Forums
Posted By: paula employment law - 20th Aug 2009 7:53pm
hi is anyone really up on employment law,i am leaving my current job after working there for 14half years due to the new owners my old boss sold the buisness last sept under the tupe transfer.i dont like how the new owners operate and have to get out as its making me ill i am paid monthly my salary and a month in arrears any overtime and bonus i finish on the 28th of august 2009 but my employers are telling me as i am not employed by them in september i am not entitled to my overtime or bonus for august even though i have worked the month of august is this right as there saying it is any advice greatly received thanks paula.
Posted By: bert1 Re: employment law - 20th Aug 2009 8:03pm
That can't be right , if you have worked overtime and accrued bonus, you are owed payment regardless of when or how it is paid. Seek advice from the Citizens advice bureau.
Posted By: angelina Re: employment law - 20th Aug 2009 8:18pm
You should be entitled to overtime for aug as you have worked it. Under the new laws, depending on if you signed a new contract with the new bosses you may not be entitled to bonus payments depending on if they are accrued monthly or yearly. Because they took over in sept you may have to be employed in sept this year to claim bonus. I would agree with bert seek some advice from citizens advice as they are very good. Did you sign a new contract with the new company, otherwise it could get very difficault as they may not even have to pay you, unless ther is paperwork from your old boss transferring all employees. i.e proof you have paid tax and nat ins under the new companys name.Good luck
Posted By: paula Re: employment law - 20th Aug 2009 8:37pm
because of the tupe transfer all our terms and conditions of employment were carried over to the new owners paula.
Posted By: paula Re: employment law - 20th Aug 2009 8:40pm
they are paid a month in arrears only as they cannot be calculated any quicker which is understandable and we dont know how much overtime we will have done until we have completed the month.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral