Forums
Posted By: chiccy Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:14pm
helloooo... as most of u know im a mum of 3,... when not on mat leave i am a part time nursery cook/catering assistant LOL.......

any road id love to be a stay at home mum however funds dont permit this soooo another idea was to work from home but...WHAT DOING smack!?!?

does any 1 have any ideas please??? xxx
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:16pm
yer hun party planner you dam good at that hun but branch out to wedding planner to me and kerry will use you lol
Posted By: chiccy Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:29pm
would LOVE to do the caterin 4 party thing
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:31pm
will remember that when we get round to sorting our wedding out then lol
Posted By: GaryB Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:31pm
Learn AutoCAD wink Get around £20ph plus.

Its fairly straight forward, just might need to brush up on technical info in relation to what you are drawing.

I charge about £15ph, extra if the client wants plots in B+W and even more if they want colour (colour plots are expensive).

You just need to find people who need a CAD draftsperson.

If you need more info just ask smile

Posted By: chiccy Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:35pm
any dates yet ste???

GaryB..what the eckyfumps 1 on them smile
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:37pm
yer hun some time in the future lol when kerry pulls her finger out
Posted By: chiccy Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:41pm
go bloody book somat!!!dont tell her make it a suprise hehe
Posted By: GaryB Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 7:46pm
AutoCAD is a technical drawing package, used mainly by design engineers and technicians. I use it daily as I'm a Highway Designer, but I also do work from home for anyone really. I have drawn anything from a dormer extension on a house to a water storage vessel. It just depends on your willingness to sit in front of the PC all day and draw what people tell you even if what they tell you is wrong.

Its not as a bigger deal as it sounds. The best way to imagine it is like a cleaver MS Paint. But instead of just an X/Y plane, it also has a Z value, in other words its 3D.

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=452932&id=9034593

Posted By: chiccy Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 8:03pm
doh sounds to technical 4 me shifty
Posted By: GaryB Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 8:06pm
Not really. If you can use a mouse you can use AutoCAD.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Working From Home? - 15th Feb 2008 8:36pm
Originally Posted by GaryB
Not really. If you can use a mouse you can use AutoCAD.
that i can do laugh
Posted By: GaryB Re: Working From Home? - 16th Feb 2008 8:18am
Best thing to do would be find a torrent site with AutoCAD 2007 on it and just have a play with it until you get to grips with it. As I said above; once you understand it you will need to start writing to potential clients offering your CAD services. Start small, like a house extension or something similar.

For example, a house extension would only consist of an existing 'plan'(birds eye view) layout of the house and garden. A proposed layout and then several elevations of the house, both existing and proposed. The client should supply all the necessary dimensions for you to be able to draw it, so you shouldn't have to leave your desk at home.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Working From Home? - 16th Feb 2008 1:21pm
garyb is that all you charge? old mate of mine was charging 40p/h 6 years ago.
Posted By: GaryB Re: Working From Home? - 16th Feb 2008 1:22pm
yeah, it depends on the client to be honest. also its no through the books, so its a nice rate wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral