Forums
Posted By: Peachy Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:03am
YAYY!!!!

On the 22nd April!
I'm so excited, i was given an interveiw last year but was really really ill so couldnt attend it. So i recently reapplied for it, and they've given me another interveiw.. I@M SO SO SO HAPPY!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:05am
Are you becomming a vampire wink

Seriously though, good luck happy
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:07am
Hmm, maybe i should
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:23am
is this at arrowe?

hope you have a good aim and a steady hand
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:26am
Yer at arrowe, i applyed at clatterbridge too, but would rather be at arrowe. Yer i think i do.. maybe i should ask stuy if i can paractise on him.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:32am
....practise being a vampire... think

Gerrroffffff! tease
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:38am
No silly, trying to aim a needle into your arm!..
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:38am
i think she means with needles lad - not her gnashers
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:51am
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
No silly, trying to aim a needle into your arm!..

...and thats ment to be better omg
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:52am
Yeshum
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:57am
Ill have a think about it and get back to you........ seeyu
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 11:57am
I used to hate having blood taken. I just look away now and think of something complicated.
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 12:09pm
Peachy - just don't mention your inability to handle daylight and the fact that you sleep upside down and you'll be fine happy
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 14th Apr 2009 4:06pm
Yeah! Good luck peachy. I was on warfarin once and used to dread having my inr done.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 16th Apr 2009 3:58pm
If you must, you can practice on me...

Hope it goes well!
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 7:55am
Its today!!...
Excited but scared!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 7:57am
Good luck thumbsup
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:01am
Thanks stuy smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:25am
Good luck Peachy! I dont mind being a trial dummy, i like having blood taken for some odd reason lol
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:26am
Originally Posted by Alex85

Hope it goes well!

Bless, he's trying his best here to win you over raftl
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:27am
haha i know.. tease

I dont want another CW Love.
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:30am
It's like relationships in the workplace, you split up and work is never the same lol plus when you are together, you are around them all the time, sod that raftl
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:32am
Haha, i'm not round that much so its all ok smile

Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 8:33am
Aaah, it's all good then laugh Nothing worse than seeing an ex or a partner every hour god sends... can you tell i'm an excellent GF lol
Posted By: Lauraxxx Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 10:44am

offtopic

but anyway...
its mad what people will do to avoid there exes but many people also keep just one step behind to spy lol just how great are these chats to keep tabs on exes haha
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 10:52am
Thankfully none of my exes are on here, and if they were, they are exes for a reason so I personally wouldn't give a shat what they do.
Posted By: Lauraxxx Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 10:54am
Me neither lol but some people are that pathetic to do so x
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 11:01am
I know - it's sad no
Posted By: xXxSausagexXx Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 11:03am
withthat i have to totally agree
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 11:04am
SAUSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey beautiful hi
Posted By: xXxSausagexXx Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 11:08am
just thought i would make an appearance im off now lol hi
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 11:11am
Good job i have no ex's on here too smile

Oh wait... sean is one, but were good mates still =]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 11:51am
Originally Posted by Izzy

Hope it goes well!

Bless, he's trying his best here to win you over raftl

D'oh - am I THAT transparent???

OK, OK, if I promise not to come back if it doesn't work out can we give it a try? whistle

Only messing with you - let us know how it went!
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:25pm
yer will do.

AN HOUR, i'm dead scared!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:32pm
Don't be scared hon. Just go in there feeling confident, but not cocky. Don't answer the questions too quickly - take a breath, think about your answer then deliver it in a confident and concise manner. Don't sit with your head down, maintain eye contact but don't stare and whatever you do - don't do a Spud from Trainspotting raftl

As long as you have done some background on what the job entails and the hospital itself, you should be fine.

Good Luck thumbsup
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:36pm
But i havent haha iv only done retail, but they know that and still gave me an interview!

I'm not even sure why i want to be one... :S
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:41pm
Then do some pretty quick raftl Just the basics should do.

What made you apply in the first place??
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:43pm
my mum was like youd be good at this coz your good with people, dead chatty and stuff, make people feel good and not worry, also just so i could get onto the NHS haha.
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:49pm
Ok - here's some of the skills you'll need to be a phlebotomist:

Excellent communication skills - you've worked in retail, you dealt with customers every day no doubt.

Manual dexterity - if you used the tills, then you can pick up, scan and dump.

Smart presentation.

Willingness to undertake ongoing Training.

Ability to work in a pressured environment - retail at christmas, need I say any more!!!

Able to work as part of a team - you don't work alone in retail, think about it.

Able to handle sensitive & confidential information - we'll skim over that raftl

Able to cope with nervous and distressed patients - if someone is nervous, could you take their mind off it? Distraction techniques - find out what they like doing and talk to them about it or get them to tell you, it takes the focus away.

Shows sensitivity & empathy to the needs of others - if you can do the above then this is easy!

Accept and follow instructions in a safe and efficient manner - you're not thick so I don't think it's a problem.

Will that do you raftl

Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:52pm
yer i think.THANK YOUUU!!.. byeee xx
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:53pm
Hey, that's what we're here for wink

Good Luck Doll happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:55pm
Don't forget to tell them you used to be a smackhead and therefore you are great at finding veins! That'll surely get you the job!
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 22nd Apr 2009 12:55pm
raftl
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 7:33am
all done!!!!!! =] =]

Was scary but ok i think smile fingers crossed find out on tues
Posted By: Wheels Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 7:38am
Lovely jubly smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 7:44am
Urgh, you have to wait that long? lol

How did you think it went? I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 8:26am
yeee i know, the manager is off thurs n friday.

I think it went ok to be honest, i just waffled on, but it was good waffle me thinks, they were all nodding and smiling and writing.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 8:27am
Are you sure you want to work in the NHS? Its always this slow raftl
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 8:28am
I dont get you?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 8:34am
waiting until tuesday for result of interview
the nhs is always this slow
and for some stupid reason we all put up with it
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 11:25am
It's always been that way raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 11:47am
i'm still waiting for shortlisting for a vacancy that closed on 6th april frown
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 11:50am
Thought they were meant to be doing that 2 days ago think
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 11:50am
exactly frown
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 11:56am
Well, by the time they have sat having coffee, tea, sandwiches, cakes etc at the NHS expense to shortlist, then had some more tea, coffee and biscuits, it would be time to go home. The next day, Wednesday, they would give the details to their secretary, who will put them on her "to do" pile, but because of all the other work piled on her desk she will not have time to do it, so it waits until today.

If you're lucky, you may hear by Monday or Tuesday.

I have everything crossed!!! I've not heard about that RTA post either frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 23rd Apr 2009 5:40pm
Waiting 4 working days for the outcome of an interview isn't a long time in my experience. In the last couple of jobs I got, I waited that long to be invited back for a second interview!

Sit tight and good luck!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 24th Apr 2009 10:00am
A bit late in this thread I know. I know what a phlebotomist is, but what's the "garde" bit mean?

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 24th Apr 2009 11:23am
It's the person who takes your blood in hospitals Chris, and I think it should have said "grade".
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 24th Apr 2009 11:27am
yer my bad.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 24th Apr 2009 2:01pm
Ah, thanks for that. Jaci, you're coming up with some great quotes recently; I love the Yeats one. In fact, it's so beautiful I'm going to quote it in full; it's one of those which makes me cry (sorry).

"He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven"
William Butler Yeats

"Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams".

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 24th Apr 2009 2:18pm
Does the same to me Chris. He's one of my favourite poets. He obviously loved the person he wrote it about very much, or at very least held them in high esteem, if you think about the meaning of it smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 25th Apr 2009 8:43am
I've just set up two interviews for Tuesday - so I want some luck coming my way too if theres some left!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 25th Apr 2009 10:32am
There's always some left where Wiki members are concerned so Good Luck Alex!! Just remember - do your homework about the job and the company!! Always be one step ahead of the rest wink
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 25th Apr 2009 1:30pm
Good Luckk!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 25th Apr 2009 10:01pm
good luck

thumbsup
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 9:16am
I GOT THE JOB
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 9:21am
clap WELL DONE HOLLY clap
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 9:22am
YAY thank you! smile
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 11:16am
I GOT THE JOB

Weeeeeeee

Congtats Hun

Nice to hear some happy news for a change

Snod
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 11:19am
I know, i'm so Happy, looks like all that good luck you gave me and the advice off Pagan helped!
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 5:16pm
YOU did the interview Hol, not us wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 8:03pm
Just seen this, well done Hol - nice one. When do you start?

I'm sitting here doing some research on the company, its almost a complete change of career, bored of the one im in now, even though its quite lucrative, the 3 hours of commuter traffic each day is doing my head in.

Heres a question id like some advice on. The MD of the company is the High Sheriff of County Durham, came across it on the web when I was googleing.

Do I say I'm honoured to meet him? Its kinda mentioning his personal life? Do I make it look like ive done some thorough research or would you say personal life was off limits?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 8:22pm
what sort of things would you delve into in regards to his personal life? lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 27th Apr 2009 8:26pm
Like I said above, he is High Sheriff of County Durham - nothing to do with the job or the company.

Do I say honoured to meet you etc, I see you are High Sheriff etc?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 29th Apr 2009 9:25pm
Hate to hijack the thread but got 2 job offers today... decisions decisions. But will certainly be resigning tomorrow...
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 29th Apr 2009 9:51pm
Like I said above, he is High Sheriff of County Durham - nothing to do with the job or the company.

No - if it's nothing to do with the company or the job I'd suggest against it. JMPO.

Congrats on the job offers too thumbsup
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 8:48am
Lets us know what you do al, congrats! smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 8:57am
Sorry it's late Peachy, but congrats hun laugh and Alex too, congrats on your job offers, take the one with the most pay lol
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 9:01am
Haha agreed, and thanks izzy smile
Posted By: chriskay Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 10:23am

You could always try "Go for your guns, Sheriff; there aint room in this town for both of us" laugh
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 12:02pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

You could always try "Go for your guns, Sheriff; there aint room in this town for both of us" laugh

raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 12:17pm
I GOT THE JOB
Woohoo - well done!!

Let's hope there's a bit more wiki good fortune left for Alex and me!
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 12:18pm
And me frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 12:19pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
And me frown
Sowee J

For Alex, J and I!

Anyone else?
Posted By: Wench Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 30th Apr 2009 12:27pm
I think I'm going to need it. 2 places said that they check every application and then let you know either way via email by the end of the 2nd working day - I'm still waiting mad That coupled with the places that don't even have the decency to reply when you put a SAE in with the application (wtf do they do with the stamps!?! ) and I'm getting rather disheartened frown

I'll keep at it though raftl
Congratulations to Peachy.
Fingers crossed for the others xxx
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 4th May 2009 7:06pm
Has anyone had any news?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 12:20pm
I got both jobs as I think I mentioned. Took the one based in Chester as did not fancy the drive to Warrington every morning.

It also has the best pay, best company car allowance and IMO the best company overall anyway.

I handed in my notice last week, and they are making life difficult here but I start on 28th May after my holiday to St Lucia and have a week away training starting 1st June in a nice hotel for the week. So pretty happy with that!!

When do you start Peach?
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 12:29pm
Tomorrow smile I have to work a month in hand tho.. Urk!
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 12:52pm
where you gonna be based?
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 12:54pm
me?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:00pm
Well done peachy!!
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:01pm
Thank you smile
me?

Yes you!
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:03pm
haha *shy*

Arrow Park hun
Ahhh ive gotta have a liver funtion test done there on the 13th haha if you, you better have a steady hand
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:08pm
laugh laugh i'll stab you on the face laugh
shocked

I hate needles aswell
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:15pm
Really, i dont see what is scary about them
well its not exactly the needle its the fact there pulling out your blood haha i dont mind injections like
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:22pm
Oh we dont 'pull' the blood out no more, you just click the test tube thing on the end and it fills its self up smile
well your still taking my blood! i want my blood for myself thankyou very much!

snob

GOOD DAY SIR!

ps, does it hurt?

Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:26pm
Nothing hurts smile
Good. i look forward to having my blood taken now
Posted By: Peachy Re: Interview for basic garde phlebotomist - 6th May 2009 1:29pm
Good Good.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral