks in order to stand a chance. The job then starts the beginning of September in the new store before it opens a month later. Check-out operators would start in other stores but come back to New Brighton in time for opening.

I am surprised at a rejection letter coming so soon before the closing date of the Friday, sorry to hear that.

As for ASDA, the jobs for the new store haven't yet gone live, but the Netto conversion stores are advertising under Asda as that is the next phase to open.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: morrisons new store - 5th Jul 2011 3:30pm
The new asda superstore in Oliver street/ grange road
Are live now.
Morrisons opens October. Checkout staff do training in new store
A week before it opens.
Other staff fish, bakery etc start earlier in other stores
Posted By: davymac Re: morrisons new store - 5th Jul 2011 8:19pm
Asda jobs went live yesterday. There is a link on the wiki site.
Just need to scroll down the forums page.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: morrisons new store - 6th Jul 2011 7:48am
https://hourly.asda.jobs/2057/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=25222&siteid=5034
use search button, search birkenhead etc
© Wirral-Wikiwirral