Forums
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 4:34pm
Does anyone know of any full time retail work going around the Wallasey area, im looking none stop on the jobs websites but having no luck.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 4:37pm
Wot about when the new tesco opens in lizzy?
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 4:44pm
It has already opened, i didn't see nothing on the job sites for it and when i checked there website it said they has stopped taking applications, lol i didn't even see them offering the work any place.

And baring in mind i am looking none stop for work on the net and out and about.

I have worked in retail, security, bar supervisor, laminator, but m having no luck finding anything.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 4:48pm
theres nothing much about to be honest mate ive been looking for work my self managed to get a weekend job over in liverpool ty some agencies mate
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 5:11pm
Websites etc arent the best when it comes to retail jobs.
Its best to go to the store in person, and ask to see the manager, to organise and assessment, if they have jobs available etc

Ive looked for pretty much everything on the Job centre website..and theres basically Zilch work I could do for specific reasons. Mainly because I dont have the "Experience" needed.

Well provide me with some training, and Ill have the experience, Dumb Arses!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 5:52pm
^^^ As MGCraid said. Go into every shop on a street, and I bet you'll find work.

Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Work wanted - 17th Nov 2009 6:39pm
I think you'll find that most retail places employ people on a part time basis. You can very often work up to 39 hours but the contract is only for 6 / 12/ 18 hours a week - that way, if its quiet then you don't work. It is always worth doing though because more often than not you can pcik up more hours than you are contracted for.
Good Luck
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 12:06pm
Still looking none stop still, does anyone know of any companies taken on? Im looking for pretty much anything now as i need work so bad.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 12:29pm
I thought jobs were quiet just after xmas, but I can't even find anything to apply for at the moment.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 12:31pm
ASDA have a high turn over of staff in Liscard. Worth a try there...
Posted By: Victor_Meldrew Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 12:32pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

Ile drop my CV in cheers.
Im on the job sites nearly all day every day and theres nothing and when you do apply you hear nothing from them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 1:39pm
Originally Posted by WonderBoy

Im on the job sites nearly all day every day and theres nothing and when you do apply you hear nothing from them.

That's because there are so many applying for jobs that to reply to everyone is financially not possible when companies are feeling the pinch.

Good luck.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 2:02pm
Originally Posted by WonderBoy

That's because there are so many applying for jobs that to reply to everyone is financially not possible when companies are feeling the pinch,

But most jobs are applied for via e mail,so really they should get back to you via e mail and that costs nothing.

Good luck.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Work wanted - 10th Feb 2010 2:08pm
Except time. And time is money as the say. Dont know the cost of decency tho!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral