Forums
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Being made redundant - 29th Nov 2010 10:24pm
Just found out im gonna be losing my job after xmas! Great time of year!

If anyone knows of anything going then i have over 6 years in customer service & administration management.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Being made redundant - 29th Nov 2010 10:31pm
Sorry to hear that Karl.
It's suprising how many people are told at this time of year.
My husband has been made redundant around 9 times but fortunately has always found another job.
I believe these things happen for a reason.
Chin up, look to the future and best of luck.X
Posted By: dodie Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 8:04am
hi karl sorry to hear that your losing your job good luck hope you find something else soon
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 8:21am
Its not really a big deal i am also self employed as you know dodie doing design & print work so i still have a lot of custom from this and my dj work which i can live off if i manage my money well. Hopefullly something else full time will pop up soon.
Posted By: ponytail Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 8:58am
They say its easier to find work whilst in work - have you registered with any online jobhunting sites? Look for closing dates and apply soon as when they reach the limit of applicants, they close the recruitment process. You register and upload your cv - may be worth a shot. Agencies always advertise but are choosy and unreliable. Ensure you get a written reference before you leave. Good luck.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 9:13am
You shouldn't have any problem at all getting a job, after all this coalition government are going to get one and a half million long term unemployed back in to work, so in this country thats supposedly over flowing with job opportunities and vacancies, a person who is not a lazy person who wants to work shouldn't have a problem. That's according to the gospel of Ian Duncan Smith, so good luck.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 9:40am
I was made redundant twice. Both times you felt the world had been kicked from under your feet. In both cases, looking back on it, it was the best thing since sliced bread. Made you review your life and values a bit. If you have the right attitude and determination, you will find a new slot, better than the old one.

As Gloria says, get that written reference before you leave. You are then free to tell the boss his wife is real go-er with other staff members**

** Merely an option you understand. ha.ha.

Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 10:43am
Yes summer im waiting for a PM haha ive got 5/6 weeks left here yet.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 2:44pm
Sorry to hear that , and i dont know if this suits you ,or how true it is , but i heard , yesterday while i was in work, that Syncreon , who are based at Vauxhalls , are looking for stacker drivers....
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Being made redundant - 30th Nov 2010 2:46pm
Originally Posted by toffeenose
Sorry to hear that , and i dont know if this suits you ,or how true it is , but i heard , yesterday while i was in work, that Syncreon , who are based at Vauxhalls , are looking for stacker drivers....
I beleive Adecco are the people to contact
© Wirral-Wikiwirral