Forums
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 8:41pm
Hey Guys

Im unemployed at the moment and whilst im looking for work i need something to keep me busy during the day does anyone know anywhere i can get some voluntry work temporary? Until i find a paid job.

Ideas and offers welcome smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 8:50pm
British Red Cross mate 0151 702 5060 smile
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 8:53pm
My wife is the volunteer manager for Age Concern. They have positions from driving the vans to cooking, caring, etc.

Phone 653 4404

She also said do-it.org.uk is somewhere good to look.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 8:54pm
doesnt voluntary work effect benefits?
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 8:59pm
not at all.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:03pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
you can't do more than 15 hours a week i think.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:03pm
If your a DJ, it might be worth talking to Pauline at 7 waves community Radio, pass on some of them skills.
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:05pm
Originally Posted by zippy

That's not correct. You can do as many as you want with a registered charity as long as it doesn't stop you attending job interviews and job seekers meetings.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:06pm
Originally Posted by kamikazi9
If your a DJ, it might be worth talking to Pauline at 7 waves community Radio, pass on some of them skills.

Already heavily involved with 7 waves smile do a show on a saturday evening smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:10pm
Originally Posted by deano606
Originally Posted by zippy

That's not correct. You can do as many as you want with a registered charity as long as it doesn't stop you attending job interviews and job seekers meetings.
this is correct mate
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:13pm
Originally Posted by DJ_Karl_David
Originally Posted by kamikazi9

Already heavily involved with 7 waves smile do a show on a saturday evening smile

Good Work Fella! I'll have a listen
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:19pm
Go on the CSV site, there are thousands of voluntary jobs there.

There is no specified limit to how many unpaid hours you can work BUT whatever you do, make sure you clear it with the Job Centre first. They sometimes have a habit of saying you should be paid for the work you are doing and stopping your benefits.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:20pm
Thanks for advice people will call job centre tommorow and discuss it with them.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:23pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Go on the CSV site, there are thousands of voluntary jobs there.

There is no specified limit to how many unpaid hours you can work BUT whatever you do, make sure you clear it with the Job Centre first. They sometimes have a habit of saying you should be paid for the work you are doing and stopping your benefits.

yerr withthat
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 16th Feb 2011 9:47pm
If you want to volunteer with the elderly or people who have just come out of hospital contact the Home From Hospital service, they are always crying out for help, 0151 203-2111 ext 303 otherwise try Volunteering Wirral on 0151 203-2111 ext 309. Good luck, Karl.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 3:32pm
Nursing homes are always looking for staff Karl, there's plenty of work in that sector if your willing to learn smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 3:54pm
I called Home from Hospital the other day! - Barbara Lewis is her name - she still hasnt got back to me!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 4:31pm
Originally Posted by amylou89
I called Home from Hospital the other day! - Barbara Lewis is her name - she still hasnt got back to me!

Barbara is away on holiday, I'll ask Claire to call you, PM me with your name and phone number and I'll pass it on.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 4:38pm
I did a bit of voluntary work a while bk throught hte jobby and I was disgusted at the way it was ran. To me it became apparent that one guy was becoming rather wealthy by using free labour. I think he knew I knew this and make sure that kept his distance. I would have thought if any voluntary work would be carefully monitored it would of been one organised through the job centre.

Im not saying all of these voluntary jobs are like this but just make sure your not lining someone elses pockets at your expense.
Posted By: kermit Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 7:33pm
Originally Posted by amylou89

PM sent amy smile
Posted By: kermit Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 7:38pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
I did a bit of voluntary work a while bk throught hte jobby and I was disgusted at the way it was ran. To me it became apparent that one guy was becoming rather wealthy by using free labour. I think he knew I knew this and make sure that kept his distance. I would have thought if any voluntary work would be carefully monitored it would of been one organised through the job centre.

Im not saying all of these voluntary jobs are like this but just make sure your not lining someone elses pockets at your expense.

oooo this really does sound like a place I did some voluntary work, except it turns out one of the paid staff well boses ripped the place off
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 10:35pm
Another major volunteering site HERE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 10:45pm
Deano already posted that!

Originally Posted by deano606
My wife is the volunteer manager for Age Concern. They have positions from driving the vans to cooking, caring, etc.

Phone 653 4404

She also said do-it.org.uk is somewhere good to look.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 10:46pm
lol, didn't spot it, was looking for links
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 10:48pm
We're not all as efficient as you DD!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 10:55pm
If I was efficient I would have spotted it raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Voluntary work? - 17th Feb 2011 10:58pm
True enough! smack
Posted By: Bradinho Re: Voluntary work? - 19th Feb 2011 4:24pm
RSPB Dee estuary have some volunteer opportunities - 0151 336 7681 for details
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Voluntary work? - 19th Feb 2011 6:19pm
Originally Posted by kermit
Originally Posted by Sanchez

oooo this really does sound like a place I did some voluntary work, except it turns out one of the paid staff well boses ripped the place off

The meeting place wasnt outside the Liver building in Lpool by any chance?
Posted By: chris58 Re: Voluntary work? - 19th Feb 2011 6:20pm
YMCA are opening charity shop on woodchurch road by sainsburys. They had a notice in the window yesterday when I passed asking for volunteers
Posted By: kermit Re: Voluntary work? - 20th Feb 2011 12:59pm
Doing voluntary work I think you have to be interested in it, to get some enjoyment out of it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral